Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has links to the actual, unadulterated versions of the posters? I'd love to see them! Last time I saw them was in BMT; it's been a while!

Alvin, you've not accepted it yet?! Whoa, that's late. I would have thought the deadline has passed already. Anyway, yes, that's life.

Schmetterling, hello and welcome to TSR! :tsr2: Come give us an introduction to yourself so that we know how much we can bully you. And, oh, stay away from Val AKA life_rockz at all costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Alvin, you've not accepted it yet?! Whoa, that's late. I would have thought the deadline has passed already. Anyway, yes, that's life.

Schmetterling, hello and welcome to TSR! :tsr2: Come give us an introduction to yourself so that we know how much we can bully you. And, oh, stay away from Val AKA life_rockz at all costs.
    Nay. Deadline is 14 July 'cos I chose a random school around mid-June to prolong the deadline.

schmetterling is gg to imperial for bio.

ReputationRep:
    :wavey: schmetterling. =)

Everyone should give this a good listen: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OSjgOcFdI9Y.

Food for thought? ;smurf;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    :wavey: schmetterling. =)

Everyone should give this a good listen: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OSjgOcFdI9Y.

Food for thought? ;smurf;
    OEI. I was the one who found that first and gave it to you! :proud:

But yeah, that man's gone a little senile lately if you've been keeping up with the domestic news in our big brother up north.

ReputationRep:

But yeah, that man's gone a little senile lately if you've been keeping up with the domestic news in our big brother up north.
    ;yikes; lies! I found it first!

;catfight; :p:

ReputationRep:
    ;yikes; lies! I found it first!

;catfight; :p:
    You're just obsessed with all those new smileys. Try finding a hobby other than memorising the codes of those smileys pleas; thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You're just obsessed with all those new smileys. Try finding a hobby other than memorising the codes of those smileys pleas; thanks.

;dots;

And learn how to spell. :own3d:

HEH! :p:

ReputationRep:

At the risk of raising the ire of the people on this Singapore thread, I have to say though, that am a fervent, ardent Mahathir loyalist... You do have to admit though, what's the point of buying more advanced weaponry if you can't use them the way you want... Just my opinion, though, no need to bite my head off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fa|ique)
    At the risk of raising the ire of the people on this Singapore thread, I have to say though, that am a fervent, ardent Mahathir loyalist... You do have to admit though, what's the point of buying more advanced weaponry if you can't use them the way you want... Just my opinion, though, no need to bite my head off...
    So, you think he's perfectly right by barking down the alley of his successor?

I think he should take a break for real.

He's done some good work for Malaysia. But his time is up!

ReputationRep:
    Ok calm down people, let's not turn this into a clash of the neighbours! :eek:

Yeah I never knew about the source code bit being kept by the Americans (which means they would probably know in real-time who you've locked your targets on and all that jazz), but nevertheless, raising the Singapore bit was being completely insensitive.

Ok discussion over, next topic please!

ReputationRep:
    So, you think he's perfectly right by barking down the alley of his successor?

I think he should take a break for real.

He's done some good work for Malaysia. But his time is up!
    Well, yeah, if my legacy is being dismantled by some little schmuck influencing my successor, I actually would do the same thing...

Badawi promised to continue with his policies, but started doing the reverse soon after. Although I did think that the Najib vs Badawi thing was below the belt though... However, I do think that some of the issues raised do have their merits, others not so much...

I do think that the Singapore remark was made tongue-in-cheek though. I don't think he meant it as a very real threat or anything of the sort. It's just he does like taking jibes at Singapore... By the way, I'm Singaporean, and I never really took offence at that statement... That's just me I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, back to more domestic-related issues, does anyone have images/copies of the unadulterated/original versions of the Army advertisement posters anywhere? Rep available for the person who can provide me with at least 6 of them. You know you can't resist those gems!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, back to more domestic-related issues, does anyone have images/copies of the unadulterated/original versions of the Army advertisement posters anywhere? Rep available for the person who can provide me with at least 6 of them. You know you can't resist those gems!
    P.s. If you cannot find me the posters, at least post all the captions here then.!

Number them as well please.

1. The mud on my face is soil. Our soil.
    2. Far from home. Closer to peace.
    3. We never mistake peacefulness for peace.
    4. What you value, you will defend.
    5. Master the present. Dominate the future.

ReputationRep:
    If you're really that desperate, I'm sure you can write to PAFF asking for them. They'll be more than happy.

ReputationRep:
    Umm, no thanks, I'd rather not have any contact with the MINDEF Public Affairs branch and attract unnecessary attention my way. Knowing them, they'd probably demand my I/C number first before revealing the information. Why? Oh, "to enhance service to Singaporeans". "hmpf:

*trusts no PAFF bigwig reads TSR :p:*

ReputationRep:
    If any of you could be kind enough to email PAFF and post the information up for me once you've got it, the rep offer still stands though, of course!

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/ is a good start to look for the number. :p:

Alternatively, try the MINDEF Directory at http://app.sgdi.gov.sg/listing.asp?a..._id=0000000002.

ReputationRep:
    A

*gasp. WHAT did I ever do to YOU huh?!?! :mad: pfft.

Schmetterling love, don't believe anything Nutter (or Knogle) tells you. Unless it's nice things of course. Anything not nice is most definitely false. Cuz i'm an angel, see.;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Val --> :yo-less:

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    Val --> :yo-less:

:yy:
    More like :evil:...

Honestly!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: *bawls

They've never even met me.

(why is there no bawling smiley?)

*sulks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.