Thank you it is for Exeter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematicus65)
    Congratulations!!!
    Thanks! Hope you enjoy your time wherever you end up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigWillow)
    Thank you it is for Exeter!
    Well I hope you're having a nice celebration, look forward to seeing you next year (assuming you choose Oxford)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Well I hope you're having a nice celebration, look forward to seeing you next year (assuming you choose Oxford)
    Hahah yeah I look forward to seeing you too, of course I'm choosing oxford

ReputationRep:
    Any fellow Earth Scientists for Worcester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Headingtonian)
    Have you got an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sausage13)
    Yes, I got it in the post this morning. I was very pleased!
    If you also have an offer, congrats Which college?

ReputationRep:
    Have you got an offer?
    Yeah I do! Well done on yours.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do! Well done on yours.
    Thanks, good to have met someone with an offer, there is only like 25 of us xD

ReputationRep:
    Well done for your offer
    Thanks, good to have met someone with an offer, there is only like 25 of us xD
    Probably 30-35-ish unless something goes wrong (2014 was a freak year!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Well done, will you be firming Oxford too?

Probably 30-35-ish unless something goes wrong (2014 was a freak year!)
    How many are in your year?

ReputationRep:
    How many are in your year?
    Either 31 or 32. Not 100% sure! Still very small though, can't imagine being in a huge lecture theatre!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on all offers fellows, feels great to share a forum thread with so many intelligent, soon to be earth scientists.

Mathematicus, Stanford / US system sounds amazing! so long as you aren't leaving anything behind in the UK like a girlfriend or anything I guess.

As for myself I've had to reject my beloved Imperial offer, didn't like London after 3 visits but utterly loved the university
    Would love to hear how you all get on in September.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offers guys!!

Also, has anyone had an interview at Leeds, i've got mine coming up soon and I was just wondering what the dress code is. Also was the interview long and did they ask any tough questions?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnstond)
    Congratulations on your offers guys!!

Also, has anyone had an interview at Leeds, i've got mine coming up soon and I was just wondering what the dress code is. Also was the interview long and did they ask any tough questions?

Thanks
    I had one a couple of months ago, no real dress code, I just went with a smart shirt and that was about right, but it varied between people so I don't think it matters too much. The interview was very relaxed, mine was only 5/10 mins and i was just asked about a couple of things on my personal statement and why I chose Leeds etc.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not, was rejected from Worcester yesterday, but I've got a Durham offer so I'm not too upset. I hope you enjoy it, I probably met you during the interview period at some point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruszty)
    I had one a couple of months ago, no real dress code, I just went with a smart shirt and that was about right, but it varied between people so I don't think it matters too much. The interview was very relaxed, mine was only 5/10 mins and i was just asked about a couple of things on my personal statement and why I chose Leeds etc.
    Ahh thanks 😀, did they ask you any questions on identifying rocks, etc. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnstond)
    Ahh thanks 😀, did they ask you any questions on identifying rocks, etc. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to :P
    Haha don't worry i've already got an offer there was nothing like that, it was just a few questions about work experience, my EPQ, my interests etc.. There were a number of different interviewers so I can't guarentee you won't get a question like that but I wouldn't fret about it

ReputationRep:
    Went to Royal Holloway's Applicant Visit Day in December. They are making unconditional offers to high acheivers with top A'Level grades or wiht keen interest in geology. Thorough interview. Amazing campus and most friendly dept that I've visited so far. The professor that interviewed me had read my pers statement but can't say that for other places been too. At Bristol they mixed up their paperwork and thought I was someone else. lol. Applying for strait Geology. Anyone been to Leicester? Any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supervolcano)
    Went to Royal Holloway's Applicant Visit Day in December. They are making unconditional offers to high acheivers with top A'Level grades or wiht keen interest in geology. Thorough interview. Amazing campus and most friendly dept that I've visited so far. The professor that interviewed me had read my pers statement but can't say that for other places been too. At Bristol they mixed up their paperwork and thought I was someone else. lol. Applying for strait Geology. Anyone been to Leicester? Any good?
    Were you interviewed at Bristol then?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2016

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.