Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    1 A*, 6As, 2Bs. Ain't gonna happen.
    What are you expecting?
    Couldn't say at all until they release the grade boundaries tbh, but I know I ****ed most of them up
    Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
    Depends on what I get.
    How will you open them?
    I'll go into school scared ****less to get them, then I'll take them home with me and open them slowly on the sofa.
    How will you celebrate/react?
    Depends. If it's alright I'll go to the supermarket and buy myself like 50 bars of dark chocolate(my favourite) if it's bad then knowing me I'll either have a depressive episode and try to do something to myself or have an involuntary Asperger's meltdown and start throwing random objects at the wall while shaking uncontrollably and probably crying - neither of which will be particularly fun

ReputationRep:
    Someone help I am doing single award science with cea and I have a b in chemistry a c in biology and an a* in coursework I am waiting on my physics of I fail it will I still pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do1phinDreamer)
    What are you hoping for?
    Straight A*s. Yep, I'm THAT person. *sighs*

What are you expecting?
    Not straight A*s.

Unless it is straight A*s, nope. Even if it is, I'll probably just think I got lucky and dismiss it, though.

How will you open them?
    I don't even KNOW. How I'm going to be ABLE to even open them is beyond me.

How will you celebrate / react?
    Probably hyperventilate and cry. A lot. Goody.

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
    I feel arrogant saying this, but yes. The requirement (and this is an academic school, so I'm still kind of surprised, but ah well) is 8 A*-Bs, I believe, which I'd like to think I can get, considering my prediction. But hell, who knows. I can imagine myself not doing well enough, absolutely. My only consolation is that I know I have 1 A* already.
    By 'academic' are you referring to a grammar or public school or just a very renowned comprehensive ? Because they are really high entry grades! You just need 5 c's in anything to get into my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espicton98)
    By 'academic' are you referring to a grammar or public school or just a very renowned comprehensive ? Because they are really high entry grades! You just need 5 c's in anything to get into my school
    Public school, yeah. It's not the absolute top of the leaderboards or anything, but it's relatively high up there, which is why I still wonder how the absolute hell I got here, but I did?
    But yeah. I don't like to advertise it as I feel like I'm bragging.

And I didn't realise that was that high of a requirement. I guess I'm so used to the school's ways that I forget what it's normally like!

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    6A*s. 3A s 1 B

What are you expecting?
    1A*. 3A s 5B s and 1C

Yeah ..... The exams didn't go too well..... Teachers are going to kill me

WILL I BE SATISFIED WITH MY RESULTS?
    No... Not even close I have worked soooooo hard for sooooo long.

How will I open my results?
    I want to be alone - but my friends are being annoying about me not wanting to open them with them...

How will I react?
    I will cry....they really are going to be bad. Especially as I really thought about ambitious careers in the future.

Will I meet my 6th form offer?
    Possibly.....I hope so....
    I want to do maths/further , biology, chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do1phinDreamer)
    Public school, yeah. It's not the absolute top of the leaderboards or anything, but it's relatively high up there, which is why I still wonder how the absolute hell I got here, but I did?
    But yeah. I don't like to advertise it as I feel like I'm bragging.

And I didn't realise that was that high of a requirement. I guess I'm so used to the school's ways that I forget what it's normally like!
    Yeah that's alright I understand, you are lucky though because you will be recieving a better quality education, the fact that our school still accepts people that haven't achieved 5 a*-c ( bearing in mind this isn't inclusive of maths and English says a lot, and also at my school they will count a btec as a GCSE) personally I wish they were tougher !

