Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I was asking myself how i should split my applications between locations as French and Arabic are my mother tongs .Will it be better for me to apply to Middle east/Africa region or concentrate on London. By the way , I'm an international student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamertnh)
    I feeling even more stupid now I just looked again and cant seem under additional documents section, and doubled check the others. I remember having to do those for the spring week, are you apply for the 2017 summer analyst investment banking role.

Thanks for the help
    I also applied for IBD and I couldn't find any place to upload a CL. I also know for a fact that there were no mandatory motivational questions because I didn't have to answer any. Thought it seemed weird but that was the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Can you put an internship that you are currently undertaking down on your cv and apply or do you have to wait until youre finished?
    Of course you can, why wouldn't you? You can put anything you like on your CV. I'm currently interning in reinsurance and will be until September and that's going on my CV that I am submitting now.

ReputationRep:
    everyone applying as early as poss or waiting to meet with careers service etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamertnh)
    Credit Suisse is also open. You guys who are waiting before sending in your applications seem to be split between people waiting to finish a internship so they can add to their CV and those it want to take more time on their application.

Also JP does not seem to have a cover letter or am I being a idiot and not seeing it
    So no cover letter and no tests? Are there any competency questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)
    CS open for final years?

ReputationRep:
    credit suisse is saying i can apply for two posts at once, do i apply for off cycle and full time? will they look at this is a bad way at all?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to this topic I immediately started to apply for a Summer Internship spot in Markets/S&T. I started with GS and JPM (no tests) but I'm having some problems:

1) JP is open but I cannot complete the application (Markets) as I cannot select 1st, 2nd and 3rd preferences. Anyone can tell me whether I am the only one having this problem ? Am I doing something the wrong way ?
    2) Is GS Securities Summer Internship open ? Otherwise I cannot explain why the section "position preference" is still incomplete despite the fact that I cannot find what is missing (so maybe it is incomplete because Summer Internship is still not open)

Thank you for your answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdc23)
    Thanks to this topic I immediately started to apply for a Summer Internship spot in Markets/S&T. I started with GS and JPM (no tests) but I'm having some problems:

1) JP is open but I cannot complete the application (Markets) as I cannot select 1st, 2nd and 3rd preferences. Anyone can tell me whether I am the only one having this problem ? Am I doing something the wrong way ?
    2) Is GS Securities Summer Internship open ? Otherwise I cannot explain why the section "position preference" is still incomplete despite the fact that I cannot find what is missing (so maybe it is incomplete because Summer Internship is still not open)

Thank you for your answers
    yep its very early in the applying season so probably the application terminal isnt properly oiled yet - dont worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    do asset management firms/hedge funds do summer interns actively for students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)
    there is a cover letter for CS. I was talking about JP were I think there is no cover letter

ReputationRep:
    jp ibd open?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    jp ibd open?
    yup FT and summer

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in thinking UBS does not ask for a CV or CL on their application? Or do they ask for it after you submit? For FT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Am I right in thinking UBS does not ask for a CV or CL on their application? Or do they ask for it after you submit? For FT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't ask for it at all. The application form effectively covers everything in a CV and CL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingSweden)
    I also applied for IBD and I couldn't find any place to upload a CL. I also know for a fact that there were no mandatory motivational questions because I didn't have to answer any. Thought it seemed weird but that was the case.
    I know did you put a Cover letter under you CV, seems a bit extra to do that

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone confirm that there are no online aptitude tests for JPM and a few others? That's the only thing holding me back from applying, I was gonna start practicing the SHL aptitude tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    Can anyone confirm that there are no online aptitude tests for JPM and a few others? That's the only thing holding me back from applying, I was gonna start practicing the SHL aptitude tests
    There are none for GS and JPM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's the best thing I've heard for a while, perhaps they will start dishing out the tests via email in September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    jp ibd open?
    Yes

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.