Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is not much point speculating about boundaries... try to put it out of your mind and wait and see. My money is on 63 for an A; although, I am rather surprised so many on here thought it was a tricky paper, so it could be a little lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NabRoh)
    Are you sure your other maths exams won't pull up your UMS to something respectable?
    I did an average score on my likely results and I got a mid B I need an A to get an offer and mechanics is not even related to the course I want to do (finances) so I'm really sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollylondon)
    I did an average score on my likely results and I got a mid B I need an A to get an offer and mechanics is not even related to the course I want to do (finances) so I'm really sad
    Chin up, let's hope Arsey's categorically wrong for once and the boundaries are low low.
    Focus on your other exams and Bob's your uncle (in terms of uni offers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColourblindKid)
    M1 Jan-09

100 - 63
    90 - 56.0
    80 - 49
    70 - 42
    60 - 35
    50 - 28
    40 - 21
    in terms of a b c d e u??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    There is not much point speculating about boundaries... try to put it out of your mind and wait and see. My money is on 63 for an A; although, I am rather surprised so many on here thought it was a tricky paper, so it could be a little lower.
    so what would be a c or d??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Hi Arsey,
    sorry this isn't relevant to this thread but I really needed to ask if you got C4 Notes you could please upload? Particularly on Differentiation and Vectors and for C3, Domain and Range I just don't understand. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimi85)
    so what would be a c or d??
    The way it's converted is different every year

ReputationRep:
    Copied down the question wrong. Worked with wrong numbr for the entire section. **** me!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wndms)
    Copied down the question wrong. Worked with wrong numbr for the entire section. **** me!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For a genuine misread deduct ONLY one mark. If you misread you lose the first answer mark but all other Answer marks are considered follow through (this only applies if you read the number in a question wrong, if you do something in the method wrong youll still lose most of it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Yeah I gotta agree (although I haven't done anything beyond C1 yet) M1 is generally harder in the exam then at home for some reason, I like mechanics but my mind wasn't fully focused so I slipped up majorly on suvat and the lift
    Is m1 like as edexcel as physics mechanics? because i am hearing suvat and newtons laws of motions and other physics stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAZYABDI)
    Is m1 like as edexcel as physics mechanics? because i am hearing suvat and newtons laws of motions and other physics stuff.
    More maths-like than physics, i.e. harder suvat problems, harder moments, harder everything a few new concepts not touched upon like coefficient of friction I believe. I don't do AS physics though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    More maths-like than physics, i.e. harder suvat problems, harder moments, harder everything a few new concepts not touched upon like coefficient of friction I believe. I don't do AS physics though
    We dont do momentum we do projectiles vectors and suvat but trust me physics as can be a ***** for example jan exam was complete and utter bull****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAZYABDI)
    We dont do momentum we do projectiles vectors and suvat but trust me physics as can be a ***** for example jan exam was complete and utter bull****
    what exam board? ocr physics in jan was a great exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimi85)
    whats a c or d grade . cuz i left the moment and last part of vector question!! its my first time sitting for an m1 paper :P
    its hard to say but im guessing a D grade will be around 43/75

ReputationRep:
    #Question 2.b -3

I used NR = 50(g-2) Newtons to get 390
    not sure it that's adequate enough (or if the method is in the mark-scheme).

#Got question 5.c wrong. -4

Had 20 seconds by working out the time taken for car to travel 660. Forgot to add the 30s that the car took to travel 330m.

#E.C.F (hopefully) question 5.d

used t = 20 instead of 50. -2

#Stupid mistake in question 8.c -4

Forgot to include m in the answer. Only had ((6(2)^(1/2))/5)g instead of ((6(2)^(1/2))/5)mg

Had Rt acting in the opposite direction. Wrote 45 degree above horizontal away from particle A

Overall, less than 62/75 for me.

ReputationRep:
    Hello anyone ... i accidently put 25g as mass for question 6a (i) ... Can u tell me how many marks i will lose. Also do u think 74/75 will be 100ums .. Pls reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trentjoseph007)
    Hello anyone ... i accidently put 25g as mass for question 6a (i) ... Can u tell me how many marks i will lose. Also do u think 74/75 will be 100ums .. Pls reply.
    i won't say it'll be 100%ums for sure, although there's a good chance it could be so good luck. 25g would imply 25x9.8 which is not 25, so i think you'd lose one mark. one mark is seriously nothing to worry about though and you should be proud of 74/75 on such a hard paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljh950912)
    When will the mark scheme be released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    23rd July

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    i won't say it'll be 100%ums for sure, although there's a good chance it could be so good luck. 25g would imply 25x9.8 which is not 25, so i think you'd lose one mark. one mark is seriously nothing to worry about though and you should be proud of 74/75 on such a hard paper
    Thanks for the reply! And hope u did good as well.

EDIT; i like all the maths modules .. but i tend to make errors in exam .... even if it is a really easy paper (in this case i would say easy paper .. standard) .. I just don't know how to avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trentjoseph007)
    Thanks for the reply! And hope u did good as well.

EDIT; i like all the maths modules .. but i tend to make errors in exam .... even if it is a really easy paper (in this case i would say easy paper .. standard) .. I just don't know how to avoid it.
    Same here bro

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.