University of Essex 2015 Applicants Watch

EmYYB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm applying through my french university for the LLB english and french law ! I hope I'll get the application form soon, I see everyone in the UK already got their accomodation sorted out...
Marilyn Denice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by princesskimana)
They got CCC and still got in? Omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, was a guy age 20 and I am 21, so I have no idea.
Physflop
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone going to be staying in the maltings??
Louise_01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Physflop)
Anyone going to be staying in the maltings??
I wanted to stay there but they said that they weren't available for undergraduates joining in 2015!
lpxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is anyone going to be studying Criminology? And who else has put South Courts as their first choice accommodation?
angelfox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lpxx)
Is anyone going to be studying Criminology? And who else has put South Courts as their first choice accommodation?
No, yes.
JohnLarkin2011
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm studying Criminology & American Studies and have applied for South Courts

I say "studying". I HOPE to study that course and I HOPE to stay in South Courts :')
Z4HL
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone had trouble accepting accommodation offer and/or completing payment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Z4HL)
Anyone had trouble accepting accommodation offer and/or completing payment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, no issues here. Is there a specific issue? Perhaps email accommodation tomorrow?
Z4HL
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Nope, no issues here. Is there a specific issue? Perhaps email accommodation tomorrow?
First I tried from my phone. I got an error at the last stage of payment. The captcha didn't display and it said I was denied access. Then trying on my PC, I can't even accept the offer. It said I've logged in from another device. I contacted the admin and they even resent the offer letter. I followed the new link on my PC and it worked until I got to the end of the payment process again. I guess I should just sign the offer letter and email the scan directly?
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Z4HL)
First I tried from my phone. I got an error at the last stage of payment. The captcha didn't display and it said I was denied access. Then trying on my PC, I can't even accept the offer. It said I've logged in from another device. I contacted the admin and they even resent the offer letter. I followed the new link on my PC and it worked until I got to the end of the payment process again. I guess I should just sign the offer letter and email the scan directly?
Er, wow that is a mess! Sometimes there is problems with the system and you have to wait for it (I do vaguely remember this happening to me in first year). I would say contact them again and ask if a scanned copy will be sufficient, I'm not entirely sure if it would be. When's the deadline for accommodation? I don't know if continuing students have a different deadline to you guys (assuming you've just done your A2s). Where will you be staying?
Z4HL
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I see. Thanks for the input. Not sure what you mean by A2. I'm not from the UK. Anyway 30th June is the deadline for accepting the offer. I guess I'll sign and ask immediately if they needed anything else.

I'll be staying in the Sainty quay if all goes well.
sunnysunflower
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
HI, I am going to take MSc in Accounting and Finance this Sep. Does anyone have the same plan as I do?
Entreflex
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just got my unconditional offer today! So excited to study psychology :-)
Chlomc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Entreflex)
Just got my unconditional offer today! So excited to study psychology :-)
Congrats! I'm unconditional for Psyc too. Shall see you there
Milky!
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know if I can change my preferences for accommodation after submitting it?
gabbles90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PixelMunk)
I sent in an application to study criminology with social psychology around 3/4 weeks back and I'm still waiting for a reply (fingers crossed). I'm from up Lancashire, so if I do go down to the UoE, it's going to be a massive change of scenery for me. Any current students who were in the same situation as me got any advice on how to better settle in?
Woo I'm from Lancashire too! Glad I'm not the only northerner who's applied aha
gabbles90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by angelfox)
Who's got an interview for law?
I'm doing law, got my offer and firmed but haven't been asked for any sort of interview
angelfox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What day is moving in day?
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by angelfox)
What day is moving in day?
September 27th, if I remember correctly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.78%
No - but I will (98)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (606)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise