Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring_)
    Predicted 4A* and have been getting low Us in all my recent assessments (with the exception of a D)
    try not to get too stressed,
    most of my geography class last year were getting U's right the way through but with a lot of cramming during Easter School most of us managed do really well (I think only 1 person failed but they hated geography anyway)

ReputationRep:
    As someone who's been through A2s (I'm now at uni) my advice would principally be to work hard throughout the year and it means you don't have to go crazy towards the end.

Big thing would be to treat your Mocks seriously and work for them. For example my history and politics mocks gave me the chance to lock up a large portion of the syllabus and an entire unit respectively (my politics mock was effectively my unit 3 exam) and that went a long way to making it easier down the stretch.

If anyone would like to ask me anything or wants advice or just anything like feel free to message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N1x0N)
    As someone who's been through A2s (I'm now at uni) my advice would principally be to work hard throughout the year and it means you don't have to go crazy towards the end.

Big thing would be to treat your Mocks seriously and work for them. For example my history and politics mocks gave me the chance to lock up a large portion of the syllabus and an entire unit respectively (my politics mock was effectively my unit 3 exam) and that went a long way to making it easier down the stretch.

If anyone would like to ask me anything or wants advice or just anything like feel free to message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what topic did you do for politics?

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice

I got a mid B grade on my Sociology Education paper...think I got 86 UMS out of 120

Debating whether I should retake the paper in the summer...I know people say you should concentrate on A2 because it is worth more....but if i do much better on the retake it means I will need less marks to get an A overall....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    what topic did you do for politics?
    I did Edexcel US Politics for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say it depends on how you feel you're coping with the workload this year. Helped me not having any resits this year but if you feel like it would help and it wouldn't undermine your exams this year then go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N1x0N)
    I did Edexcel US Politics for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how did you find it? was it easier than ideologies?

ReputationRep:
    I did British Government and Politics in Year 12 so I wouldn't know I'm afraid. Provided you keep up with it and read a lot (I mean I just got hooked on it for some reason) it's not bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do a scrap of work up to about 2 months before my A level exams (I'm at uni doing mechanical engineering with AAA in Physics, Maths and Further maths). IMO doing any work prior to this time is wasted as you just forget things

ReputationRep:
    stressed like crazy because I gotta revise for 5 retakes on top of my A2 exams

ReputationRep:
    got mocks back ACD....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    got mocks back ACD....
    that's not bad tbh
    the A let's you know you got that topic under control and your exam technique is fine
    the C let's you know to work on your exam technique for that subject and the 'application' part of A-levels
    and the D let's you know you need to work on your knowledge and content - and exam technique :3

ReputationRep:
    My chemistry teacher used the 2015 f324 paper for my mock )) almost walked out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    that's not bad tbh
    the A let's you know you got that topic under control and your exam technique is fine
    the C let's you know to work on your exam technique for that subject and the 'application' part of A-levels
    and the D let's you know you need to work on your knowledge and content - and exam technique :3
    thanks but tell that to my mum who cant seem to understand that grades fluctuate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    thanks but tell that to my mum who cant seem to understand that grades fluctuate...
    lol don't worry my parents are the same X'D
    on results day last year (AS) i got BBCC and when I called them they were like "don't tell me you got a B - how many Bs did you get"

so i was like ummmm...

and then they were like "if you got a C , don't bother coming home"

X'D

i was pretty happy with my results on the inside though :3
    ignore it - it'll only demotivate you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    My chemistry teacher used the 2015 f324 paper for my mock )) almost walked out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    daymmm 2014 - that's brutal

ReputationRep:
    I feel you, got BBBC at AS last year in subjects Maths, Physics, Economics and Computing respectively.

But I want to do computer science at university.... (Got a C =/)

Kept all four AS levels into A2, somehow got predicted AAAB

Applied to universities, got an AAA offer w/ A in maths from Warwick, super pumped!

It's technically easier for me to achieve AAA if I dropped computing, but I said screw it - I'm going man mode.

Decided to drop economics, Now taking AS computing instead (decided to retake the whole thing.)

This exam season is going to be an absolute showdown for me, really don't want to screw up because I'll end up in Australia...

Let's do this!! :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    daymmm 2014 - that's brutal
    Unfortunately that mock decided whether school will let me apply to uni or not so looks like not anymore been crying all day lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Unfortunately that mock decided whether school will let me apply to uni or not so looks like not anymore been crying all day lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :O
    omg noooo that sucks
    it's okay don't worry you can get your grades and prove them wrong
    you can get those As and apply to the best unis and have a gap year full of fun and wave your uni offers in their face

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.