Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you agree with Same-sex Marriage?
    Yes!
    77.34%
    NO!!!
    22.66%

ReputationRep:
    Don't agree it but its up to person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    Marriage is ordained by God. God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman. A man being in a relationship with a man is unnatural and sinful. And I am the one being unreasonable (!)
    As has been said many times in this thread. The concept of marriage pre-dates christianity, and in fact same sex marriage pre-dates christianity.

Your religion should not dicate the lives of others. Only those who CHOOSE to follow the religion should have to follow it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    As has been said many times in this thread. The concept of marriage pre-dates christianity, and in fact same sex marriage pre-dates christianity.

Your religion should not dicate the lives of others. Only those who CHOOSE to follow the religion should have to follow it.
    But Britain is a Christian country. Our state religion is the Church of England. This is what we should use to make our laws. If people don't like that, they can always leave.

ReputationRep:
    But Britain is a Christian country. Our state religion is the Church of England. This is what we should use to make our laws. If people don't like that, they can always leave.
    Actually no.
    Britain has seperation of church and state, therefore religion should not dictate laws. And no people who don't like it should not leave. Statistically britain isn't a partcularly religious practicing country. Particularly England.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I guess we can't cremate our relatives any more since that was another thing the Church opposed the legalisation of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saxsan4)
    It doesn't harm anyone, Love is love and it is taking away rights from the LGBT community.
    The LGBT have a right to a way out. Were not going to be able to cure these ppl and free them from their horrendous condition if we send them mixed messages implying homosexuality is normal or normalizing it or the equal of normal ppl are we? this syndrome that is acquired in the womb can and must be reversed, not given the oxygen of legal recognition.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Skeptique)
    The LGBT have a right to a way out. Were not going to be able to cure these ppl and free them from their horrendous condition if we send them mixed messages implying homosexuality is normal or normalizing it or the equal of normal ppl are we? this syndrome that is acquired in the womb can and must be reversed, not given the oxygen of legal recognition.
    Good god.

Do you want to provide sources for any of those claims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Good god.

Do you want to provide sources for any of those claims?
    I guess you talking about the epi-genetic one? let me make breakfast first then I'll get back to it but you can google it usually under "big brother syndrome"
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I guess you talking about the epi-genetic one? let me make breakfast first then I'll get back to it but you can google it usually under "big brother syndrome"
    Frankly, any of them. You've claimed it's a horrendous condition, and that people should be cured of it; why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bardnnyc)
    It does not change my stance. I DO NOT SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALS MARRYING EACH OTHER.

Get a life too, you need it more.
    Considerin how much energy you're wasting to be hateful and discriminatory I doubt I'm the one needing to get a life.

We both know the reality though
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bardnnyc)
    Whats wrong with her expressing her view?

I don't support homo marriages either. They are lots of people like me who don't support that but scared of being labelled homophobic.

I DO NOT SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALS MARRYING.
    WHY NOT?

ReputationRep:
    Guys guys calm down

ReputationRep:
    Marriage is ordained by God. God intended marriage to be between a man and a woman. A man being in a relationship with a man is unnatural and sinful. And I am the one being unreasonable (!)
    Which of the 3200 Gods are we talking about again?

By the way, Leviticus also said that you must not shave your hair (so you must be like a bush now)...? [19.27]

He said that you must not go to church 33 days after giving birth to a boy and 66 days after giving birth to a girl. Does that sound sane to you? No-one has ever done or cared about that either way [12.4/5]

Hell, he even said that alcohol is forbidden in holy places, yet alcohol is used all the time. Hypocrisy? Well, yes, it's pretty common.

Finally, you must have never worn clothes with fabric considering how forbidden it is! [19.19].

And these are just a few. Are you saying that you've never shaved your hair/beard, or wore fabric? If you did, you're the biggest hypocrite ever. But we both know the answer to that.

ReputationRep:
    the homophobes are out in force today!

ReputationRep:
    Guys guys calm down
    I fail to see how we have not been calm, nor reasonable. You are tge one who believes YOUR religion should dictate the lives of all and have failed to argue why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synchyst)
    I don't support homosexual marriages.

Its disgusting, vile and completely out of order. Thats just my opinion.

In a couple of years time it will be okay to have sex with animals.
    Troll? Clarify this before I deign you with a proper response.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    You've claimed it's a horrendous condition, and that people should be cured of it; why?
    OK back from breakfast (Salt-fish Jamaican Patties and Appletons Rum) an mi redy fi warr! ... lol, well Google "big brother syndrome gay" and you'll at leat come up with 4 good sources looking like these:
    Boys with big brothers more likely to be gay | Daily Mail Onlinewww.dailymail.co.uk/health/article.../Boys-big-brothers-likely-gay.htmlBoys with big brothers are more likely to be homosexual than those with sisters, younger brothers or no siblings at all. A study found that gay men had more ...Men With Older Brothers More Likely To Be Gay? Study ...www.huffingtonpost.com/.../men-older-brothers-gay_n_3873772.html5 Sep 2013 - Each older brother raises the odds of homosexuality by a third, ..... Boys with big brothers more likely to be gay | Mail Online - Daily Mail.Fraternal birth order and male sexual orientation - Wikipedia ...https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Fraternal_birth_order_and_male_s exual_orie...In several studies, the observation is that the more older brothers a man has from the same mother, the greater the probability is that he will have a homosexual ...Having An Older Brother Raises A Male's Chances Of Being ...www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/45962.php26 Jun 2006 - A male is more likely to be gay if he has an older brother, the likelihood grows the more older brothers he has. The percentage of gay males is ...
    As for 'horrendous condition', I'm referring to that unfortunate micro-minority that is so easily overlooked (and heavily persecuted by gays) who describe themselves as "not happy to be gay" [Unwanted Same Sex Attraction] they find that homosexuality is an unwelcome, uninvited and disturbing part of their life and wish to be rid of it and who are you, the LGBTs, the govt or edu/TV organisations of this worldto tell them otherwise? on what authority can you override their choice not to be gay? for these people homosexuality is a sickness - this is a horrendous situation and requires a cure.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    OK back from breakfast (Salt-fish Jamaican Patties and Appletons Rum) an mi redy fi warr! ... lol, well Google "big brother syndrome gay" and you'll at leat come up with 4 good sources looking like these
    I'm not sure the Daily Mail and Wikipedia count as good sources.

As for 'horrendous condition', I'm referring to that unfortunate micro-minority that is so easily overlooked (and heavily persecuted by gays) who describe themselves as "not happy to be gay" [Unwanted Same Sex Attraction] they find that homosexuality is an unwelcome, uninvited and disturbing part of their life and wish to be rid of it and who are you, the LGBTs, the govt or edu/TV organisations of this worldto tell them otherwise? on what authority can you override their choice not to be gay? for these people homosexuality is a sickness - this is a horrendous situation and requires a cure.
    Right, because that's clearly nothing to do with the kind of attitude where people tell them it's a sickness and a disease. And we obviously shouldn't be doing anything to combat such an ignorant attitude.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer

Care to justify any of that?

ReputationRep:

And then people call for others to respect such opinions. Are we serious?

You'd be okay with someone calling your face disgusting, vile and completely out if order and that you need a plastic surgery to make it bearable?

Even if you disagree, you need to be more respectful. Like seriously.

Also, how do you even associate homosexuality, which is love between two consenting adults of the sane sex, to animal abuse, which is not consenting of course and is, nonetheless, not between a human and a human? Like this logic is ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.