Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The cutoff increased by 2 points from 2012 to 2013, is it possible that it will increase to 59 this year? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentAT)
    The cutoff increased by 2 points from 2012 to 2013, is it possible that it will increase to 59 this year? Thank you
    It's possible but really really unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm hoping to apply for Leicester GEP! I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview cut-off score will likely to be? I have a score of 20 out of 25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimjam123)
    Hi everyone, I'm hoping to apply for Leicester GEP! I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview cut-off score will likely to be? I have a score of 20 out of 25.
    Sounds like a good score, know actually seems to know...but you can try emailing admission for FOI request, they might tell you.

Last year there was people with 19/30 for interview

ReputationRep:
    58/60 risky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_maths)
    58/60 risky?
    I really think you'll be fine buddy
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_maths)
    58/60 risky?
    Look through this thread

(Original post by Will-2609)
    Hey guys, sat my UKCAT this morning and as a result of it I'm now reconsidering my choices (originally Newcastle, Nottingham, UEA, Sheffield). I got 9A* and 3A at GCSE, ABBB at AS, and have predicted A2 grades of A*AAA. I got 832.5 and SJT band 2 on my UKCAT. What are my chances like for Leicester?
    Which subjects got which grades at GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    I'm officially a Leicester applicant excited much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1rby)
    Which subjects got which grades at GCSE?
    A*: Maths, further maths, biology, chemistry, physics, english lit, english language, law, RE short course
    A: Geography, PE, media studies
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    A*: Maths, further maths, biology, chemistry, physics, english lit, english language, law, RE short course
    A: Geography, PE, media studies
    You've got 60/60 then, congrats!

(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    I'm officially a Leicester applicant excited much!!
    YAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1rby)
    You've got 60/60 then, congrats!
    Thank you! But, would I not drop 2 points for AS levels, having only got one A? This is based on a quick read through of the admissions policy, so I could easily be wrong.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! But, would I not drop 2 points for AS levels, having only got one A? This is based on a quick read through of the admissions policy, so I could easily be wrong.
    You don't lose points for lack of As. You gain them to the academic points if you have them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1rby)
    You don't lose points for lack of As. You gain them to the academic points if you have them
    Oh right! Great, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1rby)
    YAY
    Really happy I did it as well I changed one of my options last minute as well :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am a gap year student and I have 57/60. Risky ! but really love Leicester, so will be applying here for 2014 entry....Thought of joining the club..

ReputationRep:
    I really need some help guys. I'm looking to apply to medicine this year again. I just don't want to risk applying to the wrong universities again.

IGCSE- 5A* 1A (no i'm not an international student)
    ukcat -657.5
    A2- A*AAA

Do i stand a chance, realistically?
    And if not what other medical schools would you suggest.

ReputationRep:
    Officially a Leicester med applicant as well ! woop woop!

hope 57 gets me an interview.

ReputationRep:
    am i right in thinking i would score 58/60

GCSEs-
    7A*, including Maths, science x2
    5A's, including English language

Alevels a2- A*AAB (Law, chemistry,maths,biology)

UKCAT- 707.5 (2830) BAND 1

SHOULD I APPLY?

ReputationRep:
    Hi can some one tell me how to work out the score out of 60 because I can only see how to work it out of 25 (I get 24) from that link above from A101?

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRichards0891)
    Hi can some one tell me how to work out the score out of 60 because I can only see how to work it out of 25 (I get 24) from that link above from A101?

Thanks!
    Are you grad or undergrad?
    The two application guides can be found here http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msc...issionsupdates

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.