Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Maggie Thatcher - The worst PM in UK's history and an economic failure watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjie)
    The people who live there want to be British it was a 99% vote to be British. Why not give Argentina 1% it's fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is solely due to economic benefits.

Have you ever seen a Falklander? 100% mix of Romano-Celtic and indigenous Argentinian, with occasional admixture of Englishman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    You read this gibberish you write before you post right?
    firstly it was 1 ship, secondly it wasnt full of anybody retreating and thirdly they most certainly had not surrendered?

Your understanding of the history, politics and general nature of the dispute is heinous.
    I know history very well despite it having little to do with my country while you probably know nothing about the Netherlands due to your ignorance, but evidently posses very limited knowledge about your own history.

Belgrano was outside of what was known Total Exclusion Zone having been retreating from what they believed to be Burwood bank with the specific intention of armistice.

We Dutch also have history in bullying the weaker, but you should be ashamed it happened in 1980s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karla_Steinbach)
    This is solely due to economic benefits.

Have you ever seen a Falklander? 100% mix of Romano-Celtic and indigenous Argentinian, with occasional admixture of Englishman.
    Funny. That's not what I saw when I was there. And considering Catholisism is the minority religion. Me thinks you aren't tellinng the truth to support you're own political agenda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by March)
    Thank you. Thatcher's defense that she wasn't certain about their true intent was fabricated; she admitted off-the-record that she knew the Argentinians were retreating after defeat, and when somebody leaked this information to the public she did her best to have him prosecuted for treason.

And, while he was technically guilty of the charge, he was found 'not-guilty' by the jury because at the end of the day, come on -- wtf, Thatcher?
    You're possibly the only person here who extends one's historical source beyond watching the Hollywood cinema films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Funny. That's not what I saw when I was there. And considering Catholisism is the minority religion. Me thinks you aren't tellinng the truth to support you're own political agenda
    The very same applies to you.:boxing:

ReputationRep:
    I know history very well despite it having little to do with my country while you probably know nothing about the Netherlands due to your ignorance, but evidently very posses very limited knowledge about your own history.

Belgrano was outside of what was known Total Exclusion Zone having been retreating from what they believed to be Burwood bank with the specific intention of armistice.

We Dutch also have history in bullying the weaker, but you should be ashamed it happened in 1980s.
    You may know your history, but you certainly do not have a clue on military tactics.

ReputationRep:
    If she was so bad how did she manage to win an unprecedented 3 elections?

I really don't get the hate for the Poll Tax either. After reading up about it recently it seems much fairer than the system where what you pay is related to the rental value of your property.

Every adult gets the same council services so why should a lone resident of a 6 bedroom house pay substantially more than 3 adults living in a two bedroom house? The lone resident would be less of a drain on council resources as they would produce less waste etc.

ReputationRep:
    I know history very well despite it having little to do with my country while you probably know nothing about the Netherlands due to your ignorance, but evidently very posses very limited knowledge about your own history.

Oh my god. On this case Wiki is you're friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_General_Belgrano

You may want to read this relativley recent report from declassified papers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...rs-reveal.html

Or if you want to read a very good book about the incident you could try this one from the guy that ordered it sunk. But didn't have the authority to, ensuring Thatcher knew it was serious.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hundred-Days.../dp/0007436408

Or to save time you could listen to the guy interviewed.Ther's even an interview with the Captain of the Belgrano and teh Captain of Conks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobTZibgRZg

Well done for knowing about Burwood bank. But you've misunderstood the importance of Burwood bank. Burwood Bank was an area of shallow water that HMS Conqueror couldn't have followed it into.

Are you willing to open you're mind?

Incidentally, I'm no expert on Dutch History, but I do know a little bit. Such as when your country was conquered by Fascist Germany in 1940 we helped liberate Holland. Not to different to the Falklands. When a naked act of aggression took place, once again we dealt with it and toppled a Fascist Military dictatorship in the process that was murdering it's own civilians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    You may know your history, but you certainly do not have a clue on military tactics.
    I am a great military tactician with pretty much every style of warfare ranging from the Dutch Revolt to the present-day and do not assume I don't just because I'm a female.

