The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It was a good exam I think. The questions were great, I just hope that I've done myself justice! :biggrin:
Reply 361
Original post by getoom
For Both questions my teacher always said it wasn't advisable to do huge paragraphs on agree and disagree.

For section A mine start with a sentence which is basically my line of argument then i do a paragraph for each source and try to argue for and against using each source with a small bit at the end of each paragraph to link it to my line of argument. Then if i feel i have enough time left I write a paragraph which just consolidates my cross referencing and corroborating of sources then a conclusion

I'm reasonable good at section A questions, i was one mark away from full in the mock but my section B lets me down, which unfortunaley is the question with the higher marks.

My section B's are similar but with most of the source analysis replaced by own knowledge and some other stuff added and taken away.

Hi... My teacher also told me this method was best, but upon researching and asking another, more qualified History teacher at my school, he told me that this way would limit the cross-referencing, which is major in AO2 assessing in both Question A and B.

The method of: Intro ---> For (show all evidence for)----> against (different paragraph for all other causes/reasons/ideas) and then conclusion is what Edexcel are looking for. If you look at the Examiners Report, particularly for June 2012, responses such as yours limit you at a Level 2 response for Question A, as the sources are meant to be taken as a PACKAGE and not individually analysed one by one as your method suggests.

I know this is too late, but I hope you did well! J
Original post by Jord1995
Hi... My teacher also told me this method was best, but upon researching and asking another, more qualified History teacher at my school, he told me that this way would limit the cross-referencing, which is major in AO2 assessing in both Question A and B.

The method of: Intro ---> For (show all evidence for)----> against (different paragraph for all other causes/reasons/ideas) and then conclusion is what Edexcel are looking for. If you look at the Examiners Report, particularly for June 2012, responses such as yours limit you at a Level 2 response for Question A, as the sources are meant to be taken as a PACKAGE and not individually analysed one by one as your method suggests.

I know this is too late, but I hope you did well! J

Thanks, A bit too late but nvm, Yeah i can see what you mean and that was an issue in the beginning but i think i managed to do well,

(accidental neg, was trying to get pos button, will rep when i can)
Reply 363
does anyone have the questions for THE unit 1 paper, im freaking out i think i got the dates wrong on Maos China, please help me guysss im getting very worried
i did the change in industry question

Latest

Trending

Trending