Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    If there are any edexcel biologists and mathematicians, and any AQA chemists and psychologists (spec A), do del feel free to ask any questions you have about the course or anything. I am going into A2 and willing to give you guys a few heads up
    AQA Chem :woo:

actually whilst you're here again what are the ISA's like ?? I don't understand Unit 3t and Unit 3x ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Does anyone else start on the 4th? I seem to be the only one starting early(ish)
    My first day is on the 30th! Its a Friday I know but still early start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Ooooooo, we've moved onto an A-level forum :excited:
    Yepp what are your subjects and boards and i'll edit you into the OP

ReputationRep:
    If there are any edexcel biologists and mathematicians, and any AQA chemists and psychologists (spec A), do del feel free to ask any questions you have about the course or anything. I am going into A2 and willing to give you guys a few heads up
    I am an edexecel mathematician and an AQA chemist fire away with any tips you have for me?! I was wondering if there's anything I can so to prepare in the last few weeks of summer??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Hi should I tell you what subjects and boards on here??

Chemistry AQA
    Biology AQA
    Maths Edexcel
    German AQA

Edit: and critical thinking..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gretel_)
    Ah see my school doesn't offer Spanish! I've always been interested in Psychology so I'd probably move if we didn't have it! I admire you for doing a language though. I did GCSE German and hated every second of it!
    Mum's doing a Psychology course at uni at the moment and that is so interesting, I might look at it for uni...
    I did French and Spanish and wish I could carry them both on I'll swap it with Biology if Biology is insufferable! I've heard German is quite difficult...

ReputationRep:
    AQA Chemist here! I'm going to need all the help I can get :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Maths - Edexcell
    IT - WJEC
    Chemistry - OCR
    Physics - OCR B
    Sorry I was in London this weekend so I didn't know we started a new thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Does anyone else start on the 4th? I seem to be the only one starting early(ish)
    I start on the 4th, but have a half-day induction on the 3rd :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrybithell196)
    You're better off asking in the Uni forum. People will be able to help you more there, none of us here have even started college yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol will do now

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure if you explain to them your situation they will be able to help you out. By the sounds of that statement they like to cater their courses around their students wishes/strengths and if A-levels are what you want to do I'm sure they'll support you with that
    (Original post by SS19ovoxo)
    I'm so sorry, I can't help lol
    Thanks for the replies
    Well, yeah, I guess there is nothing I could do now. It's just that my Maths grades last year were quite low and my college requires a C in GCSE Maths for every subject.
    I've been in the UK since July. Being glued to the bed and having no contact with the outside world for 2 months leave me imagining all the worst case scenarios

And of course I share the same view with a lot of people here. I am really glad that I will never have to see trigonometric stuff and the likes of it again... ever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    Mum's doing a Psychology course at uni at the moment and that is so interesting, I might look at it for uni...
    I did French and Spanish and wish I could carry them both on I'll swap it with Biology if Biology is insufferable! I've heard German is quite difficult...
    It wasn't that it was difficult it was just really irritating because there are so many words that sound like English words but aren't the same as the words that they looked like. That and the language teachers were definitely not the most interesting people in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracey11)
    Hi should I tell you what subjects and boards on here??

Chemistry AQA
    Biology AQA
    Maths Edexcel
    German AQA

Edit: and critical thinking..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Done and I like your name are you called Grace?

and Critical thinking doesn't count :lol:

Maths - Edexcell
    IT - WJEC
    Chemistry - OCR
    Physics - OCR B
    Sorry I was in London this weekend so I didn't know we started a new thread
    Done and we only started it today at 11:45

ReputationRep:
    Nearly 400 posts in 9 hours, reminds me of when I first joined the Y11 thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntoTheWater)
    Thanks for the replies
    Well, yeah, I guess there is nothing I could do now. It's just that my Maths grades last year were quite low and my college requires a C in GCSE Maths for every subject.
    I've been in the UK since July. Being glued to the bed and having no contact with the outside world for 2 months leave me imagining all the worst case scenarios

And of course I share the same view with a lot of people here. I am really glad that I will never have to see trigonometric stuff and the likes of it again... ever...
    Won't your collage allow you to retake it alongside your course if the worst was to happen ? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Nearly 400 posts in 9 hours, reminds me of when I first joined the Y11 thread
    We're chatty!

Sorry, I had to use that! But it doesn't beat the new year eleven thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntoTheWater)
    Thanks for the replies

I missed the whole year 10 from illness and I still managed to do okay in the basics so I'm sure you'll be fine. I think you only need about 50% on higher papers to get a C in maths so I wouldn't worry too much. Besides colleges in particular seem to be quite sympathetic. Mine lets you resit GCSE exams whilst doing AS.

ReputationRep:
    PLease Quote or PM me your subjects because if i'm not on I might miss them
    Mathematics - WJEC
    Physics - AQA
    Chemistry - AQA
    Drama & Theatre Studies - AQA
    Welsh Bacc - WJEC

Aaaah, here we go again!! My nails had actually started to get quite long after exams ended and summer started, but as we approach Thursday they seem to be getting smaller and smaller...

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't that it was difficult it was just really irritating because there are so many words that sound like English words but aren't the same as the words that they looked like. That and the language teachers were definitely not the most interesting people in the world.
    There's lots of things like that in Spanish, it's so frustrating.

Ah fair enough, our language teachers are really eccentric so that helps my least favourite subject was History, I just found it really hard to get into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    We're chatty!

Sorry, I had to use that! But it doesn't beat the new year eleven thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :unimpressed: thought you'd invade another one of our threads did you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.