Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheetahCurtis)
    They said it will be mathematical and problem solving questions - that's pretty much all they said about what will be in it. There are two formats, online and pdf, but I don't get to choose which - they will just email me one of the formats on the day and I have 24 hours to complete it (the test itself is meant to take 45 minutes).
    Ah ok thanks. It's a pretty strange thing to do, surely it's just so easy for people to cheat, take hours to complete or whatever. Good luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    Ah ok thanks. It's a pretty strange thing to do, surely it's just so easy for people to cheat, take hours to complete or whatever. Good luck anyway.
    For the online version they will probably be able to time it but yeah, strange if they give me the pdf version.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any updates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberjay_)
    Anyone had any updates?
    Nah still nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizbo)
    Nah still nothing.
    Yeah silence on my end too. Boring.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an informal offer(!!!) after attending an interview on the 17th of Feb.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an informal offer(!!!) after attending an interview on the 17th of Feb.
    Me too. All will be good as long as there's no STEP in the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Offer here too! I hope it's not too hard

ReputationRep:
    Well got rejected last night at 22:01

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NT226)
    Well got rejected last night at 22:01
    Last night?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horse.jojo)
    Last night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep the email came through last night anyway. They're probably working over the weekends to get through all the applications

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who wrote the online admissions test on Feb 11th heard back?

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer through ucas, A*A*A In Maths, Further Maths, Computing, and an A in the EPQ. For Meng computing. Well, ****.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is A*AAAA with Merit in AEA, for MEng Computing.

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing since my application

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do the admissions exam today? How was it for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1fad)
    Anyone who wrote the online admissions test on Feb 11th heard back?
    Yes, I recieved my offer for MEng Computing this morning after an informal acceptance on Friday.

42/45 IB points with 776 in Math, Physics and Economics respectively.

The condition is savage but thankfully no STEP/AEA/JEE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suyash2099)
    Yes, I recieved my offer for MEng Computing this morning after an informal acceptance on Friday.

42/45 IB points with 776 in Math, Physics and Economics respectively.

The condition is savage but thankfully no STEP/AEA/JEE!
    Congratulations ^_^
    You won't be asked to write the JEE though, you are not in the Indian Board..
    I wonder why i haven't received my decision yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1fad)
    Congratulations ^_^
    You won't be asked to write the JEE though, you are not in the Indian Board..
    I wonder why i haven't received my decision yet
    Thanks mate and yeah I'm glad I don't have any external conditions to meet - heard some CBSE chaps need to clear JEE Advance :0 (why would you spend up for ICL then?)

And hold on a few days - you should hear back this weekend (1 month?). Good luck for boards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suyash2099)
    Thanks mate and yeah I'm glad I don't have any external conditions to meet - heard some CBSE chaps need to clear JEE Advance :0 (why would you spend up for ICL then?)

And hold on a few days - you should hear back this weekend (1 month?). Good luck for boards!
    JEE Advanced is really tough. Even Cambridge requires it for CBSE students. I did not apply to Cambridge because of that.
    They require rank 2000 or less

Thanks for the wishes mate ^_^

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.