Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Driving instructor has decided to start pushing me a lot more to become more confident when driving. Had a lesson today and I was feeling iffy so texted her before hand and just said can we just do manoeuvres where we live please instead of going into the big town. She was fine with that.

She then proceeded to push me a little bit far when we where doing a reverse around a corner I hadn't had done before and it was like a really dodgy, s shaped bend. I knew what I was doing, it went fine after I tried it again.

Just feel like I'm getting more and more moments of omg and freaking out about stuff when I'm driving and I honestly think it's threatening to turn into something that I'm gonna find harder and harder and I just don't know how to admit it without ending up in a mess. :cry2:

Different account because I use MHSS already with my main account, but I need to get away from that account for a few days.

Everything is so hard right now. I'm struggling so much but I'm managing to hide it well. I don't want to worry my boyfriend tbh because he doesn't deserve it. I look like I'm ok. I'm trying to function normally. But the noises won't stop and in my volunteering yesterday I was convinced I was being followed. :cry2:

If you recognise me, please don't publicise it. PM me instead.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offer from Kingston to study MSc Clinical psychology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    PSROM. :hugs: Congratulations.

-----------------

Feeling pretty bad atm. Trying to ignore the voices but it's really just pointless because they're never going to go away.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling pretty crappy right now. Emotions are all over the place. This last week of uni is really getting to me as my assignments are all nearly due in. Cant cope. got exam results back which are worse than what i expected but i still passed which is a plus...?? i know i can complete them all in time but something is telling me that i wont... :/

ReputationRep:
    :woo: congratulations!

--

Have had the worse day I've had for awhile. Really fed up with college and have decided I'm going to not go to a certain class of mine next week at least. I need to put my mental health first and it seems like people just aren't getting it because I'm struggling and they can see it yet they seem to not give a ****.

Hilarious isn't it how everyone suddenly disappears when you stop pretending to smile and actually need them. such is life i guess :/
    And Deyesy thank you for your lovely pm :hugs: will reply later tonight x
    hope everyone is well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hilarious isn't it how everyone suddenly disappears when you stop pretending to smile and actually need them. such is life i guess :/
    And Deyesy thank you for your lovely pm :hugs: will reply later tonight x
    hope everyone is well
    There's no rush :hugs: I'm going to be stuck by my laptop until 1am-ish I'd of thought revising for this exam on Friday

ReputationRep:
    **** yeah, Noodlzzz! :five: That's really awesome go you!

ReputationRep:
    Pushed my boundaries today, and really seem to be working with the anxiety. Feel drained now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Pushed my boundaries today, and really seem to be working with the anxiety. Feel drained now though
    That's great, well done

Pushing boundaries can be really challenging but it's great you managed it. Keep trying and you can conquer this anxiety!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, congrats! I study at Kingston now, it's a really nice uni, you'd have fun there

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm due to go back to my hometown this weekend but I'm having mixed thoughts about it. I love my family and I'm looking forward to seeing them (and my pets who my mum is looking after til my partner and I get a bigger place) but I have a lot of bad memories of my hometown so I'm dreading it and feeling anxious at the same time. It probably doesn't help that two of the people who harassed me live in the same street as my mum who'll I be staying with; although neither of them have said/done anything to me for a few years.

I'm considering applying for a masters starting in September which is related to a field I'm interested in working in. I meet the entry requirements and also doing/have done relevant volunteering and part time courses. I am worried that I might not be able to cope with it: although I was also concerned about working again and Ive been doing that for just over a month with no major problems. I do feel a lot better now compared to how I was last year shortly after my breakdown but I think I'm going to stay on my meds or at least try a lower dose rather than go completely off them like I did in the past.

Been arguing with my mum quite a lot recently (like this past week) because what I wanna do with my life isn't something she agrees with (even though it's not even bad)
    Woke up this morning to find my phone confiscated and swapped out for a brick
    I don't understand why she can't just have a conversation with me and she just swaps my phone out like what the **** :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Just had a physical fight with my dad :cry2:

Feel horrible tbh, so many palpitations and feel physically sick with anxiety
    and Midnightmemories what your friend did is awful, noone especially someone as lovely as you should be treated like that :hugs: x

ReputationRep:
    someone please remind me why i do my job?
    spoilered for abuse talk and violent behaviour

Spoiler:
    Show
    was at work tonight, the session i hate, but i was doing it anyway as it needed cover. it was a crazy session as normal, the young people were little shits as normal. but never been verbally abused like this before, a young person was holding a container of water, and told me that if it was filled with petrol he would pour it all over me, and toast marshmallows off my burning body

****ing hate my job sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Papa got a phone call at 2am from the transplant team, they have told him to be on alert today and have his bag ready for hospital! He'll know for sure if he's getting the op later on today but it's looking promising. Best news I've ever woke up to! We are all a mix of nerves, excited and everything else under the sun!

Can barely type this message from happy tears and nerves :laugh: will keep you all updated :hugs:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Papa got a phone call at 2am from the transplant team, they have told him to be on alert today and have his bag ready for hospital! He'll know for sure if he's getting the op later on today but it's looking promising. Best news I've ever woke up to! We are all a mix of nerves, excited and everything else under the sun!

Can barely type this message from happy tears and nerves :laugh: will keep you all updated :hugs:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hope it goes well!

-----
    I'm so confused
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Had a hospital appointment yesterday, they prescribed me peroxetine for something unrelated but said it should help depression side too. My mum said I wasn't depressed, he said I quite clearly was. Then they didn't have it so said get my gp to prescribe but he won't cus it's not allowed any more or something so given me sertraline (sp?) which should do the same thing but he doesn't know about MH stuff and I should have said but couldn't because my mum was there trying to explain stuff as I can't talk to people well. And confused about it all anyway and too tired and ill and don't know what to do. Also got told off for losing weight again for the third time in two days which is just ****. I don't even know if this makes sense, sorry for anyone trying to read it. So much more to it than that but just needed to vent a bit :/

But yeah, anyone been on sertraline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    -----
    I'm so confused
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Had a hospital appointment yesterday, they prescribed me peroxetine for something unrelated but said it should help depression side too. My mum said I wasn't depressed, he said I quite clearly was. Then they didn't have it so said get my gp to prescribe but he won't cus it's not allowed any more or something so given me sertraline (sp?) which should do the same thing but he doesn't know about MH stuff and I should have said but couldn't because my mum was there trying to explain stuff as I can't talk to people well. And confused about it all anyway and too tired and ill and don't know what to do. Also got told off for losing weight again for the third time in two days which is just ****. I don't even know if this makes sense, sorry for anyone trying to read it. So much more to it than that but just needed to vent a bit :/

But yeah, anyone been on sertraline?
    :jumphug:

I've been on Sertraline on and off (they put me on Venlafaxine for no good reason for about 6 months at one point, grrr) for almost 5 years. It's been quite effective for me in stabilising my mood, without cutting off my ability to feel or anything.

My current psychiatrist (who is very intelligent. I mean, all psychs must be intelligent, but she is ESPECIALLY intelligent) once said to me that if she had to take an antidepressant herself, Sertraline would be her drug of choice :yep:

Try it and see how you go. Any questions, do feel free to PM. I'm not really around here much atm xxx

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.