13.41%
    I managed to finish the paper but didn't check
    26.83%
    I missed off a few of the questions
    37.80%
    I missed >half of the questions
    3.66%

ReputationRep:
    Hey why is everyone complaining so much ?? that exam wasnt too hard .. could have done it in my sleep but werent that tired you see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    How many people didn't finish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't finish... maybe if I had 15 minutes more I would have finished and got more marks than I will get now
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostman105)
    They should have to personally mark every individual paper with their tongues.
    :K::adore::bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't finish either I've never not answered a question in an exam before cos I usually just have an educated guess if I don't know an answer but some of those questions I couldn't even guess!
    Im hoping an a is like 50% cos I really don't want to retake and do that exam again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostman105)
    How's this?

Dear OCR

Thank you very much for what can only be described as the worst physics paper imaginable. Not only was the Paper completely irrelevant from the course, looking through the student room forums i can see that many others agree that you thoroughly deviated from the 'Physics' Element and left us with stupid questions on QR scanners. (Please Reference the page in YOUR text book that mentions QR scanners).

As for whoever created this bundle of paper that shouldn't even be graced with the name 'Test'. They should have to personally mark every individual paper with their tongues.
    I hope you receive many more angry Emails and waste a year of your life learning the complete opposite of what you need, for the rest of your life.

Sincerely

An Angry Student.

haha nice xD

I sent an email and got this reply:

This is now receiving our attention and we will respond to you shortly.

Kind regards
    OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations)

yeeeeeah that was like 2 hours ago xD

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my school, maybe half of people didn't finish, a quarter at the least.

ReputationRep:
    If OCR replies can you post it please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If OCR replies can you post it please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You guys'll be the first to know

ReputationRep:
    I could really slap an OCR person who wrote the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moodydes)
    chav? you high maaaaaaaate? I was predicted A's for my mocks, seperating idiots who take physics for a joke? Dude I develop games and game for my life and for the past year I have given that up just to focus on my A levels. Also I do Computer Science as an AS and I haven't done QR code or anything of that sense so I don't see how a physics student should know about it -.-.
    Dunno why anyone taking computing would find that hard? I thought that was the easiest part of section B, easier than the circuit question. It's just an application of physics - take it as a picture with single bit pixels. Better than the bar code as more alternatives.

That being said the exam was significantly harder than the 2010 paper with the 34/60 A grade.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    I hope so too!! Everything apart from C1 has been awful so far. In music they asked for the exact month of which a certain recording was made, and its record label!

is there a thread for this music exam, cos i can't find one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    Dunno why anyone taking computing would find that hard? I thought that was the easiest part of section B, easier than the circuit question. It's just an application of physics - take it as a picture with single bit pixels. Better than the bar code as more alternatives.

That being said the exam was significantly harder than the 2010 paper with the 34/60 A grade.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't do computing however I do both sciences and maths. I had done every single past papers from 2003 to 2013. Honestly I have never felt cheated before in my life, the last two questions in my opinion were no way in hell related to physics in any sense. I could honestly cry right now. Bye Bye dental school

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Noone in my school finished the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LimbuRonit)
    I don't do computing however I do both sciences and maths. I had done every single past papers from 2003 to 2013. Honestly I have never felt cheated before in my life, the last two questions in my opinion were no way in hell related to physics in any sense. I could honestly cry right now. Bye Bye dental school
    I'm hoping that I can get enough UMS in my unit 2 exam that I can get an A. Trying for an A*AA uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LimbuRonit)
    Yes they were,

Second to last question was easy bits, bytes sort of thing, I thought it was fairly easy tbh... being an Android application developer helps with QR codes though but still, several people in my class who are not developers or even particularly interested in technology got the correct answers for those as well... its just applications of physics as someone already mentioned.

Part 1 of the last question was your standard lenses stuff, the last one was resolution, simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesbian)
    I'm sure resistance for the ldr was 1380 ohms
    Thats what I got! 6.0V-3.8V (from the graph) to leave 2.2v across the fixed resistor and then divide that by the 800ohms to give 0.00275A and then divided that by the 2.2V to give 1381.something = 1400ohms rounded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyXDA)
    Yes they were,

Second to last question was easy bits, bytes sort of thing, I thought it was fairly easy tbh... being an Android application developer helps with QR codes though but still, several people in my class who are not developers or even particularly interested in technology got the correct answers for those as well... its just applications of physics as someone already mentioned.

Part 1 of the last question was your standard lenses stuff, the last one was resolution, simple.
    What raw mark are you expecting then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    I did all the past papers for our spec, made about 50 pages of notes for them and then sat that test and realised all I needed was the formula booklet, a decent general knowledge and lightning fast handwriting skills.
    Add a slice of common sense to that list and I reckon its about right

ReputationRep:
    Which answer is correct? 1380 ohms or 463!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minecraft27)
    Which answer is correct? 1380 ohms or 463!?
    463. The graph was for the fixed resistor output, which was 3.8

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.