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for 5 A*s, 6 A's and 1 B, but I'm expecting anything from 7A*s, 5As to 3A*s, 6A's and 3B's 😕 if the only B I get is in art then I will be content but if I get more than one I'll probably be a bit disappointed, I'm going to attempt to open my results away from anyone else bc I don't want other people questioning me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espicton98)
    Yeah that's alright I understand, you are lucky though because you will be recieving a better quality education, the fact that our school still accepts people that haven't achieved 5 a*-c ( bearing in mind this isn't inclusive of maths and English says a lot, and also at my school they will count a btec as a GCSE) personally I wish they were tougher !
    I know; I am incredibly lucky. That's why I get so pissed when I hear people ***** about the school because I'm just thinking "Okay, you try going to your average state school and see how you fare there". Ah, well.
    You can still push yourself even with your school not pushing you; it's just harder. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
    8A*'s to A, would be my best case scenario the rest will probably be 1B and 2C's
    What are you expecting?
    At least 6A*'s to A. Then the rest B's and hopefully no more than 2C's

I feel like no matter what I get I'd still be somewhat disappointed because I know I can do better.

How will you open them?
    In a secluded part of the school under the stairs.

Celebration? I really don't know about this one. X) Tears of joy? I don't think any celebration will be in order.
    My reaction would just be tears, pure tears! Because most of the exams I've done, looking back now I'm sure I failed! ):

I made a best case, worst case and realistic grade scenario. In all of them apart from ofc my worst case I made the offer so I'm not too worried about that.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
    9A*'s 1A 1B

What are you expecting?
    8A*'s 2A's 1B

I think so.

How will you open them?
    Probably by handing them over to my mum or something

I don't really celebrate things but I might just stand around for a minute or two
    and then run home to scream

Most likely

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?

What i'm dreaming for is...

2 A*'s, 2 A's and a B

What are you expecting?

3 A's and 2 B's

Depending on what subjects I get the B's in. If I get a B in drama i'll be thrilled, i'm also expecting a B in biology. I'll be okay with that but I feel like for the most part my parents and teachers will be more disappointed than me. And the thought of disappointing my parents is the main reason for my fears

How will you open them?

I'm going to go with a few close friends then just quietly stand in a corner with them and open them together. I don't think I could handle someone else opening them for me.
    Spoiler:
    Show

If I get any A*'s i'll probably just be really happy inside but play it cool. If I do okay - bad probably wait in the secluded grass area near school thinking about life while I wait for my friends to come out after telling our teachers their amazing results. I know my best friend will do amazing so we'll probably go celebrate her hard work. I'll also call my mum and tell her I got 5 A*'s then show her the truth when I get home (just for fun)

Going into year 11 in September so none of that stuff for another year. In my school we do GCSE's over 3 years so I guess i'm trying not to be too worried because I have another year to learn from my mistakes.

(I accidentally added that spoiler thing , can't work out how to take it off)

ReputationRep:
    anyone knows when the IGCSE results will come ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmans)
    anyone knows when the IGCSE results will come ?
    I recently read a thread which said 11th August... (tomorrow)

BUT I'M NOT SURE DON'T TRUST ANYTHING I SAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excludedplasma)
    I recently read a thread which said 11th August... (tomorrow)

BUT I'M NOT SURE DON'T TRUST ANYTHING I SAY
    Wait WAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaving work now but i'll find the thread and send you a link as soon as I get home! But i'm 98% sure that's what it said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excludedplasma)
    I'm leaving work now but i'll find the thread and send you a link as soon as I get home! But i'm 98% sure that's what it said.
    That's when CIE results are published to schools/students. One of my results, IGCSE English language is CIE, but I still have to wait to get it with the rest of my results on the 20th

ReputationRep:
    I'm aware that only the teachers are sent it therefore it's unlikely unless it's leaked.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
    9A*s 1A

What are you expecting?
    7A*s 3As

Not really.

How will you open them?
    With my hands. In the hall. Probably.

Whatever I get, I'll go home and watch Netflix.

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Going to do them next year and I'm absolutely certain that l would perform profoundly poorly.

ReputationRep:
    What Im hoping for...

Wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy, get dressed, slowly walk to school, arriving at the latest time possible to collect results (which is 11:30am). My friends waiting for me there, thinking what took you so long?! I go and get the envelope that basically encloses my current life and tear the seal. I take several minutes looking at my grades and the faces of my friends and my teachers... I do this around 3 times. I either: Scream and say YAY and run around or frown down and storm out of the hall thinking I failed at the first hurdle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.