Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    i know what they are.

I know but if DC had dismissed a LD back in 2012 without cleggys permission or consultantion things would have been bad. Indeed, whenever the left are in power only the party leader in charge of the minister can dismiss them and not the PM.
    I suggest you go preach your procedural opinions to people who are interested in hearing them.

ReputationRep:
    Trouble in paradise it seems .... Interesting Petros is not here defending his Party

I say make way for the government that can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Trouble in paradise it seems .... Interesting Petros is not here defending his Party

I say make way for the government that can
    Hazzer, don't get me started or I'll say and do things we'll both regret (but mostly you).

ReputationRep:
    My honour goes beyond supporting this bill, you made this a choice between standing for what I believe in or supporting this bill, I chose to stand for my beliefs and that to me is more important than any position you could offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    My honour goes beyond supporting this bill, you made this a choice between standing for what I believe in or supporting this bill, I chose to stand for my beliefs and that to me is more important than any position you could offer.
    did you not have the balls to say this before the bill was released?

ReputationRep:
    Well, it saves you from having to make excuses about not doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely see eye to eye with you but you just earned a lot of respect.

ReputationRep:
    An honourable MP would argue for their beliefs, an honourable MP would not ignore debate, refuse to make their feelings known to their leader, and leave the government's authority in ruin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    did you not have the balls to say this before the bill was released?
    I had informed petros and the rest of my party my position.

ReputationRep:
    #Nigel4ForeignSecretary

ReputationRep:
    I had informed petros and the rest of my party my position.
    If you informed PetrosAC of your decision, but the Liberal leader still refused vetoing the bill to make it a Conservative Party bill, the Liberal leader is more incompetent than I though: you should call a VoNC in Petros.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    If you informed PetrosAC of your decision, but the Liberal leader still refused vetoing the bill to make it a Conservative Party bill, the Liberal leader is more incompetent than I though: you should call a VoNC in Petros.
    Petros is a good leader who I have the upmost respect for, I would say he is the most honourable leader in MHoC

ReputationRep:
    Petros is a good leader who I have the upmost respect for, I would say he is the most honourable leader in MHoC
    I take that to mean that, as per usual, you were being a voting robot and didn't bother saying "actually, I don't like this"

ReputationRep:
    prsom

r00d

ReputationRep:
    You have an odd perception of honour when the member you are calling honourable does not have the decency to tell his coalition partner the bill should be submitted as a Conservative bill because it will not be supported by all Liberal MPs, however, I believe you told Petros of your position after the bill was submitted, making you as much to blame as Petros.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I take that to mean that, as per usual, you were being a voting robot and didn't bother saying "actually, I don't like this"
    joecphillips is probably in the 10 most active MHoC users at the moment; calling him a 'voting robot' is misplaced.

ReputationRep:
    You have an odd perception of honour when the member you are calling honourable does not have the decency to tell his coalition partner the bill should be submitted as a Conservative bill because it will not be supported by all Liberal MPs, however, I believe you told Petros of your position after the bill was submitted which makes you as much to blame as Petros.
    Petros respected my opinion and despite trying to convince me otherwise accepted my position, to me that is the making of a good leader rather than someone who doesn't respect people's opinions and demands they vote against their beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    Petros respected my opinion and despite trying to convince me otherwise accepted my position, to me that is the making of a good leader rather than someone who doesn't respect people's opinions and demands they vote against their beliefs.
    Way to throw your leader under the bus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have an odd perception of honour when the member you are calling honourable does not have the decency to tell his coalition partner the bill should be submitted as a Conservative bill because it will not be supported by all Liberal MPs, however, I believe you told Petros of your position after the bill was submitted, making you as much to blame as Petros.
    In all fairness, Petros allowing it to run as a government bill improved its chances of passing as at least some of the Liberals will have been more likely to vote in favour or abstain as a result.

ReputationRep:
    If all government MPs had voted aye on that bill, it would have passed. This government couldn't even manage to get its MPs to vote for a government bill! What's the point in having this government if it cannot even pass its policies?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.