Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astatine123)
    Hi guys- just firmed my offer from Sheffield for Biomedical Sciences! Eeekk!
    i'm so excited and nervous at the same time it's crazy
    i just firmed my biomed offer for sheffield as well! (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellismall)
    I searched for the endcliffe accommodation on Google maps and copied the address from there.
    Do you know what it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jory)
    Do you know what it is?
    Endcliffe Crescent, Sheffield, S10 3ED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jory)
    Im nervous about going as well because I don't know anyone at all going to Sheffield :s
    Ive applied for endcliffe and firmed history, although its a long shot me getting in
    Hey I've firmed Sheffield for History and Russian.
    My biggest worry was making friends when I go to uni.
    But a while back I've found a Sheffield group chat on facebook and found a few people who I became really good friends with, I've met up with some of them too.
    i can add you if you want, but at the end of the day don't worry too much, everyone will be in the same boat as you whilst at uni. You'll quickly become friends with your flatmates and people on your course, societies will also come in handy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jory)
    Im nervous about going as well because I don't know anyone at all going to Sheffield :s
    Ive applied for endcliffe and firmed history, although its a long shot me getting in
    Heyy, I've firmed history and applied for endcliffe too! But yeah don't know if I can get the grades haha, really want to go though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Aisha_)
    Heyy, I've firmed history and applied for endcliffe too! But yeah don't know if I can get the grades haha, really want to go though!
    Im in the same boat if you get the grades message me on here and ill tell you if i have too, that way if we both need help at all we have someone to talk too

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Sheffield for Chemistry AAB, Bristol AAB is insurance. Applied for Endcliffe and all the emails from student finance etc. is getting me pumped for September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jory)
    Im in the same boat if you get the grades message me on here and ill tell you if i have too, that way if we both need help at all we have someone to talk too
    Yeah of course! Hopefully we'll both get the grades and be there next year though, good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Sheffield for MChem with study in industry AAB

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer for History today, hallelujah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caelus)
    Got an unconditional offer for History today, hallelujah
    Omg I envy you so much!! Well done! What grades did you get last year and what are you predicted this year if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys got a offer in Bioengineering of AAB and is my firm choice . Any one else for Bioengineering?

ReputationRep:
    An offer for Urban Studies & Planning. Anyone else?

Anyone firmed Sheffield for music?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student9977)
    Anyone firmed Sheffield for music?
    Hello. I might be going to Sheffield in September for Music. Maybe I'll see you there!

What instrument/s do you play, and what music are you interested in? I'd love to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlloyd94)
    Well done to everyone who have got offers. Just to say I'm a postgrad in the management school at Sheffield so anyone with any questions about the management courses or anyone about the uni in general just fire away and I'll try to help people out.
    Is there any chance of getting in by missing out by one grade? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John2-9000)
    Is there any chance of getting in by missing out by one grade? Thanks
    It really depends on the department-more popular courses like medicine and law most likely won't let you in if you miss out by one grade, whereas courses like languages will more likely be more lenient I'm currently a 4th year student at Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    It really depends on the department-more popular courses like medicine and law most likely won't let you in if you miss out by one grade, whereas courses like languages will more likely be more lenient I'm currently a 4th year student at Sheffield
    I have firmed sheffield for accounting and financial management, do you think they could accept people who miss out by one grade? ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John2-9000)
    I have firmed sheffield for accounting and financial management, do you think they could accept people who miss out by one grade? ☺
    I'm not 100% sure as I'm in a different department, although it's possible-it depends on number of applicants, how many make their offer and how much you miss your offer by if you do miss it. What's your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    I'm not 100% sure as I'm in a different department, although it's possible-it depends on number of applicants, how many make their offer and how much you miss your offer by if you do miss it. What's your offer?
    AAB

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.