Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it time Europe bans Islam & muslim immigration? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Every time one of these attacks happens, it's like everyone's brains completely shut down. So can we do just some basic rational thinking? I'll even put it in a conveniently numbered list, so it will be easier to understand.

1. Muslims do denounce terrorist attacks.Literally every time something like this happens, there are swarms of Muslims publicly denouncing it. Are you not on Twitter? Do you not read the damn news? How do you not know this?

2. It's not anyone's fault except, you know, the people who actually did it. So why should they need to denounce it? Are you a Christian? Have you denounced abortion clinic bombings yet? WHY HAVEN'T YOU DENOUNCED THE ****ING ABORTION CLINIC BOMBINGS, YOU CHRISTIAN?

3. Islamic leaders haven't stopped the radicals, because they can't. That's the thing about radicals, they tend to ignore voices of reason. And it's not like the terrorist groups keep all 1.57 billion Muslims in the loop every time they plan an attack.

4. Not all Muslims agree, because for some reason, getting over a billion and a half people to agree on something is really hard. Again, just like with Christians, there are offshoots upon offshoots upon offshoots. If you can find even ten Christians that agree on every aspect of their religion, I will fly to your house and personally give you $100. And yet, somehow, when it comes to Muslims, they're all united in their desire to destroy the West and rain terror down from the heavens.

5. Violent teaching doesn't equal violent people. Just read Leviticus, and then think about how many modern day Jews and Christians stone their unruly children to death. There may be controversial bits in the Quran or hadith, but most sane people living in 2015 don't actually want to go out and do some violence because they read about it in an old book.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    Every time one of these attacks happens, it's like everyone's brains completely shut down. So can we do just some basic rational thinking? I'll even put it in a conveniently numbered list, so it will be easier to understand.

1. Muslims do denounce terrorist attacks.Literally every time something like this happens, there are swarms of Muslims publicly denouncing it. Are you not on Twitter? Do you not read the damn news? How do you not know this?

2. It's not anyone's fault except, you know, the people who actually did it. So why should they need to denounce it? Are you a Christian? Have you denounced abortion clinic bombings yet? WHY HAVEN'T YOU DENOUNCED THE ****ING ABORTION CLINIC BOMBINGS, YOU CHRISTIAN?

3. Islamic leaders haven't stopped the radicals, because they can't. That's the thing about radicals, they tend to ignore voices of reason. And it's not like the terrorist groups keep all 1.57 billion Muslims in the loop every time they plan an attack.

4. Not all Muslims agree, because for some reason, getting over a billion and a half people to agree on something is really hard. Again, just like with Christians, there are offshoots upon offshoots upon offshoots. If you can find even ten Christians that agree on every aspect of their religion, I will fly to your house and personally give you $100. And yet, somehow, when it comes to Muslims, they're all united in their desire to destroy the West and rain terror down from the heavens.

5. Violent teaching doesn't equal violent people. Just read Leviticus, and then think about how many modern day Jews and Christians stone their unruly children to death. There may be violent bits in the Quran or hadith (I have not read much Islamic literature personally, feel free to chime in if you have any relevant quotations), but most sane people living in 2015 don't actually want to go out and do some violence because they read about it in an old book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spot on.
    Muslims,you should never ever ever feel the need to apologise for something you did not take part in! Place no blame on yourself at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    The west has also played a huge part. Get out of the Middle East In that case and let us handle our own business. We don't need foreign troops. Look at what it's created. All these terrorist groups such as ISIS. Western intervention has created the perfect conditions for them to form
    Ah right, that's why this all happened I didn't know that......

So why bombs the world trade centre twice, bomb the us embassy in Kenya and a us warship before the Afghanistan campaign.

Answers on the back of a stamp please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spot on.
    Muslims,you should never ever ever feel the need to apologise for something you did not take part in! Place no blame on yourself at all.
    Culture and society it where it starts otherwise people would take the Old Testament seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interesting Paul. So when the next school shoot out happens in an American school or university are you going to apologise on behave of the White kid that did it and take responsibility? And have you done so too in the past? Answer is no. Islam is not a culture,it is a religion. Know the difference.
    Damn right the answer is no. Why would I a white British male apologise for a white American male that shoots up a school because he is an Elliot Rodgers and THEIR society allows almost everyone to own a gun?

