The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Looking forward to visiting on the 18th Feb, really like the course so hopefully I like the uni itself!!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by milkberries
Haha just received a track update!
Woohooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay :smile: well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by morgan8002
Do many/any students get in without GCSE English?

Hi morgan8002,

As most course requirements will state, it is advisable that you have GCSE English to strengthen your application, but all parts of your application, such as personal statement and references, will be considered before any decision is made.

Feel free to quote me with any other questions!

Sam
I applied in early December but I am still waiting to hear back from Bath. Another poster in here has had her offer from Bath but is waiting for Bristol to get back to her whereas I have had an offer from Bristol but I am still waiting for Bath.
We both applied for BSc Maths.

Is anyone else still waiting (who applied in 2014 only) for Bath to get back to them for BSc Maths?
Original post by JamjamjamT
I applied in early December but I am still waiting to hear back from Bath. Another poster in here has had her offer from Bath but is waiting for Bristol to get back to her whereas I have had an offer from Bristol but I am still waiting for Bath.
We both applied for BSc Maths.

Is anyone else still waiting (who applied in 2014 only) for Bath to get back to them for BSc Maths?

Hi! Yeah, I am waiting too :smile: I applied on December 15 and I have received offer only from Manchester so far. Starting to get little bit worried...
Original post by AgrippaRed
Hi! Yeah, I am waiting too :smile: I applied on December 15 and I have received offer only from Manchester so far. Starting to get little bit worried...

Where else did you apply? Are all your choices for BSc Maths?
Where else did you apply? Are all your choices for BSc Maths?

Imperial college, UCL and Kings all for BSc Maths. But at Manchester I applied for Maths with Financial Maths. What about you?
Imperial college, UCL and Kings all for BSc Maths. But at Manchester I applied for Maths with Financial Maths. What about you?

Bath, LSE, UCL, Bristol & Cardiff. I have offers from the last but still waiting for the first two :confused::frown::confused:
I looked at a Bath Uni facebook page where some girl had asked about her friend's application. Someone official replied and said that offers could take up until 31st of March before being sent out and possibly right up to May.
If, like me, you are still waiting, pull up a chair and get comfy as its gonna be a long wait....
Hey, has anyone here going for social work? And is attending the interview on the 25th?x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370
Original post by sophie97
Hey! Anyone received an offer for Mechanical Engineering yet? Still waiting on mine and I'm getting nervous!

Yes I got a conditional offer on the 9th of January! I'm spanish so my conditions are 9/10 in Maths and Physics which I would say is A* A*. Also I have to achieve an overall 9 in the spanish last two years of school. :smile:

Anyone else applying to Mech Eng?
AAB offer for pharmacy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 372
So i've applied for psychology and have been waiting for a while now, and just now i received an invite to an open day, but nothing has changed on track

Anybody care to explain what this means ( i hope i'm not jumping the gun and this is just a mistake email :confused:?
Reply 373
Original post by VJ101
So i've applied for psychology and have been waiting for a while now, and just now i received an invite to an open day, but nothing has changed on track

Anybody care to explain what this means ( i hope i'm not jumping the gun and this is just a mistake email :confused:?

Is this an invitation to an offer holders day or j an open day? If its to an offer holders day that would probably mean you have an offer! :smile:
Reply 374
Original post by cerlohee
Is this an invitation to an offer holders day or j an open day? If its to an offer holders day that would probably mean you have an offer! :smile:

Turns out track was just a little slow on the uptake; i received and offer A*AA for their 4 year MSci! (and it's for an applicant open day btw)

I wasn't expecting it considering the applicant;place ratio this year, but at least after months of waiting they are replying, best of luck to everyone else! :smile:
Reply 375
Original post by VJ101
Turns out track was just a little slow on the uptake; i received and offer A*AA for their 4 year MSci! (and it's for an applicant open day btw)

I wasn't expecting it considering the applicant;place ratio this year, but at least after months of waiting they are replying, best of luck to everyone else! :smile:

Ahh congrats to you!!! Psychology is always super competitive at bath so you should be proud :biggrin:
Original post by Itsmonique
AAB offer for pharmacy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! Is it your first choice? :smile:

Any news mate?
I was at Bath today and was told that applications for the Maths degrees were up by 20% on last year and that around 2000 people applied for the 300 odd places spread across the 6 different Maths degrees.

What are you AS grades and predicted A2 grades?
Any news mate?
I was at Bath today and was told that applications for the Maths degrees were up by 20% on last year and that around 2000 people applied for the 300 odd places spread across the 6 different Maths degrees.

What are you AS grades and predicted A2 grades?

Heard nothing at all :frown:... Wow looks like lots of people are intrested in Maths this year. I am EU student so I´m not taking A levels but my predicted grades are equivalent of 4A*.
I revieved on offer study biomedical sciences. Got an applicant open day 4th March!

Quick Reply

Latest