Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester United vs Arsenal - 17th May watch

ReputationRep:
    Boring and dull game, but job done.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/vonstrenginho/st...86830273019905

ReputationRep:
    When Van Gaal and Giggs were talking to De Gea.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Rojo couldn't complete the 90, but Blackett was all over the place when he came on. Never looked comfortable on the ball at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    United are a glorified long ball team, they're entire attacking set up is based on crosses. Joke club
    You had 0 shots on target. I think the tactic paid off.
    Only got a draw cause of a deflected goal..
    But clearly you deserve it cause you play better football :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Das it Walcott (or Blackett :dry:)

Never been happier to see a goal in my life.
    Can you unlock the United thread pls?

ReputationRep:
    LOL at LVG's interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Can you unlock the United thread pls?
    Done dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    You had 0 shots on target. I think the tactic paid off.
    Only got a draw cause of a deflected goal..
    But clearly you deserve it cause you play better football :rolleyes:
    Could argue United only got a goal because of absolutely terrible awareness by the Arsenal defence, specifically Monreal (unless of course he was ordered to mark Fellaini in those situations, but it left Herrera with tons of space). Either way, in the end it could have finished 3-1 to United OR 3-1 to Arsenal, both had loads of chances, none taken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Done dear
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy_M)
    Could argue United only got a goal because of absolutely terrible awareness by the Arsenal defence, specifically Monreal (unless of course he was ordered to mark Fellaini in those situations, but it left Herrera with tons of space). Either way, in the end it could have finished 3-1 to United OR 3-1 to Arsenal, both had loads of chances, none taken.
    its the fact hes complaining about the way we play when we effectively shut down your style of football. Not the result.

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest here...
    Tyler Blacketts going to Real Madrid 90 million world record.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    LVG's speech was a bit weird, wasn't it?

United's substitutions allowed Arsenal to capitalise, in truth. Walcott seemed very upbeat post-match, and seems to think he's worked himself into Wenger's plans for the final, but I'm unsure. He simply doesn't offer enough compared to your usual three behind Giroud.

LVG seems resigned to the idea of DDG going. He basically admitted it was tough for any Spanish player to turn down Real Madrid. Souness made a good point post-match that Scandinavians find it very hard to say no to the elite English clubs, but Latino/South America stars are much more enthralled by the idea of life at one of the El Clasico sides.

Ashley Young played really well once again, but Herrera was by far and away the standout United player. Job done for Arsenal, you imagine. United will come again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    Maybe Rojo couldn't complete the 90, but Blackett was all over the place when he came on. Never looked comfortable on the ball at all.
    Rojo looked exhausted to me, was struggling to keep up with Ramsey, would have been ripped to shreds by Walcott. The other option would of been to move Young to LB but considering he had been and continued to be a threat higher up I can see why LvG didn't go for that.

(Original post by Jimmy_M)
    Herrera scored after making a 45 yard run where at no point any Arsenal player was within 10 yards of him, blaming only Monreal is fairly short-sighted.

ReputationRep:
    Blackett is a massive liability LVG should give Sadiq El Fitouri a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    So are we Van Gaal in or out today?
    Loool
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    First time since 2004 that Arsenal failed to chart a shot in the first-half of a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    First time since 2004 that Arsenal failed to chart a shot in the first-half of a game.
    I know
    Lets forget about that ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    I know
    Lets forget about that ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I remember that game in 2004 at Anfield too well. I long for the days of Neil Mellor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I remember that game in 2004 at Anfield too well. I long for the days of Neil Mellor.
    Ok i dont cause i was only 7 haha
    I was a Liverpool fan in 2004
    Came to arsenal a year after lol ()totally the best decision of my life
    Inb4 people call me a tratior lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.