Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last exam today, then I have myself a week off

and NOW as of 3:09pm that is a wrap! All finished for another year. What shall I study now? Haha

ReputationRep:
    Got my timetable today. Happy with everything except my Chemistry teacher. His entire Higher class failed last year! Not as if I need to pass chemistry or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpanishInquisition)
    Got my timetable today. Happy with everything except my Chemistry teacher. His entire Higher class failed last year! Not as if I need to pass chemistry or anything.
    You always have TSR if you are confused with something. It's full of chemistry geeks who will be able to help you :]
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    It's full of chemistry geeks who will be able to help you :]
    We prefer the term "nerds", tyvm.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to find out my Physics and Computing teachers. For Physics, I've either got the rubbish teacher I have just now and the best teacher in the department (they're sharing the AH class and a Higher class together so they switch around half way through the week) or some new guy who used to be at Calderglen(?) High School, I think. And for Computing I've either got the head of department who's great or the worst teacher in the department. Knowing my luck, I know who I'm going to end up with...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Sorry my lord. :adore: Will not make the same mistake next time

ReputationRep:
    I am going to school on Monday to retrieve my timetable I think I am more worried about the teachers i'll get, than my results on the 6th of August haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringMedic8)
    It's not! I'm not being cocky, but it actually felt like a continuation of standard grade for me. Most of my highers felt like that, I didn't notice the infamous 'big jump' at all, except for in physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have to agree with you here regarding some subjects. I found my two higher language subjects and history quite easy to adjust to.

ReputationRep:
    We all had to go to school on Friday after the geography exam on the Thursday I think we're back earlier than a lot of other school because we don't do Spanish:/ unfair how they made us come in the Friday though what was worse was our timetables weren't even ready. This meant we doesn't 6 long periods listen to motivational speakers and how important commitment is blah blah blah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Latest news I've heard from my school is that the new timetable isn't really yet as S1-3 were supposed to get their new S2/3/4 timetables to start them on Monday morning. Now they are supposed to get them on Monday morning to start them from period 2 onwards. This happens every year, you'd think they would have it sorted by now...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzlpTRNIAvc

NO exams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party time !!!

If by partying time you mean read lots of Dragonball Z manga.

SO GOOD.

I FEEL GOOD.

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest, you are getting a lot more class time on topics than all of us if you are doing them over 2 years. So you have time to go over stuff you may be stuck at, whereas in a one year higher, you basically move on the next day and if you don't get it, well tough really :lol:
    You're forgetting when I sat my standard grades I was a year younger than you. If anything, it should be harder for me since I'm a fourth year doing fifth year work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    Cheating man. Just cheating. He'll get the shock of his life doing AH's in a year after doing Highers over 2 :lol:
    Do not talk about me in the third person! Actually, just shut up, I don't even want to hear from you! I mean, you actually LIKE doing maths, so you have no position to comment...on anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Is there even a difference? I mean, both words have their own t-shirts - they must be the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do not talk about me in the third person! Actually, just shut up, I don't even want to hear from you! I mean, you actually LIKE doing maths, so you have no position to comment...on anything!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're forgetting when I sat my standard grades I was a year younger than you. If anything, it should be harder for me since I'm a fourth year doing fifth year work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I done int 2s in 3rd and 4th year. Int 2s are harder than SG so me>you

ReputationRep:
    But I done int 2s in 3rd and 4th year. Int 2s are harder than SG so me>you
    I have to counter this by saying Int.2 English was so easy, and SGrade was trumphed only by Higher English in difficulty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    I have to counter this by saying Int.2 English was so easy, and SGrade was trumphed only by Higher English in difficulty!
    Here I struggle to get my A at int 2 english!!! Even if I only got it by 2% int 2 English was hard!!

ReputationRep:
    Here I struggle to get my A at int 2 english!!! Even if I only got it by 2% int 2 English was hard!!
    I got an A by 2 marks too! Our close reading was amaze last year :cool: Its still easier than getting a 1 in SGrade tbh. That was an awful 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else started their new 5th year time table? Double english first thing on a Monday morning...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.