Anyone here do Greek? Illiad's killing me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    Is anyone here taking Latin for Alevel?
    of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    Anyone here do Greek? Illiad's killing me lol
    I do greek, but we didn't do verse: good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to join your little forum. Firstly, hi! Nice to see other students ploughing through the exorbitant workload of GCSE Latin. I also joined halfway through year 10 and caught up so I feel you. Now, I wanted to ask. Is anybody else doing the sources exam? I'm afraid I'm quite confused by the matter - having had no teacher input - and would be eternally grateful to whomever might be able to offer me any guidance. (I did Catullus and Ovid too and the 8 and 10 mark questions were a gift. Some of the smaller questions were meaner like the Jupiter one which I thought was unreasonable; the first language paper was kind of easy when you compare it to the second which was clumsier and took some working out and deciphering). If anybody could give me any advice, I'm afraid, having attempted a few past papers, I'm rather distressed.
    Many thanks,
    Andrei

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martins1)
    This.
    Minimus was amazing:
    Noli tangere Rufe!
    Noli lacrimare Rufe!
    The nostalgia... my days - Year 5 and minimus was so fun.
    Thank The Lord someone else knows Minimus!
    It was what brought me to love Latin, and I was fascinated that we got the word York from Eboracum...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepsi Cola :))
    I honestly think I would cry with happiness if I got an A* in Latin For me it was definitely the subject that needed the most amount of work, so fingers crossed #YouBetterPrayForMe 😂😂 Oooh look at those hashtags comin' back 😂 Aww you were alone in Latin class 😢 That must have been a tough journey; I think I would've died if I hadn't had the others in my class to complain about how hard it is 😂 Oh and don't worry m8, you can always rely on me to stalk you 👌🏼

Yours sincerely,

Your stalker xx 😂😂 I crack myself up 😂
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    [/QUOTE]

Believe me, I still get to make out that Latin is hard to my fellow people; in French lessons, I'd often complain to my teacher that she only said "present verb", and not "present indicative first person singular intransitive verb" 😂😂

I highly doubt I'll get an a* in Latin, but at least I know it will be one of my best grades.

From,

Your stalkee xx 😂😂😉🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, I still get to make out that Latin is hard to my fellow people; in French lessons, I'd often complain to my teacher that she only said "present verb", and not "present indicative first person singular intransitive verb" 😂😂

I highly doubt I'll get an a* in Latin, but at least I know it will be one of my best grades.

From,

Your stalkee xx 😂😂😉🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

sounds like you know your stuff so im sure u will be fine dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igggy)

From,

Your stalkee xx 😂😂😉🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sounds like you know your stuff so im sure u will be fine dont worry[/QUOTE]

In terms of "knowing my stuff", that's just from having studied language as a form for a long time 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igggy)

From,

Your stalkee xx 😂😂😉🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sounds like you know your stuff so im sure u will be fine dont worry[/QUOTE]

It turned out I wasn't fine.

I got a C

One of my lowest grades- the other lowest was biology, in which I got a C as well.

ReputationRep:
    can someone dm me questions

ReputationRep:
    Fuzz13 can you please dm me the questions too. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone got a mark scheme for it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey just came across this thread! Was wondering if anyone could send me the questions or answers for the Latin 2016 language paper 2? Would be so grateful for any help thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.