Now if I were an American and that school happened to be all French people for arguments sake then yes why not? After all I would be a member of society that lets that happen.

Further to that I'm talking about society in both a macro and micro sense.

Macro would be the laws that allows it to happen.

Micro would be the friends and family of this person that didn't stop it happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because of the west? Why are they no bombing China or all these other places? What is it about the west that has these jihadists so irritated? Ofcourse the west isn't entirely to blame but to just point fingers entirely at Arabs when you've invaded and ruined their lands completely(Iraq is just complete anarchy now) thanks bush!
    You didn't answer the question what happened before the invasion of Afghanistan to warrant those attacks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Blair and Bush should be trailed for war crimes. They went into an unjust war in Iraq and made extremism grow in the Middle East.
    As a Tory, I must also hold the last coalition Government for supporting the Sunni 'Rebels' in Syria by funding and arming them. The west is partly to blame for the grow of 'ISIS' no question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Damn right the answer is no. Why would I a white British male apologise for a white American male that shoots up a school because he is an Elliot Rodgers and THEIR society allows almost everyone to own a gun?

Now if I were an American and that school happened to be all French people for arguments sake then yes why not? After all I would be a member of society that lets that happen.

Further to that I'm talking about society in both a macro and micro sense.

Macro would be the laws that allows it to happen.

Micro would be the friends and family of this person that didn't stop it happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So why're you asking Muslims to apologise then? Just because they share the same religion. Culture and religion are not the same. Two completely different things so I don't understand how Muslims from around the world are being asked to condemn this. That's none of their business. The majority of Muslims dislike ISIS

ReputationRep:
    we face this kind of atrocity on a daily basis in the ME.
    We

Don't see much of this in London Queeny (yet)

Remind us all were you were born....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    We

Don't see much of this in London Queeny (yet)

Remind us all were you were born....
    Yes we,because I speak on behave on my Arab brothers and sisters. Call me the spokesperson for Arab if you wish. I'm Syrian

ReputationRep:
    It all links back to the west and instability in the region
    No sorry answer the question. What are the specific things that were done to warrant those attacks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes we,because I speak on behave on my Arab brothers and sisters. Call me the spokesperson for Arab if you wish. I'm Syrian
    I don't speak for white people I speak for British people as that is my identity.

Another issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No sorry answer the question. What are the specific things that were done to warrant those attacks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You want me to say because of Islam but guess what,I'm not gonna say it.

ReputationRep:
    So why're you asking Muslims to apologise then? Just because they share the same religion. Culture and religion are not the same. Two completely different things so I don't understand how Muslims from around the world are being asked to condemn this. That's none of their business. The majority of Muslims dislike ISIS
    Culture/Society comes off the back of religion that's where laws and customs started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You want me to say because of Islam but guess what,I'm gonna say it.
    Nope I want you to state the reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good for you sweety!

I speak for British Arabs and Arabs in the Middle East

No issues. You can't expect us to forget all about our motherlands just because we live in the UK
    Perhaps sort out your motherland then

Also what's wrong with saying Syrian? Why must it be Arab

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Culture/Society comes off the back of religion that's where laws and customs started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Interesting. I'm a Christian Arab,I share the same culture as all other Arabs but different religions,so how does that work? Am I too responsible for the attack?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. I'm a Christian Arab,I share the same culture as all other Arabs but different religions,so how does that work? Am I too responsible for the attack?
    Good for you but you lived in a country who's laws and customs come from the dominant religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps stop interfering and funding terrorists and arming them,then maybe we can? But until then nothing is possible
    Western governments are trying to protect their own people.

Western governments get blamed by people in the Middle East or other **** areas in the world if they don't intervene/give them money for aid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try and make your next post one that answers ALL the questions/points posed rather than going off on tangents.

I'm off for a short sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.