Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Sorry need to learn my definitions
    Haha, no it's okay I kept mixing privation and deprivation up too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So for a question with 12 marks about disruption of attachment would you outline he PDD model for 6 marks a01 then evaluate it and use robertsons videos of john as supporting evidence?
    I would write about the Robertsons study and include the PDD model in AO1. John would also be included in AO1 as well. For AO2 I would evaluate the study in terms on research methods, how data was collected, population vaildity, strengths and weaknesses of a case study. For AO1, PDD would not get full marks- you need the study made evidence of this like in Anisworth's study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Haha, no it's okay I kept mixing privation and deprivation up too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Privation- where an infant has been unable to for, an attachment and has missed the window of opportunity.

Deprivation- Usually known as separation from caregiver is where the infant is separated from a short period of time from their caregivers, usually for daycare, hospitalisation or divorce or work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Char-x)
    Privation- where an infant has been unable to for, an attachment and has missed the window of opportunity.

Deprivation- Usually known as separation from caregiver is where the infant is separated from a short period of time from their caregivers, usually for daycare, hospitalisation or divorce or work.
    Don't worry, I wasn't confused anymore but thank you!! It'll help those who are!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluorescentM)
    Jacob found the capacity of STM to be between 5 and 9 items. A few years after, Miller studied different research's into the capacity of STM and he concluded that it was 7 plus or minus two items calling it the "magic number 7".

So yeah just write items for both, I haven't heard chunks being user
    Thanks for the response. I completely understand now and I will be sure to use items.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any notes on attachment that they don't mind sending me asap? My exam is on Monday and I'm so hazy on the topic and it doesn't help when your teacher is off half the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Char-x)
    I would write about the Robertsons study and include the PDD model in AO1. John would also be included in AO1 as well. For AO2 I would evaluate the study in terms on research methods, how data was collected, population vaildity, strengths and weaknesses of a case study. For AO1, PDD would not get full marks- you need the study made evidence of this like in Anisworth's study.
    So you'd write about the pdd model then describe robertsons video, but what is the a02 I don't really know it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling fairly confident about this exam. I predict a memory question will be the 12 marker .. Probably the working memory model and or multi store model. Types of attachment will be an 8 marker and cognitive interview will be a six marker.. these are just my predictions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    Does anyone have last years Unit 1 Paper, or the questions that came up?
    The 12 marker was EWT research😊

ReputationRep:
    So you'd write about the pdd model then describe robertsons video, but what is the a02 I don't really know it?
    - Case studies are unique and so it is difficult to generalise their findings of John to other infants due to individual differences, making the research low in population validity.
    - The study was rich in detail due to the research methods in which the data was collected. This allows the reiablitlity to be checked for because of repeating the study.
    - The Robertsons researched a naturally occurring variable which means that they can research something that may have otherwise be deemed unethical. This also is easier to generalise to real life as the study study was in the ppts own environment.
    - However, a natural experiment makes it difficult to have full control over variables, and so this makes it difficult to check for reliabilty and may be low in ecological validity because of this.
    - The separation depends on the amount of experience that a infant has had, those used were used to short separations were more likely to cope better than those who hadn't had this experience before.
    - The age of the child also dependence do upon how they coped, those who were below twelve months were less likely to show symptoms of distress or frustration compare to those who under 18 months found they became withdrawn and increasingly upset due to the fact that they had formed an attachment with their caregivers.
    -Secure infants are more likely to cope better with the separation compared to other attachemnts types as they had the security of knowing that their caregiver will return.
    -if the quality of the care was good, then the infants are less likely to respond to the separation- e.g Grandparents.

ReputationRep:
    They seems to be a bit of confusion over disruption of attachment, my teacher told me if I get asked a 12 mark question about disruption of attachment I'd outline the PDD model? Then I'd use the study of john as a02? Is this right
    Wouldnt you put john into ao1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guys the 2014 papers r on the aqa website. U can print them out x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    I'm feeling fairly confident about this exam. I predict a memory question will be the 12 marker .. Probably the working memory model and or multi store model. Types of attachment will be an 8 marker and cognitive interview will be a six marker.. these are just my predictions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are your predictions usually right?

ReputationRep:
    So I'm retaking psya1 and I keep seeing PDD on here but I can't remember what that is :') any help? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra96)
    Wouldnt you put john into ao1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You would as I have just found out

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juday)
    So I'm retaking psya1 and I keep seeing PDD on here but I can't remember what that is :') any help? Thanks x
    Its the model associated with the case of little john ( by Robertson and Robertson ). I think you would use this study when asked about disruption of attachment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juday)
    Are your predictions usually right?
    What about how research into attachment had influenced day care practises?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heretohelp!)
    Its the model associated with the case of little john ( by Robertson and Robertson ). I think you would use this study when asked about disruption of attachment
    Um, no.

The PDD model, suggested by Bowlby, explains short-term deprivation.

Protest - immediate response to separation - crying, screaming, kicking and struggling to escape or clinging to the mother to prevent her leaving. This is an outward, direct expression of the child's anger, fear, bitterness and confusion.

Despair - protest is replaced by calmer, more apathetic behaviour. Anger and fear are still felt inwardly. There is little response to offers of comfort, instead the child comforts itself, by e.g. thumb-sucking.

Detachment - the child responds to people again, but treats everyone warily. Rejection of the care-giver on their return is common, as are signs of anger.

Yes it can be applied to Robertson and Robertson's study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Um, no.

The PDD model, suggested by Bowlby, explains short-term deprivation.

Protest - immediate response to separation - crying, screaming, kicking and struggling to escape or clinging to the mother to prevent her leaving. This is an outward, direct expression of the child's anger, fear, bitterness and confusion.

Despair - protest is replaced by calmer, more apathetic behaviour. Anger and fear are still felt inwardly. There is little response to offers of comfort, instead the child comforts itself, by e.g. thumb-sucking.

Detachment - the child responds to people again, but treats everyone warily. Rejection of the care-giver on their return is common, as are signs of anger.

Yes it can be applied to Robertson and Robertson's study.
    Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.