Turn on thread page Beta

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_JW95)
    Just got an email through with the programme for the GEM open day - it's making me really excited but I really wish I wasn't on the waiting list, building my anticipation like this is so torturous when I still don't know if I'll have a place!

Also no letter here either, they're a bit later than they said they'd be!
    Yes received it here as well. Argh I can understand your difficult position!

I hope you get a place. Since there are 100 offers for 87 places, I'm thinking that 14 need to decline before the waiting list starts moving. Considering the top candidates are likely to have multiple offers, it's likely that there will be spaces opening up as they accept other offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbg)

I hope you get a place. Since there are 100 offers for 87 places, I'm thinking that 14 need to decline before the waiting list starts moving. Considering the top candidates are likely to have multiple offers, it's likely that there will be spaces opening up as they accept other offers.
    If it's helps then out of the 16 in my year who were on the waiting list, 7 got an offer. Some people in the waiting list rejected Notts though as they had offers elsewhere so it's not necessarily the top 7 on the waiting list that get offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbg)

Thanks. Having extensively stalked forums from previous years, I have seen that quite a few people have gotten in via the waiting list, so I am reasonably hopeful, but it depends on my position in the waiting list. I've really wanted Notts right from the start so I just need a lucky break now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    If it's helps then out of the 16 in my year who were on the waiting list, 7 got an offer. Some people in the waiting list rejected Notts though as they had offers elsewhere so it's not necessarily the top 7 on the waiting list that get offers
    This also gives me hope... But we shall see. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Any news on the letters yet?

ReputationRep:
    Letter just arrived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilboBaggins)
    Letter just arrived.
    Can I ask, is there anything important in the letter like a deadline of some kind? I'm away from home for a few weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal Consort)
    Can I ask, is there anything important in the letter like a deadline of some kind? I'm away from home for a few weeks!
    It pretty much had the same info as the email except it has a numerical breakdown of panel judgement following the interview.
    Saying that i'm on the waiting list so don't have any deadlines, might be different for offers.

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone else get their letters? I just got home and mine hasn't arrived...

ReputationRep:
    Not got mine either

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't make it to the offer day today. What are people doing about accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel that the feedback on their letters didn't match up to how they felt they did? I felt really happy about a few questions, yet they're the ones I did least well in haha

ReputationRep:
    For any current GEM students, is there any casual reading you'd recommend prior to starting in September? I'll be kicking myself if upon starting I realise I could have done a little prep that would have helped me out loads on the course.

I didn't think to ask on Saturday, but on reflection I don't want to get overwhelmed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbg)
    For any current GEM students, is there any casual reading you'd recommend prior to starting in September? I'll be kicking myself if upon starting I realise I could have done a little prep that would have helped me out loads on the course.

I didn't think to ask on Saturday, but on reflection I don't want to get overwhelmed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once you get your letter it will have a science pack thing to do and an anatomy online package to complete. That's all they say to do no need to do any more than that really. Just enjoy your time off as there isn't much once the course has started

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still haveny had my letter come through... im starting to think its friendly-email-to-sarb time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaaaarome)
    I still haveny had my letter come through... im starting to think its friendly-email-to-sarb time
    I haven't either...

ReputationRep:
    has anyone started to look at accommodation? Can anyone recommend good areas to live in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAM_GA)
    has anyone started to look at accommodation? Can anyone recommend good areas to live in?
    I've started looking on Zoopla etc. I heard Mickleover and Littleover were good places to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    I've started looking on Zoopla etc. I heard Mickleover and Littleover were good places to start.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else finally get their letter today. Slightly confused as to how my scores got me a place, but I'm not complaining!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.