Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobkata
Do all Durham colleges have gyms? It is very important for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think most have very basic equipment, if you are serious about working out there is the sports center with a REAl gym.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by EsAnd
Mary's was lovely! Really spacious and modern but still in gorgeous, old and grand buildings (I love classical architechture lol sorry). My friend is there atm and I saw her room and pantry area. Nice room, very clean and in good condition. THe pantry was a small corridor-like room with a fridge and microwave - enough for snacks but apparently the food is really good. There's a chapel in the building which is pretty cool and the college itself is across the road from the science site and main library. Hope this helps! I actually applied to Hatfield as I preferred the location but if I wanted to be near the science site i'd defo have applied to Mary's.

Thank you so much!!! Also I didn't take into consideration where my course is located, do you think this will be a problem?
Original post by NimbleNeil
Hi , sorry if this disappoints you but when I visited St Mary's i too was really looking forwards to it but the rooms were really not nice at all, they seemed unchanged since around the 1960's giving this really musty vibe.
I was really looking forwards to seeing a really classic interior but it just seemed run down.

Ahhhhh okay:frown: I'll just have to see on the applicant day!!
Got a conditional offer to study Music AAB :smile: I just got the offer last night
When will they let us know about what college we have been allocated to? UCAS says around this month (Feb)
Original post by Katiepotaty
Thank you so much!!! Also I didn't take into consideration where my course is located, do you think this will be a problem?

I didn't do that either, but I really hope I get allocated to St Marys (I applied there too)- I visited it on Open Day and I thought it was so pretty! The entrance is really cool, it's all red walls and black and white tiled floors, the style is kind of colonial so it's pretty if you're into that style :smile: also the libraries are really nice and open 24/7 which not all of the college libraries were so this really appealed to me (I'm a massive bookworm) :biggrin:
Original post by bibliophile09
I didn't do that either, but I really hope I get allocated to St Marys (I applied there too)- I visited it on Open Day and I thought it was so pretty! The entrance is really cool, it's all red walls and black and white tiled floors, the style is kind of colonial so it's pretty if you're into that style :smile: also the libraries are really nice and open 24/7 which not all of the college libraries were so this really appealed to me (I'm a massive bookworm) :biggrin:

I'm glad you didn't check either I feel a bit silly now. I found out where the social sciences office is but I don't know if that's a reflection of where I'll be based too? I just hope I like it when I go visit or even get allocated to Mary's as some of the colleges I really don't want to go to!
Originally got rejected for English but then applied through the referral scheme for Education studies (with English) and got an offer today of AAB with A in English :smile: very happy!! Would recommend people to try for the referral scheme if rejected :smile:
Reply 367
Hello everyone!

I have received an offer for Chemistry (A*AA) and I have applied to St Mary's college!
Original post by amybonnie98
Originally got rejected for English but then applied through the referral scheme for Education studies (with English) and got an offer today of AAB with A in English :smile: very happy!! Would recommend people to try for the referral scheme if rejected :smile:

Well done! :smile:))))))
Ahhhhh okay:frown: I'll just have to see on the applicant day!!

This could of course be down to my preferences, the main entrance and dining rooms, the exteriors and the grounds certainly are lovely, it's just the rooms, bathrooms and gym that put me off.
Original post by tilly5798
Got a conditional offer to study Music AAB :smile: I just got the offer last night
When will they let us know about what college we have been allocated to? UCAS says around this month (Feb)

As you got your offer in February you'll probably get allocated in March from my understanding of the system, they do all the pre-Feb allocations in February.
I don't go to Durham uni, however I do study in Durham, so if anyone wants any info about it, feel free to ask me:biggrin:
Original post by Tarte Tatin
I don't go to Durham uni, however I do study in Durham, so if anyone wants any info about it, feel free to ask me:biggrin:

What is the city like? Are there a lot of things to do? I've never been to Durham so don't know what to expect!
Got a chemistry offer yesterday (A*AA) :biggrin:
Subject: International Relations
Offer: AAA
College applied to: St. Mary's

So excited, it's my firm choice!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tarte Tatin

Is the nightlife really that bad????? It's the one thing that's putting me off firming them. I know Newcastle isn't far away and I'm not looking to get absolutely smashed every night of my life but I do want some student life:smile:
Is the nightlife really that bad????? It's the one thing that's putting me off firming them. I know Newcastle isn't far away and I'm not looking to get absolutely smashed every night of my life but I do want some student life:smile:

Apparently Klute was voted the worst nightclub in Europe 😂😂. Nightlife is pretty important to me, too, but I love it so much I'm willing to firm and take a train to Newcastle to go out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PunkyCupcake
Apparently Klute was voted the worst nightclub in Europe 😂😂. Nightlife is pretty important to me, too, but I love it so much I'm willing to firm and take a train to Newcastle to go out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newcastle is absolutely mental on a night out (I'm local lass). Hen parties and stag dos everywhere. You have to be careful whereabouts you go mind because it's lethal. It's not right next to Durham, but however dead Durham may be at night, Newcastle more than makes up for it.
Got my Durham offer for Law finally! Now to decide between Durham and LSE...:h:
Both are prestigious. I guess it depends on whether you want to live in a big city or have a campus life in a city/town. For me, it'd be Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest