x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by groovy_snorter)
    Oh no, that's not very nice now is it?
    But you realise that this isn't real don't you?! Nothing you say makes any difference to anyone or anything!
    It is quite amusing reading all of your silly little comments, and far less sad than writing them myself.
    We are entitled to voice our opinion and we have every right to be in a model house of commons

if you don't like it , you can again f*** off
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I never really understand the derision the MHoC gets. As monopoly is to business or Call of Duty is to war it's a great bit of fun and you learn so much. Definitely more interesting than debating politics the ordinary way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I never really understand the derision the MHoC gets. As monopoly is to business or Call of Duty is to war it's a great bit of fun and you learn so much. Definitely more interesting than debating politics the ordinary way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be fair, Monopoly is played by families during long winter evenings when there's not much else to do (plus it has almost nothing to do with real business) and Call of Duty has even worse reputation than these model debating clubs (neckbeards, vulgar 13-year-olds, virgins, other no-lifers, etc.)…

I have to agree with the critique at least partially: the amount of time some of us spend on here is indeed sad.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    To be fair, Monopoly is played by families during long winter evenings when there's not much else to do (plus it has almost nothing to do with real business) and Call of Duty has even worse reputation than these model debating clubs (neckbeards, vulgar 13-year-olds, virgins, other no-lifers, etc.)…

I have to agree with the critique at least partially: the amount of time some of us spend on here is indeed sad.
    You mean like this ?

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

And the vast majority of shooters are completely unrelated to war, a realistic MMS would not sell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And the vast majority of shooters are completely unrelated to war, a realistic MMS would not sell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you would want 1st person shooters to simulate real war :lolwut: ? there is only some much you can do in game development and virtual reality
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    So you would want 1st person shooters to simulate real war :lolwut: ? there is only some much you can do in game development and virtual reality
    The point was merely that the games that have you generally not firing whole clips, that have you "dying" very easily, and seeing combat only every now don't sell as well as the ones where you run around with half a dozen clips and just hold the trigger to kill the non-stop horde of enemies whilst you sponge every bullet on the planet without even flinching.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The point was merely that the games that have you generally not firing whole clips, that have you "dying" very easily, and seeing combat only every now don't sell as well as the ones where you run around with half a dozen clips and just hold the trigger to kill the non-stop horde of enemies whilst you sponge every bullet on the planet without even flinching.
    Like i said you can't include every single aspect of war like situations into a 1st person shooter ! . most 1st person shooters are more about the enjoyment of playing rather than the realism of them .
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Like i said you can't include every single aspect of war like situations into a 1st person shooter ! . most 1st person shooters are more about the enjoyment of playing rather than the realism of them .
    The point was that they are nowhere near realistic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You mean like this ?
    Exactly. That's how I picture most of these guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How about ARMA? Sells rather nicely as far as I know.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Exactly. That's how I picture most of these guys.

How about ARMA? Sells rather nicely as far as I know.
    That is what I was thinking of, doesn't sell that badly all things considered, but nothing on your average fps

Arma 3 has also sold a lot more units than I thought, can't really get into it though, the ridiculous ease of being killed and my lack of patience at times don't go together too well.

P.s. in my defence, I shall say it's still not the most realistic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot of online ideas or forums get criticised. Think of the comments made about Facebook or Mumsnet, for example.

Anyway, back to MHofC business. Given the new members of one of the coalition partners, does the Government plan a ministerial reshuffle soon?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    A lot of online ideas or forums get criticised. Think of the comments made about Facebook or Mumsnet, for example.

Anyway, back to MHofC business. Given the new members of one of the coalition partners, does the Government plan a ministerial reshuffle soon?
    We've already had one
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by barnetlad)

Not again surely?!

There may be (in all likelihood will be) tinkering for the remainder of term, but I'm not planning another total overhaul.

ReputationRep:
    You mean like this ?

Excuse me, that is World of Warcraft
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    January marches on, is can the government offer a more precise time scale for the publication of the budget, or are you going to continue with the typical "it will come when it comes and despite general inactivity from the chancellor we are on schedule"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    January marches on, is can the government offer a more precise time scale for the publication of the budget, or are you going to continue with the typical "it will come when it comes and despite general inactivity from the chancellor we are on schedule"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The budget is nearly complete with all MPs taking an active role in discussing what is included. At the start of term there was difficulty with the Liberal Chancellor being away but now there is a new leader we have appointed a new Chancellor. As a government we would rather take time to publish something than rush something, the quality is what matters, we expect to see a budget shortly.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's coming along but only James Milibanter can give you an actual date. It'll be towards the end of the month. From what's been posted in the Government sub so far, it looking good, but I would say that
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The end of the month.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    The budget is nearly complete with all MPs taking an active role in discussing what is included. At the start of term there was difficulty with the Liberal Chancellor being away but now there is a new leader we have appointed a new Chancellor. As a government we would rather take time to publish something than rush something, the quality is what matters, we expect to see a budget shortly.
    You're better than me at this....

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.