Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delciate)
    I didn't take GCSE's.. I'm in an American curriculum. I'm an international student, living in the UK for some 4.5 years now :P
    I applied with SAT's (I and II <-- bio, chem, math level 2), IB predicted scores, and my transcript (though I don't think they actually look at this..). oh and UKCAT
    Ooo I see! I reckon they'll operate a different cut - off system for international students just because applicants come from different parts of the world, armed with different qualifications. Maybe they'll just consider your application as a whole which would seem the most fair way to do things. But re: IB, 40 is definitely very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skotch)
    Do you have any evidence at all for this or are you just plucking statements out of thin air?
    My cousin got in last year who talked to the admissions officer and can tell you the same. Thought i wouldn't have to write all that, but you want evidence And besides, it makes sense that they would interview the higher scoring candidates first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delciate)
    Well congratu-effing-lations to you.
    The average global score is about 30.
    Get yourself and your overinflated ego in check.

Oh and please do PM if you actually achieve a 45 in IB.
    I'll throw you a smashing party, complete with gold stars and everything.
    Guys sorry if I sounded a bit arrogant. I did not say it's a bad score. It is actually a very good one. However, neither getting 2A*and 9As at GCses is a bad score. I want to say that a 40 in the Ib for a medical applicant will not differentiate him from most of the other applicants in such a comptitive course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ąямєиίєζ)
    WOOP! WOOP! I am
    hello, what are your stats like?

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by kcapsoccer

Hi

I could not find a thread for that so i created one. Is anybody applying to kings for medicine this year?? :cool:
    Me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have not received a confirmation email from Kings yet.

Does Kings send out any confirmation emails?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad-Scientist)
    I have not received a confirmation email from Kings yet.

Does Kings send out any confirmation emails?
    I didn't get one so I called them up and they gave me details for the portal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    I didn't get one so I called them up and they gave me details for the portal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok thanks so I shall call them up tomorrow

whats the contact number you called? (sorry if you think I am being lazy lol)

and ... has their been any updates on the portal for you?

ReputationRep:

Okay, I know this is really technologically retarded but...
    https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/

If you want your login, you can go on there, type in your email and then, click “forgotten your password".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    Okay, I know this is really technologically retarded but...
    https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/

If you want your login, you can go on there, type in your email and then, click “forgotten your password".
    You are a genius !

This has actually just worked for me lol

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcapsoccer)
    hello
    Hi there! Didin't do so well in UKCAT sadly, so im hoping my BMAT will be better . What about you?

ReputationRep:

I scrolled down.. glad that you've got it sorted
    Nope, I've heard nothing! (Not just from King's, I haven't heard anything from anyone) have you heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the whole king's tracking system - will that like show us the current status before the ucas tracking system or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nindeappan)
    the whole king's tracking system - will that like show us the current status before the ucas tracking system or something?
    I think I remember last year the email from King's coming first, followed by a track update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nindeappan)
    The portal does update before Track does. For me (non-medicine) it was only a matter of hours - I got the email telling me the portal had updated, then the same night Track updated. But even an hour's early warning is nice when it comes to stalking Track :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    just wondering did anyone of you do the K+ Program "healthcare" stream whilst in Year 12/13 ??

Could you shed some light as to what it is we're supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    hi, what are your stats like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ąямєиίєζ)
    Hi there! Didin't do so well in UKCAT sadly, so im hoping my BMAT will be better . What about you?
    i have a good ukcat but i think that BMAT went kind of bad.. Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcapsoccer)
    hi, what are your stats like?
    A Levels
    Bio- A
    Chem- A
    Maths- A
    Spanish- B

9 A*s at GCSE

UKCAT- 790 average

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmagic)
    A Levels
    Bio- A
    Chem- A
    Maths- A
    Spanish- B

9 A*s at GCSE

UKCAT- 790 average

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow your UKCAT is amazing! Congrats! i have A* A* A* A as A2 predictions and 750 UKCAT.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.