Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Which is why your right is dead and the basis of your negotiations are "who is giving us more titles?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Firstly, I only negotiated with Labour. I wasn't involved in negotiations with the Tories - Jarred was doing that. We put all deals to the party and it's democratically selected. To suggest we chase titles is absurd - We gave up arguably the most powerful position (The Chancellorship) as we felt Labour had better suited members to it.

The suggestion that the right of my party is dead is just as absurd. Do I have to tag them all again?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Camoron)
    Haha, I have used it since 4 years ago for university purposes. I followed that tracker thing, not sure if it still exists. I actually made an account to ask about university and loan specific issues, haven't used it for years, for details. I got into politics around the same time and everyone and then around EU elections, general elections, Scottish referendum and now EU referendum. As a staunch eurosceptic I really want to voice my opinion as I believe the EU question is very important. For a while I thought this TSR commons was suppose to reflect the actual elections standings and as I read into it I found out what it was and was interested. But I rarely came on here, especially during dull political periods, i would just pop on to see political opinion.
    Fair enough
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    When did you start becoming a comedian Nigel? You're better at it than getting into Government.....

I don't feel the need to defend my party when you're obviously incorrect.
    If the Conservatives approached the Liberals offering the Liberal three of four Great Offices, the whipping of MPs to pass three Liberal manifesto pledges, and an equal partnership, I will predict you would encourage the Liberals to accept the offer. As the Conservatives are not selling themselves out, nor promising lots of fancy, fictitious titles, the Liberals are not interested in the offer. For a leader who goes to great lengths to convince all members the Liberal Party leans right, the Liberal leader is very happy to let the social democrat side dominate, or the appetite for virtual power dominate.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Firstly, I only negotiated with Labour. I wasn't involved in negotiations with the Tories - Jarred was doing that. We put all deals to the party and it's democratically selected. To suggest we chase titles is absurd - We gave up arguably the most powerful position (The Chancellorship) as we felt Labour had better suited members to it.

The suggestion that the right of my party is dead is just as absurd. Do I have to tag them all again?
    Do you have to tell us when they last contributed because you're looking at quite a long time for quite a few of them? When was the last time MM posted, about 3 months ago? Before that something like another 6? When was the last time Tahret or Jarred did anything? Thb? Toronto does little because of his position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Or was it because Jarred knew he wouldn't have enough time/patience/dedication to write the sodding budget?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

The right of your party is; Toronto who rarely participates in debates and seems to be here to be Deputy Speaker, thehistorybore has not posted in weeks, JoeL1994 is active but is very happy to appease social democrats by voting to give poor people a £7000 tax bill, the others I do not consider right-wing.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    If the Conservatives approached the Liberals offering the Liberal three of four Great Offices, the whipping of MPs to pass three Liberal manifesto pledges, and an equal partnership, I will predict you would encourage the Liberals to accept the offer. As the Conservatives are not selling themselves out, nor promising lots of fancy, fictitious titles, the Liberals are not interested in the offer. For a leader who goes to great lengths to convince all members the Liberal Party leans right, the Liberal leader is very happy to let the social democrat side dominate, or the appetite for virtual power dominate.
    We're a Centrist party - we're obviously going to take whatever the better offer is, regardless if its Labour or the Tories offering it. I certainly don't go to great lengths to convince people we lean right as we're a centrist party. We are in Government with a Centre-Left party, so the Government is going to be left of centre. How that is power seeking I do not know? Am I not meant to go into Government at all unless its with the right? Instead of being so damn salty, focus on your own party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Or was it because Jarred knew he wouldn't have enough time/patience/dedication to write the sodding budget?
    Jarred did write a budget though, didn't he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Jarred did write a budget though, didn't he?
    Yes, he did write one in cooperation with Qwertish years ago, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he did write one in cooperation with Qwertish years ago, I believe.
    Ahh okay. I thought his name rang a bell.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    We're a Centrist party - we're obviously going to take whatever the better offer is, regardless if its Labour or the Tories offering it. I certainly don't go to great lengths to convince people we lean right as we're a centrist party. We are in Government with a Centre-Left party, so the Government is going to be left of centre. How that is power seeking I do not know? Am I not meant to go into Government at all unless its with the right? Instead of being so damn salty, focus on your own party.
    The Liberal Party is not a centrist party, that is a line used to justify being power hungry for virtual power. The line changes in different situations, the line used to be the Liberal Party was left-leaning, then the line said the Liberal Party was right-leaning but had to make compromises in a coalition with Labour, now the line is the Liberal Party is centrist; the Liberals need to make their mind up. A coalition with Labour was chosen over a coalition with the Tories because Labour promised the Liberals more titles, I have it on very good word the Liberals did not have a party-wide vote on coalition options, only one proposal was put to the party.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Are you sure you aren't confusing TSR and RL, because it might be a bit of a push to call TSR labour centre left, tbh as time goes on the same will be said of RL labour but there is enough holding on to the manifesto for the time being.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Do you have to tell us when they last contributed because you're looking at quite a long time for quite a few of them? When was the last time MM posted, about 3 months ago? Before that something like another 6? When was the last time Tahret or Jarred did anything? Thb? Toronto does little because of his position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jarred defined as Centrist and I am not counting Tahret or MM. Thb has been patchy with activity recently but will be back and properly active soon. Toronto plays a big role internally but also has to carry out his duties as Deputy Speaker. JoeL1994 is active, as is Imperion and myself. Josb also was active, but he hasn't been online for a few days as I believe he got a new job.

