Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR McDonald's Munchie Championship! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Apple Pie!

McD's do the best apple pies. Even my mum is addicted to them!

The pastry is crisp and sweet, then the filling is just :sogood:

Also, I don't want a desert/ice cream final
    Great minds think alike.
    And you mention your mum too! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Apple Pie.

ReputationRep:
    I love that scorchingly hot apple pie. Every time.

ReputationRep:
    Milkshake- the strawberry one is my fav

ReputationRep:
    Apple pie!

ReputationRep:
    APPLE PIE WINS!

I actually feel genuinely sad for the USA in this instance. McDonalds deemed the deep fried apple pie "too unhealthy" and "too dangerous" - a combination of nutritional dearth and people burning the crap out of their faces meant they had to change to baked apple pies, in a far more traditional "Apple Pie" recipe.

But then again, this IS the country where a woman sued McDonald's as her hot cup of coffee was not marked as "hot", and thusly she put said cup between her thighs as she got one from the drive-through, jerked violently as she hit the brakes, and... well... world of hurt. From then onwards, McDonalds was legally obligated to write "Hot Coffee is Hot" on all cups. *sigh*.

Dangerous pies. Only in America.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Meliss)
    Great minds think alike.
    And you mention your mum too! :laugh:
    :yy:

Yeah, my mum kills my dad whenever we're near a McD's drive thru to get some apple pies lol, when I pass my driving test, my mum is gonna make me go through the drive thru all the time hahaha

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT:

VANILLA MILKSHAKE battles the SAUSAGE AND EGG MCMUFFIN!

Yet ANOTHER ice cream-based product comes into the fray, up against the English ire of the McMuffin. "What ho, you upstart!" yells the McMuffin. "Did no gent tell you? Breakfast is the most important of all meals betwixt and between the trials of the day ahead!"

The Vanilla Milkshake was not phased, and started singing "Ice, Ice Baby!" - the McMuffin was enraged.

"Insolence! Vanilla Ice is no friend of mine! His fresh and hip 90s lyrics egg me on, and that's no McBluffin'!"

So, they like, fought and that. Here's them fighting.

ReputationRep:
    Vanilla milkshake. Though the chocolate is far better, and I would choose any other flavour before vanilla, the egg in McMuffins are too weird for me. And the sausage is questionable too.

ReputationRep:
    Milkshake :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    But then again, this IS the country where a woman sued McDonald's as her hot cup of coffee was not marked as "hot", and thusly she put said cup between her thighs as she got one from the drive-through, jerked violently as she hit the brakes, and... well... world of hurt. From then onwards, McDonalds was legally obligated to write "Hot Coffee is Hot" on all cups. *sigh*.

Dangerous pies. Only in America.
    :laugh: brilliant!

Anyways, Sausage and Egg McMuffin! Definitely can't let the drinks win.. it would be embarrassing.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Egg McMuffin.

I don't want an all milkshakes/deserts final :lol:

ReputationRep:
    McMuffin. It always reminds me of the film Big Daddy

ReputationRep:
    Milkshake!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh McMuffin how I love you (drool)

ReputationRep:
    Since the bagel is out, I have to go with the McMuffin.

ReputationRep:
    Vanilla Milkshake.

ReputationRep:
    SAUSAGE AND EGG MCMUFFIN WINS THE HEAT!

Surely there is no greater hangover-batterer than a McMuffin and a glass bottle of Irn Bru? That pairing is capable of erasing a night of mixed spirits, tequila-jagerbomb-wine combo shots, and a brief, unsatisfying sexual encounter with a step-sibling.

....probably.

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT!

MAYO CHICKEN battles the SUGAR RING DOUGHNUT!

Fun fact: That picture of the Mayo Chicken is actually my own one from my review blog.

Fun fact 2: That picture of the Sugar Ring Doughnut is way, way too pristine to be any part of my house/life, let alone blog.

Regardless of the photograph origins, which of the two is picture-perfect on your Maccy Dee tray?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mayo Chicken.

If I wanted doughnuts, I could just pop in to Krispy Kremes! I live in Enfield, and the two stores are right next to each other hahaha.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.