Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If i fail it will be the english that does it.. Id be surprised if i failed maths (sorry if that sounds really big headed of me).
    Im just going to have a practice at writing short essays on random topics and time myself.. Hopefully its grammar, spelling and structure ect they are looking for rather than content..
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midwifetobe1992)
    If i fail it will be the english that does it.. Id be surprised if i failed maths (sorry if that sounds really big headed of me).
    Im just going to have a practice at writing short essays on random topics and time myself.. Hopefully its grammar, spelling and structure ect they are looking for rather than content..
    Xx
    I think they look more at your ability to structure an essay. I did it around a month ago and somehow passed
    Even though the topic was random. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Chester regards to Friday 11th December interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy71)
    Has anyone heard from Chester regards to Friday 11th December interviews?
    I'd be very surprised if you heard back this year. The admissions tutors will have broken up for Christmas now. Just relax and enjoy Christmas and you'll probably hear back in January x

ReputationRep:
    They told us if unsuccessful we would be notified via ucas track before Xmas and that no
    News was good news.. Suspense iskilling me 😫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy71)
    They told us if unsuccessful we would be notified via ucas track before Xmas and that no
    News was good news.. Suspense iskilling me 😫
    Then I'd take that as a good sign! Seriously it's very unlikely you'll hear back now x

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow!!!!!! I hope your right !!! I'll keep u postedxxxx merry Xmas xx

ReputationRep:
    Mindue, they are interviewing till 23rd as I know someone who has one on 22nd so who knows..... God imagine that,, an unsuccessful a couple of days before Xmas 😫Ha ha
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by hannahaliciah_x)
    Is anyone attending the De Montfort interview on the 20th Jan? ☺️
    Congratulations on getting your interview for the course in January.
    You may find the link below useful as it will give you some more information about the interview in January;

http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/undergrad...view-days.aspx

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions or you can email or enquiry team on [email protected]

Thanks
    Danny

ReputationRep:
    LC, are you a student midwife? 🎄

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've received a conditional offer from Worcester to start in September!!!! Does anyone else have an offer there?? X

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have an interview at wolverhampton on the 12th January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChanteXx)
    Does anybody have an interview at wolverhampton on the 12th January?
    Hi hun i have selection tests there on the 4th..
    How did you find the tests??
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi hun i have selection tests there on the 4th..
    How did you find the tests??
    Xx
    Hi, i found the maths to be one of the harder tests I have done & the English was just a simple essay so not too bad. I would deffo revise maths and plan a little essay structure to prepare. The staff make you feel so calm though so you'll be fine!xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anybody know roughly how long the following take to reply?
    City, Greenwich, Southbank, Kings
    Just had my application sent off 2 days ago and im sooooo nervous... its my second attempt....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChanteXx)
    Hi, i found the maths to be one of the harder tests I have done & the English was just a simple essay so not too bad. I would deffo revise maths and plan a little essay structure to prepare. The staff make you feel so calm though so you'll be fine!xx
    Thankyou
    Maths is actually my strong point so i feel okay about that, having to write an essay in just 30 minutes is worrying me though! Fingers crossed i pass and get an interview!
    X

ReputationRep:
    I applied to city, south bank and kings last year. I'm holding a place at city for 2016!
    Kings held on to my application for ages and ages before eventually rejecting me. City played a long game too with a lot of people. South bank I had an interview for last January and got offered a place there the next day.
    They all seem to do everything so differently it's hard to tell if you can be the person that they want on their course.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou
    Maths is actually my strong point so i feel okay about that, having to write an essay in just 30 minutes is worrying me though! Fingers crossed i pass and get an interview!
    X
    If maths is your strong point then you'll be fine,I only wrote about a page and a half in the essay. Good luck !xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chchch91)
    I applied to city, south bank and kings last year. I'm holding a place at city for 2016!
    They all seem to do everything so differently it's hard to tell if you can be the person that they want on their course.
    Hi there I have also applied for them universities. I had my English, maths and aptitude tests for city on Monday. But I am unclear on what happens after this (if you pass), because I heard that they don't do individual interviews. Do you know what the process is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadaaaaa)
    Hey, anybody know roughly how long the following take to reply?
    City, Greenwich, Southbank, Kings
    Just had my application sent off 2 days ago and im sooooo nervous... its my second attempt....
    Same universities as me! Southbank got back to me in 5 days, Greenwich took 3 weeks and city took 5 weeks. I was invited to sit the tests. I haven't heard from kings yet and it's been over 6 weeks.
    Did you apply for the same unis as you previously did? Good luck! Hope you get all your offers this time round

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.