I actually gave it up as Leader, after he had faded into literally nothing without as much as a "See ya"

The right of your party is; Toronto who rarely participates in debates and seems to be here to be Deputy Speaker, thehistorybore has not posted in weeks, JoeL1994 is active but is very happy to appease social democrats by voting to give poor people a £7000 tax bill, the others I do not consider right-wing.
    See my reply to JD.

Frankly, I do not care much about your opinion of my party. As long as my party continues to propose and pass Liberal Policy, I am happy. We do not care about positions or "virtual power". We care about policy and frankly, Labour are currently more Liberal than the Tories so we went with them. If I had been Leader at the last election, I would have spoken to the Tories about which of our policies they would support, and if they were in favour of the majority we may have had a different Government. The feeling I got from Jarred personally is that the Tories weren't as in favour of our policies as Labour was at the time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Jarred defined as Centrist and I am not counting Tahret or MM. Thb has been patchy with activity recently but will be back and properly active soon. Toronto plays a big role internally but also has to carry out his duties as Deputy Speaker. JoeL1994 is active, as is Imperion and myself. Josb also was active, but he hasn't been online for a few days as I believe he got a new job.

I actually gave it up as Leader, after he had faded into literally nothing without as much as a "See ya"

See my reply to JD.

Frankly, I do not care much about your opinion of my party. As long as my party continues to propose and pass Liberal Policy, I am happy. We do not care about positions or "virtual power". We care about policy and frankly, Labour are currently more Liberal than the Tories so we went with them. If I had been Leader at the last election, I would have spoken to the Tories about which of our policies they would support, and if they were in favour of the majority we may have had a different Government. The feeling I got from Jarred personally is that the Tories weren't as in favour of our policies as Labour was at the time.
    So it's not about power, but you still go for power?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Are you sure you aren't confusing TSR and RL, because it might be a bit of a push to call TSR labour centre left, tbh as time goes on the same will be said of RL labour but there is enough holding on to the manifesto for the time being.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're probably right there actually. At the time of the last election, they were arguably closer to Centre-left but they have drifted.

The Liberal Party is not a centrist party, that is a line used to justify being power hungry for virtual power. The line changes in different situations, the line used to be the Liberal Party was left-leaning, then the line said the Liberal Party was right-leaning but had to make compromises in a coalition with Labour, now the line is the Liberal Party is centrist; the Liberals need to make their mind up. A coalition with Labour was chosen over a coalition with the Tories because Labour promised the Liberals more titles, I have it on very good word the Liberals did not have a party-wide vote on coalition options, only one proposal was put to the party.

I have never said we were left leaning or right leaning so I do not know where you are getting that from. I may have said "we currently have more left of centre members" or vice versa, but that does not solely define our parties position.

Bold bit: I'd prefer if you didn't spread absolute bullsh*t thanks. I'm happy to post a screenshot of the thread but it won't be necessary
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    So it's not about power, but you still go for power?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Being in Government gives us a better opportunity to pass Policy. We seek power indirectly due to wanting to pass Policies, rather than directly desiring titles and power

ReputationRep:
    So it was you who couldn't be arsed to do it, not a generous sacrifice. At least you're honest. :laugh:

Bold bit: I'd prefer if you didn't spread absolute bullsh*t thanks. I'm happy to post a screenshot of the thread but it won't be necessary
    May I actually see that, please?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    So it was you who couldn't be arsed to do it. At least you're honest. :laugh:

May I actually see that, please?
    Honestly, I am nowhere near competent enough at economics to do it I'll happily admit that

If you're serious, I'll PM you. You might not like the poll result though
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If the Liberals were concerned with policy the Liberal would have managed to implement Liberal policies, but for all of the Liberal policies in the Liberal manifesto, only one has been approved because it was in a Statement of Intent, for the others there has been talk of them but nothing to make the Liberal manifesto pledges a real thing. The Liberals cannot be serious about making decisions based on policy if achieving one policy out of many in 3000 hours of government is seen as a success.

I may have been lied to by a Liberal member which is a possibility, seeing a screenshot with the poll, and the content of the proposed coalitions would help clear up any doubt members not in the Liberals have. It would be very suspicious if you refused to post the needed screenshots to dispel lies after making the offer in your previous comment.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Being in Government gives us a better opportunity to pass Policy. We seek power indirectly due to wanting to pass Policies, rather than directly desiring titles and power
    It also dilutes the policy and lead to you pricing people out of London making parts of it even more the haven of the rich, before trying to fix this by decreasing the cost in London in exchange for increasing the cost everywhere that isn't fairly central in major cities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.