Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebbieJo)
    Im going straight into first year.. I was doing economics last year and hated it so I have changed! Im at cambridge halls at the minute which is right next door to the campus (providing the move goes ahead from hollings to all saints)

Manchester is sweet you will love it!
    would you know if in clearing do they open their foundation year?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea sorry :/

ReputationRep:
    I do love Manchester haha, I have two uncles who live there and two teenage cousins and two cousins who are toddlers so been there a few times

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think I'd hear from someone else from NI going to MMU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemw)
    Anyone applied to do Nutritional Sciences and or Daisy Bank Halls for accommodation?
    Heya! I'm hopefully going to be at Daisy Bank but studying Physiotherapy!

Have you firmed ManMet then? When do you find out? Getting so excited now. Just can't wait for everything to be confirmed!!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to be studying Philosophy in September?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone hoping to study Philosophy in September?

ReputationRep:
    I am (hopefully!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm going (hopefully!) to study Law! So excited

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone currently study this (http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...ourse_id=10001) at MMU? It's my Insurance choice and it's looking like I will be going here because there's no way I've got AAB for my firm. What's the course like? Is it difficult? Is it worth paying 9 grand a year for? Do you enjoy it?

I would appreciate generally just all your thoughts/experiences on it really

ReputationRep:
    I received unconditional offer for foundation year in engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going hopefully. That's if I get what I need.

ReputationRep:
    hey going to study fashion design and technology in september any one else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicky5885)
    Heya! I'm hopefully going to be at Daisy Bank but studying Physiotherapy!

Have you firmed ManMet then? When do you find out? Getting so excited now. Just can't wait for everything to be confirmed!!
    hey im of to Manchester Met in september and chose daisy bank hall to

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm hopefully going to be studying English on the Cheshire campus, and I've yet to find anybody on my course - probably because it's the Cheshire campus after all... but surely there's going to be somebody else?!
    Anyway - I'm kind of nervous, I was offered a place on the course with 280 UCAS points, and I was pretty confident that I could get that - but after my last exam I fear that I may have messed up and will come out with 260 at best and 240 worst. So feeling god awful about this, I checked on the course page on the website and it says this:

Minimum of 240 UCAS tariff points at A2 or equivalent (such as MMM on BTEC Extended Diploma)
    So would I still be able to get in with 260 UCAS points, even though my initial offer was 280, do you think? I'm so confused! I'm already looking at other universities with lower grade requirements that might accept me :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthtorachel)
    Okay, so I'm hopefully going to be studying English on the Cheshire campus, and I've yet to find anybody on my course - probably because it's the Cheshire campus after all... but surely there's going to be somebody else?!
    Anyway - I'm kind of nervous, I was offered a place on the course with 280 UCAS points, and I was pretty confident that I could get that - but after my last exam I fear that I may have messed up and will come out with 260 at best and 240 worst. So feeling god awful about this, I checked on the course page on the website and it says this:

So would I still be able to get in with 260 UCAS points, even though my initial offer was 280, do you think? I'm so confused! I'm already looking at other universities with lower grade requirements that might accept me :ashamed2:

Have not got a clue if I'm honest, however, if it says 240 for minimum entry then you should be fine. If you worry that much just contact MMU. Don't worry too much though, and you've probably done better than expected anyway!

In terms of finding people on your course, trust me, there will be more than you, and you are all in the same situation! I was very lucky when I started my course last year because I moved into halls and one of my flatmates was on my course! If you're worried though, there will be a thread on here maybe and more than likely, a group on Facebook.

Overall, and as I've learnt during my uni life, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beatlemania)
    Have not got a clue if I'm honest, however, if it says 240 for minimum entry then you should be fine. If you worry that much just contact MMU. Don't worry too much though, and you've probably done better than expected anyway!

In terms of finding people on your course, trust me, there will be more than you, and you are all in the same situation! I was very lucky when I started my course last year because I moved into halls and one of my flatmates was on my course! If you're worried though, there will be a thread on here maybe and more than likely, a group on Facebook.

Overall, and as I've learnt during my uni life, don't worry.
    I think I might email them, it's making me so nervous haha! I hope I've got in, I actually fell in love with the campus and the course on the open day I think if I ended up somewhere else I'd be really disappointed.

I mean, on the open day we had like, a taster lecture for our subjects - but English was put with the Media and Philosophy tasters so it was kind of hard to work out who was doing what, if you know what I mean?! I don't know, I'm probably getting way too stressed over this! There's not really much I can do now anyway is there? hahah!

Thank you so much for replying, I've been able to see this rationally now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthtorachel)
    I think I might email them, it's making me so nervous haha! I hope I've got in, I actually fell in love with the campus and the course on the open day I think if I ended up somewhere else I'd be really disappointed.

I mean, on the open day we had like, a taster lecture for our subjects - but English was put with the Media and Philosophy tasters so it was kind of hard to work out who was doing what, if you know what I mean?! I don't know, I'm probably getting way too stressed over this! There's not really much I can do now anyway is there? hahah!

Thank you so much for replying, I've been able to see this rationally now!
    Its ok.

I know what you mean getting put together. It might be like that when you start your course. For example, I study web development but during my first year which I've just finished, I had lectures with people from two other courses, as well as my own. I think it's just so you get to settle in etc.

I don't think without asking the question, there is any way of finding out, no. But if you email them like you said, you should get a quick and efficient response.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be there in Sep! From what I've heard physio normally has a pretty high percentage of mature students. I'm only 25, so I hopefully won't look too out of place haha. How old are you out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer to study Creative Writing at UEL but I've also got an offer at MMU and I'm still trying to decide on which university to go to. Does anyone know if Manchester Metropolitan University would be a better choice? thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 12, 2014
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.