Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    I just didn't get a good vibe from the open day. Leaning towards HYMS now!
    Oh right okay, I didn't go there for the open day but I've been to that area when I went for a lecture at Centre of the Cell and I loved it! I haven't visited HYMS but I've applied there though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, officially a Barts and the London SMD applicant. The longest waiting game of my life now...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSE 7A*'s, 2A's, 2B's.
    AS:4A's and a B. Sciences and arabic, B in maths.
    UKCAT:647.5/648.
    Predictions:5*A's.
    EPQ predicted at an A*, almost done with it.

So I guess my tariff is 760? as (140 * 5) + 70 for the EPQ = 770?

Is that "competitive" as to say? I know I posted here before but I just wanna get a few words on it. I feel a bit let down with the B in maths at AS and my UKCAT score though.

EDIT: I really don't get why people are negging this. It's just a question. Sheesh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    Wow, officially a Barts and the London SMD applicant. The longest waiting game of my life now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know! I can't believe it!! Just sent off my form yesterday. The waiting is going to be so much fun....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    I know! I can't believe it!! Just sent off my form yesterday. The waiting is going to be so much fun....
    Exciting times

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i have a ucas tariff of 560 and 2690 UKCAT, is it worth applying to barts?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm applying to Barts. GCSEs 7A/A*, IB 35 points (666 HL incl. Chem & Bio), predicted 2:1 for Biomed at KCL and UKCAT average 717.5. Would love some opinions on my chances, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    to anyone who got in to Barts, how was the medical interview?

this is definitely my first choice, but the interview is worrying me. would appreciate any responses!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm a bit worried because I'm only doing 3A2s. The rest of my stats are pretty good (UKCAT, GCSEs etc) but do you think that only doing 3A2s will be a big disadvantage?

ReputationRep:
    I been on a journey with Barts before, they ended it in December last year Lets try another journey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camilla 2501)
    Hi everyone! I'm applying to Barts. GCSEs 7A/A*, IB 35 points (666 HL incl. Chem & Bio), predicted 2:1 for Biomed at KCL and UKCAT average 717.5. Would love some opinions on my chances, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very good since your're a graduate, if you decided to apply for GEM I can't really comment but I think you needed 705 avg last year. If you are applying to normal 5 year then very good chance since they will only look at your UKCAT score

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am an int. applicant. Need help in calculating UCAS tariff for IB - achieved 36 (all 6s) and predicted 42 (all 7s). UKCAT 715

Worth applying to Barts?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I have A Levels achieved A*AAA (500 UCAS tariff points) and 740 UKCAT - do you think it's worth applying to Bart's? got rejected pre-interview last year so being a bit wary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    Hi guys

I have A Levels achieved A*AAA (500 UCAS tariff points) and 740 UKCAT - do you think it's worth applying to Bart's? got rejected pre-interview last year so being a bit wary!
    What did you have last year (predicted tariff and UKCAT)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    What did you have last year (predicted tariff and UKCAT)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My predicted tariff was 480 and my UKCAT was 662.5

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I have finished my A-levels and got A*A*A*A. I did extended project and got a B. So overall I think I've got 590 UCAS Tariff Points.
    In the UKCAT I got 702.5 and Band 3 in SJT
    I just wanted to know if this application has any chance in getting an interview in Barts.
    I'm worried because last year I got rejected pre-interview. I was predicted A*A*A*A, but I had 615 in the UKCAT
    Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    How competitive is it at Barts post interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys what do you think will be the cut off score for the ukcat this year? I had 635, do you think I stand any chance of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    So im guessing cut off will be higher this year?

QUOTE=Future Doc;44142713]Course is not traditional, PBL plays a relatively big role. Fun Med alone has a PBL every week.

East London is the poorest part of London and Tower Hamlets is the poorest borough. If you're coming from a middle class family, it will be a slight shock but it's not awful. It's a great part of London to live in and you can find some really nice places to live (you can also find some awful ones). You need to be sensible when out at night, but you won't get stabbed walking down the street in the day or anything.

Queen Mary is a good university. It's relatively unknown for a London university but it is good. It's part of the Russel Group. A lot of it's courses are in the top 10 in the country, with a few number 1. People like to hate on it because it appears to be the Coldplay of London universities.

Barts Med School has two campuses but you also use Mile End in first year for dissection.

Source: Studied at QM for three years, now attending Barts.

Barts cut off a few years ago (2011) for undergrad was 642.5. Last year (2012) for grad was 687.5.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Guys I’m confused with how to work out tariff points and things.

Basically at AS I got AABB
    A2 Predictions AAA
    UKCAT total 2640 and avrg 660

I’m not too sure whether I will be eligible for an interview at Barts as I can’t work out the tariff system. Any help? Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.