vidishashenoy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Novascope)
Haha don't get me wrong it's cool accommodation but the uni does kinda over sell it because there's another private accommodation (that I stayed i) which is only 2 years old, more modern and generally nicer. You'll probably spend time there if you make friends there anyway. Everyone is always going back and forth staying in halls will be so fun.

I'm studying journalism & creative writing. You?
hahaha I guess, but let's see! I'm trying to be optimistic about it I was already slightly bothered about being twenty minutes away from the uni by train, so I'm bringing this "keep-it-positive" attitude to Fal... hopefully, it'll stay strong...And your course sounds like fun! I'm doing graphic design
vidishashenoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by charlottei)
Ahh I see, yeah I'll think you'll be absolutely fine. Even if you missed out I'm sure they'd be able to organise something, considering you'll be flying in.
Haha yeah, here's hoping! I'm not too worried, though
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Howdo everyone! Gonna me moving down from up North on the 12th! I'm in Glasney and I'll be studying Acting, anyone else with me on that ??
charlottei
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Josef Cooper)
Howdo everyone! Gonna me moving down from up North on the 12th! I'm in Glasney and I'll be studying Acting, anyone else with me on that ??
Hey, nice to meet you.

I'm moving down from the North to stay in Glasney too, and hopefully on the 12th. Studying Graphic Design though.

Where in the North are you from?
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, nice to meet you.

I'm moving down from the North to stay in Glasney too, and hopefully on the 12th. Studying Graphic Design though.

Where in the North are you from?
Nice to meet you too Charlotte ! Glasney looks crackin I have to say haha, maybe we'll be in the same block ha! Ah Graphic design nice!

I'm from Leigh myself, pretty close to Manchester! Cant wait to meet everyone and have a laugh, I'm going to be clueless in Falmouth for a while haha
charlottei
Rep:
?
Nice to meet you too Charlotte ! Glasney looks crackin I have to say haha, maybe we'll be in the same block ha! Ah Graphic design nice!

I'm from Leigh myself, pretty close to Manchester! Cant wait to meet everyone and have a laugh, I'm going to be clueless in Falmouth for a while haha
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it! And nice to meet you too.

Ahhh we're not far from each other at all - I'm from Oldham, so just on the other side of Manchester. Yeah, I fully expect to be permanently lost for the first couple of weeks at least.

How are you travelling down there? Based on how long it took to get to my interview, it's looking like 7+ hours for me...!
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it! And nice to meet you too.

Ahhh we're not far from each other at all - I'm from Oldham, so just on the other side of Manchester. Yeah, I fully expect to be permanently lost for the first couple of weeks at least.

How are you travelling down there? Based on how long it took to get to my interview, it's looking like 7+ hours for me...!
hahaha hopefully everyone will be lost so then were not alone in the struggle, oh nice one! all my pals think I'm crazy going so far away for uni when they are all going to manchester or liverpool, that sort of thing. Well ill be getting dropped off by car so yea around 6 hours or so for me, im hoping i'll be able to walk everywhere while im at uni though haha
charlottei
Rep:
?
hahaha hopefully everyone will be lost so then were not alone in the struggle, oh nice one! all my pals think I'm crazy going so far away for uni when they are all going to manchester or liverpool, that sort of thing. Well ill be getting dropped off by car so yea around 6 hours or so for me, im hoping i'll be able to walk everywhere while im at uni though haha
Oh yeah, same! Nearly everyone I speak to is going to Manchester or Man Met. Funnily enough there's no-one else from my college going to Falmouth though. I think there's more going to Oxford.

And me too... thankfully my parents are kind enough to make the trek to drop me off, aha. I reckon we'll be getting used to a lot of walking when we get there.
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh yeah, same! Nearly everyone I speak to is going to Manchester or Man Met. Funnily enough there's no-one else from my college going to Falmouth though. I think there's more going to Oxford.

And me too... thankfully my parents are kind enough to make the trek to drop me off, aha. I reckon we'll be getting used to a lot of walking when we get there.

Yes exactly the same with me on the only one haha! Nice one! Which kind of room did you get in Glasney ? 😱
charlottei
Rep:
?
Yes exactly the same with me on the only one haha! Nice one! Which kind of room did you get in Glasney ? 😱
I got a single en-suite thankfully! Wow you have no idea how grateful I was not to have to share. I need my personal space, aha, that would have driven me crazy. You?
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a single en-suite thankfully! Wow you have no idea how grateful I was not to have to share. I need my personal space, aha, that would have driven me crazy. You?
Oh damn I wanted one of those hahaha! I've got a shared studybed room, the main thing for me was getting into Glasney, and they're better than bunk beds so I can live with it haha
vidishashenoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey there! I'm not from up North (or anywhere in England actually, since I'm coming from Bahrain), but I will be staying in Glasney too so thought I'd say hello!

Acting sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you'll have a good time with it at Fal! I'll be doing graphic design ^^ So yeah... nice to meet you!
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vidishashenoy)
Hey there! I'm not from up North (or anywhere in England actually, since I'm coming from Bahrain), but I will be staying in Glasney too so thought I'd say hello!

Acting sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you'll have a good time with it at Fal! I'll be doing graphic design ^^ So yeah... nice to meet you!
Hello! Nice to meet you too, great stuff so ill be seeing you around Glasney! Getting really exited I have to say, as well as nervous haha!
vidishashenoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello! Nice to meet you too, great stuff so ill be seeing you around Glasney! Getting really exited I have to say, as well as nervous haha!
Haha, yeah! ^^

I am quite nervous too, it's my first time living so far away from home at a stretch (longest I've stayed away was for two weeks haha).
But it shouldn't be too bad, I hope. I'm really excited, nonetheless
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, yeah! ^^

I am quite nervous too, it's my first time living so far away from home at a stretch (longest I've stayed away was for two weeks haha).
But it shouldn't be too bad, I hope. I'm really excited, nonetheless
Yes same here haha its going to feel so weird but its still going to be ace !!
vidishashenoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes same here haha its going to feel so weird but its still going to be ace !!
haha yeah, really looking forward to September!
Oh, by the way, what kind of room are you in? I managed to get an en-suite for myself, thankfully
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
haha yeah, really looking forward to September!
Oh, by the way, what kind of room are you in? I managed to get an en-suite for myself, thankfully
I applied for the single but I ended up with the shared studybed room haha
Novascope
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied for the single but I ended up with the shared studybed room haha
Have you asked to be put on the waiting list for a single room?

I originally got given a shared studybed room too, but I really didn't want to have to share so I got put on the waiting list for a single in Glasney, but one for the Sidings came up quicker and I just took that instead of risking it, and it worked out even better!
Novascope
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
P.S to any new students who need help with anything, need someone to talk to, or are ever feeling alone/scared on campus, just give me a shout
Josef Cooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Novascope)
Have you asked to be put on the waiting list for a single room?

I originally got given a shared studybed room too, but I really didn't want to have to share so I got put on the waiting list for a single in Glasney, but one for the Sidings came up quicker and I just took that instead of risking it, and it worked out even better!
Haha yea believe it or not I've actually been given a single room in glasney tonight haha! Couldn't believe It ! Same here I was given a single room at the Sidings too but I really wanted Glasney so I left it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Falmouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise