TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope Watch

Mazzini
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Alice_95)
Hello all! I have been away in Dorset camping but am home now.
:wavey:

Did you have a nice time? :hugs:

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
I was wondering why this wasn't coming up in my watched threads, then I realised you guys had a new thread while I'd been away!

Big hugs to all
Sorry, forgot to quote you in! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alice_95
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mazzini)
:wavey:

Did you have a nice time? :hugs:
I did indeed, I danced round a maypole, had fish and chips on the sea front, taught a French youth group the Cha Cha Slide, sang karaoke and many other things I've also decided when I'm older I shall buy a two-man tent, hike in mountains, go rock climbing and generally have fun exploring!
JPL9457
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
my mum wouldn't let me have wolfgang as my confirmation name :unimpressed:
IMakeSenseToNone
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was wondering why this wasn't coming up in my watched threads, then I realised you guys had a new thread while I'd been away!

Big hugs to all
Holla greeneyedgirl! Welcome to the beautiful new thread. Here, have a penguin on the house :penguinhug:
IMakeSenseToNone
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JPL9457)
B-b-b-but, Wolfgang is pretty much the coolest name in the whole world
Mazzini
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I did indeed, I danced round a maypole, had fish and chips on the sea front, taught a French youth group the Cha Cha Slide, sang karaoke and many other things I've also decided when I'm older I shall buy a two-man tent, hike in mountains, go rock climbing and generally have fun exploring!
Ooh nice sounds like you had a great time :yep:

:console: welcome btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
OurSeaBee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
TYRANNY!

There must be a St Wolfgang. There jolly well should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone. I hope it doesn't seem I only come on here when I have a difficulty, but...

I'm visiting my mum's hometown with her at the moment. She hasn't been to church since she separated with my Dad. We were walking through the town last Sunday and she saw the church and even tried to go in but it was locked. This is astounding since my Mum has had no interest in attending mass for years. However, I didn't exactly encourage her to take me there, which I feel I should have, and now I feel incredibly guilty. If only I had said that we should go (which she was considering) then she may have come back to the faith, which I believe would benefit her a lot.

Moreover, that's the second Sunday I've not attended so I feel like my faith is dwindling. I have a sort of empty feeling now.

Good wishes to you all. I hope you're all having a good summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe you could find out about St Wolfgang and try and convince her that this is someone who's example you want to try and follow?
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
Hi everyone. I hope it doesn't seem I only come on here when I have a difficulty, but...

I'm visiting my mum's hometown with her at the moment. She hasn't been to church since she separated with my Dad. We were walking through the town last Sunday and she saw the church and even tried to go in but it was locked. This is astounding since my Mum has had no interest in attending mass for years. However, I didn't exactly encourage her to take me there, which I feel I should have, and now I feel incredibly guilty. If only I had said that we should go (which she was considering) then she may have come back to the faith, which I believe would benefit her a lot.

Moreover, that's the second Sunday I've not attended so I feel like my faith is dwindling. I have a sort of empty feeling now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to church or not going to church doesn't make you any more or less of a Christian. Try and read your bible or something and keep praying to get back into church when you can. You could always say to your mum 'd'you fancy going to church next week?' just keep it casual

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, don't feel guilty about it - it's OK. Hang on in there! :hugs:
IMakeSenseToNone
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I cut myself on an aubergine... How does one do that? Just.. I don't even...

Hope everyone is having a better Sunday than that, seeing I only just got out of bed I think a relaxed day with Southclife tonight is in order :yep:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
:lolwut:

That takes SERIOUS skillz
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Hope everyone is having a better Sunday than that, seeing I only just got out of bed I think a relaxed day with Southclife tonight is in order :yep:
I cut myself on bread a lot when I worked in a bakery...sharp knives and breadcutting machine = totally safe, but ALWAYS fear the bread.
IMakeSenseToNone
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
:lolwut:

That takes SERIOUS skillz
I also managed to get chilli poweder up my nose so the moral of the story is, just give up and don't even try for thou shalt fail miserably :^_^:

I cut myself on bread a lot when I worked in a bakery...sharp knives and breadcutting machine = totally safe, but ALWAYS fear the bread.
Ooh that's impressive, they should you give employee of the month or something for that. I don't think i've ever cut myself with a knife or blender before despite the many close shaves when cutting swede. I've choked on a raisin before though if that counts for anything :lol: The fail is strong with us.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

How? I can't see how you can cut yourself on an aubergine.

It's a brilliant day, got some great news from the university SU today. Getting sent to a music festival by them. Woop.

I also managed to get chilli poweder up my nose so the moral of the story is, just give up and don't even try for thou shalt fail miserably :^_^:
IMakeSenseToNone
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
How? I can't see how you can cut yourself on an aubergine.
Due to where the blood is on the thing I must of cut it on the green stalk...thing. It's actually pretty rough.

It's a brilliant day, got some great news from the university SU today. Getting sent to a music festival by them. Woop.
Whoop whoop! (I shall enver type those words again) Any idea who you'll get to see there?

My mum used to quote that to me when thinking I would my essay on the hardest subject listed :rolleyes: She's supportive like that :mmm:
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Due to where the blood is on the thing I must of cut it on the green stalk...thing. It's actually pretty rough.

Whoop whoop! (I shall enver type those words again) Any idea who you'll get to see there?

My mum used to quote that to me when thinking I would my essay on the hardest subject listed :rolleyes: She's supportive like that :mmm:
Well it's V-Festival the press pass is for, so Kings of Leon, Stereophonics, Jamie Cullum, Everything Everything...
Alice_95
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Well it's V-Festival the press pass is for, so Kings of Leon, Stereophonics, Jamie Cullum, Everything Everything...
Jamie Cullum :O So jelly.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Jamie Cullum :O So jelly.
He's on the list of people available for me to interview...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (52)
26.94%
No (141)
73.06%

Watched Threads