In the case of modern naval warfare all you need is an IQ above pitbull and you'll be able to confront the challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god. On this case Wiki is you're friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_General_Belgrano

You may want to read this relativley recent report from declassified papers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...rs-reveal.html

Or if you want to read a very good book about the incident you could try this one from teh guy that ordered it sunk. But didn't have the authority to ensuring Thatcher knew it was serious.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hundred-Days.../dp/0007436408

Or to save time you could listen to the guy interviewed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobTZibgRZg

Well done for knowing about Burwood bank. But you've misunderstood the importance of Burwood bank. Burwood Bank was an area of shallow water that HMS Conqueror couldn't have followed it into.

Are you willing to open you're mind?
    You're linking me a one-sided propaganda sources such as the British Admirals, plus wikipedia - if these are the sources of your knowledge then I don't want to have anything to do with you.

That wasn't the case.

ReputationRep:
    I am a great military tactician with pretty much every style of warfare ranging from the Dutch Revolt to the present-day and do not assume I don't just because I'm a female.

In the case of modern naval warfare all you need is an IQ above pitbull and you'll be able to confront the challenge.
    What the... I never said anything about your gender? I didn't even realise you were a female?

Anyway, what I was trying to say is that the Belgrano could of easily turned around during the night and fired on the Royal Navy ships. It's called feint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    What the... I never said anything about your gender? I didn't even realise you were a female?

Anyway, what I was trying to say is that the Belgrano could of easily turned around during the night and fired on the Royal Navy ships. It's called feint.
    Argentinians are men of honour: this would not have happened.

ReputationRep:
    Oh don't give me that rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    You're linking me a one-sided propaganda sources such as the British Admirals, plus wikipedia - if these are the sources of your knowledge then I don't want to have anything to do with you.

That wasn't the case.
    One sided propoganda sources including an Interview with the actual Captain of the Belgrano who admits he wasn't returning to base, but was actually waiting to attack.

I don't really know how that's biased? Would you mind explaining how?

I know why. You haven't bothered watching the You tube clip have you? Just in case it's questions your pre conceived idea.

ReputationRep:

This is how honourable some of them were.

Alfredo Astiz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfredo_Astiz

Major Patricio Dowling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupat...lkland_Islands
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...e-British.html

ReputationRep:
    I am a great military tactician with pretty much every style of warfare ranging from the Dutch Revolt to the present-day and do not assume I don't just because I'm a female you chauvinist pig.

It's a shame they didn't have you as general when The Grande Armée walked over the United Provinces. :bumps:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'ancien régime)
    It's a shame they didn't have you as general when The Grande Armée walked over the United Provinces. :bumps:
    Hahahahaha! Very funny.

ReputationRep:
    Should I start the assault on British history linking thousand events since the Lord Protector?

Don't even get me started because I'll remark the blood on your hands under Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron alike.

What really matters is the present tense.

ReputationRep:
    One sided propoganda sources including an Interview with the actual Captain of the Belgrano who admits he wasn't returning to base, but was actually waiting to attack.

I don't really know how that's biased? Would you mind explaining how?

I know why. You haven't bothered watching the You tube clip have you? Just in case it's questions your pre conceived idea.
    You are wasting your time with these teenagers. Its just the "in" thing to do right now.

One day they will remove their head from the sand a wake up to the fact that she wasn't so bad after all.

ReputationRep:
    Should I start the assault on British history linking thousand events since the Lord Protector?

Don't even get me started because I'll remark the blood on your hands under Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron alike.

What really matters is the present tense.
    Presently unless I am mistaken, like so many of her detractors were not even alive during per period in office.

You seem insistent on finding evidence that intends to discredit her, however everything you suggest has been shown to be incorrect. No one saying that you have to like the woman, but at least get your facts right.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.