Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deankb1)
    <br />
    <br />

Thank you, I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you hear soon.
    Thanks Dean, when they called you was it a withheld number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1988Beatrice)
    Thanks Dean, when they called you was it a withheld number?
    <br />
    <br />

Yes it was a withheld number x

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who attended one of the East Midlands Partnership assessment days heard anything yet? Wasn't too nervous but now I know that some people have started to hear, the butterflies have started up again!

ReputationRep:
    What a nightmare. I haven't heard a thing! I applied for Staffs too. I take it that they contact the successful candidadtes first?

Congrats to those that made it.

ReputationRep:
    Is Deanbk1 the only one to have heard from Staffs?????

ReputationRep:
    At far as I know he is! I know a few people who have applied for staffs and not had any news from anyone else

hope is fading fast though!! If not successful will just get an email. They only call people to offer a place.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha- How rude. At least give us a phone call lol.

I'm going to be sooooo depressed if I get that email. I think this waiting around is the worst bit.

In fact, has anyone had this dreaded e-mail?

ReputationRep:
    Not that they've said, however I think they'll do all the yes's, then send a blanket email to everyone else!!

Am feeling pretty gutted that its likely to be a no now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhi1986)
    Not that they've said, however I think they'll do all the yes's, then send a blanket email to everyone else!!

Am feeling pretty gutted that its likely to be a no now!

Me too. I'm going to have to consider becoming a stripper instead!

ReputationRep:
    Haha!! I love it! Am now trying to remind myself that I don't actually hate my current job, and that until I got my hopes up about SUSW, I was more than happy doing what I do!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha!! I love it! Am now trying to remind myself that I don't actually hate my current job, and that until I got my hopes up about SUSW, I was more than happy doing what I do!!
    That's the one mate! Only problem that I have is that I do hate my job hahahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    This'll learn me for being a negative ninny - just got a call, and I've been offered a place!!

Hope everyone hears really soon, I feel your pain playing the waiting game!!

ReputationRep:
    This'll learn me for being a negative ninny - just got a call, and I've been offered a place!!

Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Congratulations, I'm really pleased for you. Still haven't heard anything and am now giving up hope!!

ReputationRep:

Brilliant. Congratulations. Although I'm genuinely happy for you, it makes me ever the more aware that my chances are diminishing. But i like you so- congrats again!!!!!

ReputationRep:

Where did you apply to? Well done! I had convinced myself that I hadn't got it so actually stopped thinking about it 2 days later and was just expecting the email to confirm it. I was so shocked yesterday .... Roll on January

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, congrats to those of who have got places!
    I've applied to Worcester but still haven't heard anything? I called Penna today and they said they are still making their decisions! Has anyone else heard anything?
    A x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandrakh1808)
    Hi guys, congrats to those of who have got places!
    I've applied to Worcester but still haven't heard anything? I called Penna today and they said they are still making their decisions! Has anyone else heard anything?
    A x
    hi there. I have also applied for Worcester but haven't heard anything, beginning to give up hope now! Did they give any indication as to when they would make their decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizzy125)
    hi there. I have also applied for Worcester but haven't heard anything, beginning to give up hope now! Did they give any indication as to when they would make their decision?
    Hi Gizzy,
    they was totally useless as per all they could tell me was that that LA hadn't made their decision yet! Just getting really annoying now as the rest of the west mids seem to know the answer! Fingers crossed by Friday we should know either way.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the congrats peeps...doesn't feel real yet; especially as it doesn't start for months...back to work as normal tomorrow!

for those who haven't heard, I think penna have a standard reply they send saying they are still waiting for some regions to score...I don't think it means anything either way. I got that same reply yesterday. I also don't know the rhyme or reason of who gets called and when, there was a full day between me and dean being notified, and there were only 5 people in staffs, so surely it doesn't take a day to inform 5 people. So, what I learned was not to try and second guess it. I spent most of last night crying and had completely written myself off!

But honestly, I really hope you all hear soon, and that it's great news!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.