Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    I'm an italian student so it's pretty hard even for me! The problem is that everyone who is applying is as good as you (or better!)
    I'm going for Ucl,Kings and Warwick
    For the last one I have to choose between Lse and Durham
    And you?
    What subject? And I agree it's harder for an international student to get in, but the difference isn't massive, IMHO
    I'm also applying to Imperial, Warwick, Bristol and Manchester I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bearbert)
    What subject? And I agree it's harder for an international student to get in, but the difference isn't massive, IMHO
    I'm also applying to Imperial, Warwick, Bristol and Manchester I think.
    PPE, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    PPE, you?
    Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics
    You need the MAT, don't you?
    Good luck! I'm really anxious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    You need the MAT, don't you?
    Good luck! I'm really anxious
    Thank you, but I'm not really worried about it. The interview is what I'm terrified about.

Good luck to you to for the TSA! That looks a lot more difficult than the MAT.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow is the penultimate day of the Yorkshire schools tour.
    A picture tells a thousand words (or so they say) - judge for yourself @

https://twitter.com/bncjcr

If Joe, Sidd & Hugh's visits left you with any follow-up questions, let us know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    I'm an italian student so it's pretty hard even for me! The problem is that everyone who is applying is as good as you (or better!)
    I'm going for Ucl,Kings and Warwick
    For the last one I have to choose between Lse and Durham
    And you?
    I'm Swedish, so I get what you mean The required grades are crazy once you think about it! Don't know if I my grades are going to be good enough... To me, Oxford and LSE are a given. However, I have not decided on which other ones to apply to.

(Original post by PatBunker)
    Thanks very much - I'm actually going to a politics and economics taster day at LMH tomorrow so should have a chance to look around Oxford.. Is anyone else going?
    Oooh, how was it?? I really wanted to go, but unfortunately I couldn't

(Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    Yes, this means that you'd have to study the minimum amount of courses that will allow you to graduate with 2500 points. As PPE doesn't have particular subject requirements, then you don't need to worry too much about which courses you achieve As and Bs in. Maths would be useful (particularly for the Economics element of the course), but is not an official requirement for the course.
    I will probably end up with about 2700 points, as I am taking extra courses. I find it very hard to know if I will have a competitive application, because I don't know which subjects that are more important than other. I somewhere found that an average grade of 19.5 (20 being the maximum) , would be considered equivalent of A*AA or AAA. Do you know if that is somewhat accurate? I have myself concluded that I will most likely end up with about 19 A's, 3 B's, and 2 C's, not counting the grades from extra courses, or the Diploma Project (which is a pass or fail course). The grade scale goes from A-F, E being the lowest passing grade. My 2 C's are in Physical Education and Swedish 1. Do I even stand a chance of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, but I'm not really worried about it. The interview is what I'm terrified about.

Good luck to you to for the TSA! That looks a lot more difficult than the MAT.
    Yes, you're right! I'm sad because I know that if I do not take a high mark I won't have any interviews and It would really suck

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Oakflame;54555729]I'm Swedish, so I get what you mean The required grades are crazy once you think about it! Don't know if I my grades are going to be good enough... To me, Oxford and LSE are a given. However, I have not decided on which other ones to apply to.

I'm not worried about grades but more for TSA and interviews!
    I know that LSE is great but I'm already going to apply for Oxford and I don't want to finish with 0 offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    I'm not worried about grades but more for TSA and interviews!
    I know that LSE is great but I'm already going to apply for Oxford and I don't want to finish with 0 offers!
    I haven't gotten as far as worrying about TSA and interviews :P Still contemplating whether I have a chance of being considered for an interview, and if there is a point in applying based on that. There is no doubt I want to go, but I have to consider if it's realistic and if it is possible financially.

ReputationRep:
    IGCSEs: 10 A*s
    AS LEVELS: Predicted 4 As in Chinese, French, English Literature and History
    Course: Oriental Studies (chinese)
    College: Queen's or Pembroke

Still can't decide on chinese at oxford or cambridge, at the moment leaning towards oxford really, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oakflame)
    I haven't gotten as far as worrying about TSA and interviews :P Still contemplating whether I have a chance of being considered for an interview, and if there is a point in applying based on that. There is no doubt I want to go, but I have to consider if it's realistic and if it is possible financially.

I thought everybody takes the TSA and the university doesn't choose before that, no? And if you did really well there, it's likely you will be considered I think.

ReputationRep:
    I thought everybody takes the TSA and the university doesn't choose before that, no? And if you did really well there, it's likely you will be considered I think.
    I'm not entirely sure how it is, if everyone does the TSA or only those chosen for interviews. Hopefully I will have the chance to prove myself through the TSA as well, and not only my grades

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure how it is, if everyone does the TSA or only those chosen for interviews. Hopefully I will have the chance to prove myself through the TSA as well, and not only my grades
    At least in maths they choose the people to interview with the MAT, so I guess it's the same.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody takes the TSA! If you pass it with minimum 61 you'll probably get an interview!

ReputationRep:
    At least in maths they choose the people to interview with the MAT, so I guess it's the same.
    Hopefully! I think doing the TSA really would improve my chance of getting an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    Everybody takes the TSA! If you pass it with minimum 61 you'll probably get an interview!
    Yeesss What is the maximum though?

ReputationRep:
    Yeesss What is the maximum though?
    100!

ReputationRep:

Oooh, how was it?? I really wanted to go, but unfortunately I couldn't

Was really good actually thanks, they gave really helpful advice about admissions and we got to meet some tutors and students

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who applies sits the TSA. Those invited to interview are picked based off TSA scores (and grades, personal statement etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.