Turn on thread page Beta

How to be attractive (all of TSR should read this) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Maybe I am, but if you're correct where do the majority of men find their partners? You have to approach someone first somewhere along the line...
    I specifically referred to students...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    I specifically referred to students...
    Well then you can't use that to counter my argument since I wasn't referring to just students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    It reeks of "I can't be bothered to make an effort". Some things that are attractive you can't get naturally. Eyeliner looks amazing and is impossible to get without makeup
    Not to me. If she looks good anyway, why should she make the effort? It looks confident, and cool. My best girl mate takes 45 minutes to get ready for the pub, it's so annoying, she's clearly well above average anyway. I want a girl who is going to have fun preing with me, not lock herself in her room for two hours.

But there is also natural beauty you can't replicate. I honestly think my girlfriend looks great without make up, she has very smooth, clear skin and pretty dark eyes, so she needs it less than most. A little mascara and lipstick is probably a slight improvement. Full make up I think looks worse, maybe that's partly emotional. She looks better in photos but not in life.

You clearly haven't seen Lost (see Richard Alpert, no, he's not wearing guyliner).

Guys just don't feel the same way about make up. Have you ever met a straight man who shares your enthusiasm for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I look better when my face is moisturised if that counts for anything lol
    Everyone looks better when their face is properly mosturised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Not to me. If she looks good anyway, why should she make the effort? It looks confident, and cool. My best girl mate takes 45 minutes to get ready for the pub, it's so annoying, she's clearly well above average anyway. I want a girl who is going to have fun preing with me, not lock herself in her room for two hours.

But there is also natural beauty you can't replicate. I honestly think my girlfriend looks great without make up, she has very smooth, clear skin and pretty dark eyes, so she needs it less than most. A little mascara and lipstick is probably a slight improvement. Full make up I think looks worse, maybe that's partly emotional. She looks better in photos but not in life.

You clearly haven't seen Lost (see Richard Alpert, no, he's not wearing guyliner).

Guys just don't feel the same way about make up. Have you ever met a straight man who shares your enthusiasm for it?
    Not all guys agree. Not my "enthusiasm" in that I'm a novice Makeup Artist, but my boyfriend shares my opinion everyone looks better with it on.

ReputationRep:
    This what i don't understand. Why do men behave like we're in a competition?

ReputationRep:
    Not all guys agree. Not my "enthusiasm" in that I'm a novice Makeup Artist, but my boyfriend shares my opinion everyone looks better with it on.
    so your boyfriend is a true representation of all men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    so your boyfriend is a true representation of all men?
    As much as the "I don't like makeup guys don't care about it" men are.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying all guys agree, but you're saying make up is always an improvement like it's factually true. The truth is guys overall complain more about girls wearing too much make up than wearing too little.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying all guys agree, but you're saying make up is always an improvement like it's factually true. The truth is guys overall complain more about girls wearing too much make up than wearing too little.

And that, my friend, is very true. Have you ever heard a guy say, "she is wearing too little make up! I demand she wears more! "

ReputationRep:
    Again they complain they're wearing it badly. A girl could wear the same amount as someone who looks like they're wearing it too much and not look like she is. It's about application. If makeup is done right it is better

The problem is most people don't know what they're doing.

ReputationRep:
    Again they complain they're wearing it badly. A girl could wear the same amount as someone who looks like they're wearing it too much and not look like she is. It's about application. If makeup is done right it is better

The problem is most people don't know what they're doing.
    Not always. Even when you see celebrities with highly professional make up- they look pretty in the sense of a painting or a doll, but as a human being to kiss? I'd definitely rather it was more understated. A lot of girls don't even go for a natural look, random example I saw Emma Watson wearing mega dark red lipstick.

ReputationRep:
    Not always. Even when you see celebrities with highly professional make up- they look pretty in the sense of a painting or a doll, but as a human being to kiss? I'd definitely rather it was more understated. A lot of girls don't even go for a natural look, random example I saw Emma Watson wearing mega dark red lipstick.
    Some don't. I personally don't, it's not to my taste.

Look at this

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/17...ke-up-make-up/

She's wearing a lot of makeup but doesn't look like it. Skip to the end to see

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think your right......buuuuut.....looks are usually a contributing factor to people finding you attractive. It is just a normal thing. But looking after yourself and having an awesome personality are important too

ReputationRep:
    Because we basically are

we are all competing for the fittest girls and the ones who don't get em are left with you know

the left overs

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me want to exfoliate :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Because we have testosterone

ReputationRep:
    You probably need to read the books to fully understand, but it's basically about how a very attractive girl will receive constant attention from guys, so her ego will be very high, and you're just yet another guy approaching her, so you're in a pretty weak position. You need to change this by not fawning over her like everyone else, by taking control of the situation. She'll feel embarrassed and awkward and, most importantly, will want to prove herself to you, to show she's not lame like that.
    I understand the thinking behind it, but it still seems like a bizarre thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    I understand the thinking behind it, but it still seems like a bizarre thing to do.
    I wouldn't do it unless you are confident with this sort of thing. Plus, I'd say it kinda crosses the line of manipulation. It's a little sociopathic.

Yeah I call myself attractive but it's hard

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.