The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2015 Accommodation Choices!!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am hoping to come to cardiff next year and was just wondering if anyone is at Talybont court or gate and which one is better!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by HelenS97
Hi, I am hoping to come to cardiff next year and was just wondering if anyone is at Talybont court or gate and which one is better!

Hi, I live in Taly South but I've been to both and I would say Taly gate!
I live in taly gate at the moment. The rooms are really nice, nicer than court. But it is about a 30mins walk from gate to uni, whereas it's more like a 15mins walk from court to uni. Also, depending on the flat, some people are not very social and some are very posh, but I suppose you can get that anywhere. It is definitely the nicest quality halls of residence, you get a 3/4bed instead of a single like everywhere else, there is a TV in each kitchen, and it is the closest to Tesco, McDonalds and KFC etc. But it is more expensive and further away. There are different variables that need to be considered. Hope this rambling mess has helped.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Still-Thinking
I live in taly gate at the moment. The rooms are really nice, nicer than court. But it is about a 30mins walk from gate to uni, whereas it's more like a 15mins walk from court to uni. Also, depending on the flat, some people are not very social and some are very posh, but I suppose you can get that anywhere. It is definitely the nicest quality halls of residence, you get a 3/4bed instead of a single like everywhere else, there is a TV in each kitchen, and it is the closest to Tesco, McDonalds and KFC etc. But it is more expensive and further away. There are different variables that need to be considered. Hope this rambling mess has helped.

Thank you so much for replying. You won't believe how much it has helped! I hope you don't mind me asking but how many people do you share the kitchen with?
Original post by jeffercakes95
Hi, I live in Taly South but I've been to both and I would say Taly gate!

Thank you for replying!
Thank you so much for replying. You won't believe how much it has helped! I hope you don't mind me asking but how many people do you share the kitchen with?

In my kitchen there are 6 of us. In the flat next door there are 7. 😊
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Still-Thinking
In my kitchen there are 6 of us. In the flat next door there are 7. 😊

Thank you! It is really nice to be able to talk to a student at talybont. I am so indecisive about court or gate!
Hi, I am coming to Cardiff next september to do my postgraduate studies in Journalism. I am considering Talybont Gate or Court. Was wondering if they put postgrads together or if the flats are mixed?
Thank you! It is really nice to be able to talk to a student at talybont. I am so indecisive about court or gate!

I had the exact same problem. Tbh, if I had the choice again, I would probably go with court as my first choice. You just have to look at it like, is the extra money worth the slightly bigger bed and nicer facilities, when you are pretty much double the distance from uni and (as a stereotype) living with people who are quite posh and pretty much everyone has had a gap year. :-) I'm not posh, and although I had a gap year, I value my sleep more than the nice amenities, hence the reason why I'd pick court over gate now.
Reply 369
Looking for someone to take over my contract at Northgate house apartments, Collegiate property.It is a premier studio with a personal kitchen / All Bills Included. For the term 2016/2017. It has a brilliant city centre location. Located at Kingsway right across The Cardiff Castle.

Kindly revert back for details!!
Reply 370
Looking for someone to take over my contract at Northgate house apartments, Collegiate property.It is a premier studio with a personal kitchen / All Bills Included. For the term 2016/2017. It has a brilliant city centre location. Located at Kingsway right across The Cardiff Castle.

Kindly revert back for details!!
Does anyone know when we hear back for uni accomodation? I applied for Liberty house as my first I'm not sure if they reply the same time as the uni halls because I know they're privately owned.
Original post by Abbiieelouise970
Does anyone know when we hear back for uni accomodation? I applied for Liberty house as my first I'm not sure if they reply the same time as the uni halls because I know they're privately owned.

Results day, unless your an unconditional offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalierm2707
Results day, unless your an unconditional offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool thank you! Does anyone know how much roughly a week it is for nursing (extra weeks) I know it says £4700 on the website but that's for 41 week residence, I'm there for 42..
Reply 375
Original post by doublecross2893
Anyone staying in 40 Miskin Street in Student houses (Village)? Or close too ^.^

Yeah! Im staying in 40 Miskin street
Reply 376
Anyone still looking for accommodation? I am looking for someone who is willing to take over my contract at Talybont Court. If interested please let me know.
Original post by Sophia2015
Hey everyone! So I've decided to firm my offer today for Chemistry at Cardiff Uni!! So excited :smile:). Starting my application for accommodation now, thinking of putting Talybont South as my first option. Where's everyone thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've accepted the Human and Social Science course as my firm choice at Cardiff. I think I'm putting Talybont South as my first option too :smile: It looks pretty good!!

Quick Reply

Latest