1460302713415.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Hahaha, yeh - find it's very much a move when I need it kinda thing!
    Trouble is, none of my old computer's USB ports work and it doesn't like Gmail or Dropbox any more so I'm kind of stuck
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Trouble is, none of my old computer's USB ports work and it doesn't like Gmail or Dropbox any more so I'm kind of stuck
    STRANGE :holmes: you should just take the hard drive out and put it in a case and then just plug that into your laptop...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    STRANGE :holmes: you should just take the hard drive out and put it in a case and then just plug that into your laptop...
    Now that's an idea......you may have just made my life easier, I'll remember you when I'm rich and famous
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Now that's an idea......you may have just made my life easier, I'll remember you when I'm rich and famous
    Of course it's an idea... it's my idea

It's ok, you won't be able to forget me when I'm richer and more famous.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    *cough*Elton John and David Furnish*cough*

I feel your pain, I replaced my elderly and malfunctioning HP with a Mac and literally 90% of my school notes are still on the HP Very annoying now that I'm revising.
    So because you can be name one case where somebody has a husband and is male it is no longer true that generally people with husbands are female? Care to show me the stats showing there are more married gay men than married heterosexual women?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Jammy its not that the public dont understand that what ian cameron did was legal. Its the fact that the majority of the public see that kind of tax avoidance from our PM akin to aggressive tax avoidance or even evasion. When DC, in a very one nation manner, criticised jimmy carr for tax avoidance and has benefitted from offshore investments himself. When DC expects the ordinary folk to fund his governments plans, the fact that he had benefitted from tax avoidance hits them hard. Nobody is saying that its illegal, but it is immoral, which is why he got rid of them before becomming pm and why it took him 5 days to come clean about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Except the very misunderstanding is either that it is for tax avoidance, or that every business in the world should be registered in Britain no matter how uncompetitive we are

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Except the very misunderstanding is either that it is for tax avoidance, or that every business in the world should be registered in Britain no matter how uncompetitive we are

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have a lower corporation tax rate than the usa and most of Europe, weve just lowered cgt. We're hardly uncompetitive.

The point is that it was registered in a tax haven, not just offshore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    So because you can be name one case where somebody has a husband and is male it is no longer true that generally people with husbands are female? Care to show me the stats showing there are more married gay men than married heterosexual women?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought you meant generally in the sense of 'this is always the case but I am being slightly sarcastic' rather than in the literal sense.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I thought you meant generally in the sense of 'this is always the case but I am being slightly sarcastic' rather than in the literal sense.
    I meant it in both senses; no **** sherlock, that is almost always the case

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    We have a lower corporation tax rate than the usa and most of Europe, weve just lowered cgt. We're hardly uncompetitive.

The point is that it was registered in a tax haven, not just offshore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are also about 30 or so places lower than us and many have other benefits we don't have, or has sterling been pegged to the dollar all this time without me realising?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There are also about 30 or so places lower than us and many have other benefits we don't have, or has sterling been pegged to the dollar all this time without me realising?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    30 or so places out of how many in the world? Also, how many of those places have a larger economy than our own?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    30 or so places out of how many in the world? Also, how many of those places have a larger economy than our own?
    As I recall there are 200, give or take, states in the world, and what makes you think that GDP of the state you are registering is a big deal, the regulations are far more important than GDP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As I recall there are 200, give or take, states in the world, and what makes you think that GDP of the state you are registering is a big deal, the regulations are far more important than GDP.
    I agree, regulations are important, it means that the quality of our goods is greater and the consumers are greater protected. I'd rather the businesses looking to shaft the public stay elsewhere.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I agree, regulations are important, it means that the quality of our goods is greater and the consumers are greater protected. I'd rather the businesses looking to shaft the public stay elsewhere.
    You really have no clue what you are wittering about, do you. Why do you believe GDP, whether that be nominal, PPP, either of those per capita, is at all important when it comes to deciding where to base or register a business? And you're still sounding like you belong in Labour.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You really have no clue what you are wittering about, do you. Why do you believe GDP, whether that be nominal, PPP, either of those per capita, is at all important when it comes to deciding where to base or register a business? And you're still sounding like you belong in Labour.
    "the public shouldn't be shafted" - sounds like Labour

Okay Jammy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I thought they were a 14-15 year old boy.
    It teaches you not to make assumptions, then!

I'm 18.

ReputationRep:
    Aph I could also have been homosexual LOL.

ReputationRep:
    I actually regret marrying young TBH. A few months into the marriage, and I already has... suscpicions. My cousin told me, "Once a cheat, always a cheat!" but I was totally head over heels.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Aph I could also have been homosexual LOL.
    Are you...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.