The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Hey! Applying from the U.S., so I can't really compare A levels with y'all, but I just wanted to say hello! I'm hoping to study French and English :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 361
Also applying from the US!

Going to apply to Liberal Arts at Hild Bede, (Arabic, Spanish, and International Relations are my main interests. I've been studying Arabic for a couple of years already at a university level, and am applying for a gap year in Morocco, so will only keep going with Arabic language if they let me start with non-ab initio classes :smile: )

In the UK, also apply to Edinburgh and Exeter.
Reply 362
Original post by azafran

Going to apply to Liberal Arts at Hild Bede, (Arabic, Spanish, and International Relations are my main interests. I've been studying Arabic for a couple of years already at a university level, and am applying for a gap year in Morocco, so will only keep going with Arabic language if they let me start with non-ab initio classes :smile: )

I'm applying to Exeter too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azafran

I'm also applying to Edinburgh, seems like such a lovely uni!
Reply 364
Original post by Chris Cartner
If you've got any questions about the City itself, I can answer questions as I'm a local :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello there Chris, I'll be at Durham by January, 1st, 2016. I'm from Algeria & I want to know if there are swimming pools near the university.
Thank you.:h:
Psychology BSc offer! :biggrin:
Original post by jaseho98

Have they started giving out offers? Also what grades etc? Well done!
Doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry and have applied for Durham, Cambridge, Exeter, York and have an offer from Bath.

AS AAAA
A Level (predicted) A*A*A*A*

Hoping to do Maths at Collingwood but now just desperate to hear back.
Anyone else wanting to do Maths?
Current Collingwood student here :smile: if you have any questions, just ask. Or read my blog about life at Durham:
https://maryvstheworld.wordpress.com/
Reply 369
I'm hoping to do History, does anyone know about how competitive, in terms of applicants the colleges are?

Really?! I thought they take ages. When did you apply?

That's amazing! I didn't think they gave out offers till post-January 15th
Huge congratulations!!
When did you send off your application?
Reply 372
Original post by SMer
I'm hoping to do History, does anyone know about how competitive, in terms of applicants the colleges are?

University and Hatfield are supposedly the most oversubscribed. The Bailey colleges in general also tend to be quite oversubscribed. It's best to just choose the one you prefer because it won't affect your chances of getting into the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else not got a 'we've received your application' email, despite having submitted their application 3-4 weeks ago?
Reply 374
Original post by owenj4
University and Hatfield are supposedly the most oversubscribed. The Bailey colleges in general also tend to be quite oversubscribed. It's best to just choose the one you prefer because it won't affect your chances of getting into the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, you've cleared up a lot for me! I've put Josephine Butler down on UCAS, I really liked it there on the open day.
Reply 375
Original post by LoveToArgue
Anyone else not got a 'we've received your application' email, despite having submitted their application 3-4 weeks ago?

Yeh I don't either, no one I know has it either, perhaps they don't send one out :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! When did you apply? I applied on the 6th of October and still don't even have an acknowledgement email yet :frown: which college did you apply for? What grades do you need to get to meet your offer?
Anyone else applying for St. Marys?
Original post by charleethompson
That's amazing! I didn't think they gave out offers till post-January 15th
Huge congratulations!!
When did you send off your application?

Thank you ever ever so much! I sent my application out last Thursday! I was so shocked!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! What are you applying to? xx
Original post by TTWNGCBC
Well done! When did you apply? I applied on the 6th of October and still don't even have an acknowledgement email yet :frown: which college did you apply for? What grades do you need to get to meet your offer?

Thank you so much! xx

I applied last Thursday, they didn't send me any acknowledgement email at all. I've applied to Hatfield, but then they said they will allocate randomly I think.. x

Quick Reply

Latest