The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ganhad
why would you sympathize with israel ? look at the casualties on both sides 4 israeli dead over 200 Palestinians dead. i can show you the israeli leader calling for all palestinian women to be killed or the blowed up bodies of 4 dead children .

It is the Palestinians who have rejected the ceasefire negotiations. Thus surely they are solely responsible for the continuation of war?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Academic Warrior
It is the Palestinians who have rejected the ceasefire negotiations. Thus surely they are solely responsible for the continuation of war?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Palestinians weren't told of the ceasefire. Egypt was told but Egypt don't speak to Hamas due to their Muslim Brotherhood links...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 363
Israel disgust me. There are atrocities on both sides but Israel are by far the worst.
Original post by *Dreaming*
Palestine, as most of the Palestinian people have nothing to do with Hamas etc. One Israeli has been killed in this latest compared to the many Palestinians, many of them innocent children.

Israel's solution is always to crack a nut with a sledge hammer.

By the same token, most Israeli's settled in that area by birth and had no part in 'stealing' Palestine land. Null argument I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reptilian
The Palestinians weren't told of the ceasefire. Egypt was told but Egypt don't speak to Hamas due to their Muslim Brotherhood links...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Egypt were the ones trying to broker the deal with the two sides?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Egypt were the ones trying to broker the deal with the two sides?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most of the people on here will support Palestine

Both sides need to learn to live in peace.
Reply 368
Palestine obviously. Those piece of crap Israelites killing my Muslim brothers and sisters. ****ing dicks killed some kids the other day. Makes my blood boil.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Reptilian

Then I'm struggling to understand the validity of your point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370
On the side of the innocent people who are caught up in this mess.

I'm quite emotionally strong but the video of Israel targeting kids yesterday made my heart sink. :frown: it was the first time in a long time I was genuinely close to tears. Those kids were just playing on the beach... And the person above describes them as collateral damage....

At least Mario Balotelli agrees with me...
Palestine, although it would be nice if they could both just stop killing each other.
Original post by Kutta
On the side of the innocent people who are caught up in this mess.

I'm quite emotionally strong but the video of Israel targeting kids yesterday made my heart sink. :frown: it was the first time in a long time I was genuinely close to tears. Those kids were just playing on the beach... And the person above describes them as collateral damage....

At least Mario Balotelli agrees with me...

I'm assuming that bit refers to me. I don't know what event you are talking about, but I was clearly referring to when Israel strikes military targets. If they were striking a non-military target (intentionally), that is unjustifiable.
I don't think either side is blameless at all, but I can sympathise with Israel. Hamas have provocatively fired rockets into Israel for a long time and they must expect Israel to seek to destroy those weapons. But, if rockets are being hidden in residential areas (20 were found by the UN in one of their schools today) and then targeted for destruction, then both sides have to carry the responsibility when civilians are killed. Extremely disappointed that a ceasefire hasn't been reached yet, it's such a pointless waste of human life. :frown:
Reply 374
Then I'm struggling to understand the validity of your point

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you have a cease fire without telling both parties? It's not hard to comprehend...

"Let's have a ceasefire, but let's not tell Palestine who we're attacking that we want peace"
Israel because they are not allowed to live in peace by Palis because they do not want it to exist as a Country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kutta
How can you have a cease fire without telling both parties? It's not hard to comprehend...

"Let's have a ceasefire, but let's not tell Palestine who we're attacking that we want peace"

The way I understand it, both sides were told though and Hamas rejected the proposal? That's according to Sky News and CNN anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james22
Israel, every country has the right to defend itself, and if striking military targets causes civilian casualties then that is just collateral damage. An inevitable consequence of war.

You realise that Israel is a state founded on the land belonging to people who gave no such consent to do so? You realise that Israel is illegally occupying the west bank? You realise that the terms of the ceasefire didn't include negating the blockade currently being imposed on gaza aswell as consistent air strikes?

Israeli human rights activist Elizibeth Tsurkov, based in Tel-Aviv, tweeted to say with regards to "being attacked" by Gaza: "We are targeted by mostly ****ty rockets. Gazans are being shelled with heavy bombs. We have shelters, sirens, Iron Dome. They have 0."

Israel is a military superpower with F-15 fighter jets, AH-64 Apache helicopters, Delilah missiles, IAI Heron-1 drones and Jericho II missiles. (almost forgot to mention the nuclear bombs theyve got) Verses what David Cameron describes as a prison camp firing almost entirely ineffective missiles (1 Isrealli killed by a stray off target mortar, compared to over 190 Palestinians dead.) Israel has also ordered their military to commence a ground offensive in Gaza.

But I agree. Every country has a right to defend themselves, who is it though, I muse, that needs defending from whom?
Israel is a terrorist state committing war crimes & ethnic cleansing against the Palestinians, as they have done since the zionist filth were given a "nation" of their own, these people aren't even proper Jews ffs, they just co-opted the Jewish race/religion to create their terror state to eradicate any arabs from the region, the UK/USA backed them then & back them now to continue this purge, none of them will stop till all Palestinians are dead, heck probably not till Israel has annex Lebanon as well.
Reply 379
Original post by james22
I'm assuming that bit refers to me. I don't know what event you are talking about, but I was clearly referring to when Israel strikes military targets. If they were striking a non-military target (intentionally), that is unjustifiable.

Yeah soz for not quoting, it's good to know that you think its unjustifiable :smile:

but I disagree with your point, I'm more on the humanitarian side, what is the justification In killing an innocent person? "Yeah sorry but you were near a suspected Hamas hideout so you had to die" I don't agree with that notion.

I do know that I'm being naive but I hate war, it's always the innocent person who is the victim. :frown: almost 75% dead on the Palestine side were innocents, as was the Israeli (as I said I don't believe in collateral damage so it's not right that the poor man died)

Latest

Trending

Trending