Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1asdfghjkl1)
    I did the same, how many marks do u think we would lose out of 5? I reckon we could be given at least 2 - for integrating currently and finding the value at t=3?
    Didnt it say "in the third second" hence implying the integral had limits 4,3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linaxq)
    1. Can someone explain how youll lose marks for sig figs

for example for lambda and c i did the fractions but wrote next to them the decimal to one decimal place and the degrees of the projectile below the hotizontal to eith 73.6 or 73.63
    You lose 1 accuracy mark for rounding to the wrong degree of accuracy. When you use g, you should give values to 2sf or 3sf. If they ask for it rounded to a certain degree otherwise they'll ask, otherwise I used two.

For g questions they only penalise this once per question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartalan73)
    what numbers did you use to get that angle? 0.83 and ?
    You have to look at the shape of the object to work out 66.4 its 45 +arctan 0.83: the opposite or adjecent side of the triangle. Since the triangle is isoceles with 45 degrees angle.

ReputationRep:
    1. Can someone explain how youll lose marks for sig figs

for example for lambda and c i did the fractions but wrote next to them the decimal to one decimal place and the degrees of the projectile below the hotizontal to eith 73.6 or 73.63
    COM didnt want any decimals. Anything where you used 9.8 should be to 2 S.Fs but they allow 3 S.Fs. any more than that means no marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rgrewall)
    1st second: 0-1
    2nd second: 1-2
    3rd second: 2-3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    You would need 70
    70 marks for C3 and C4? If you can, please explain.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rgrewall)
    3 rd second is 2-3, since 0-1 , 1-2 is 2 seconds

ReputationRep:
    Poll for the UK paper: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171568

ReputationRep:
    Do errors get carried forward? Like I used 0.x instead of X for a calculation and it changed all my answers up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    Oops

ReputationRep:
    how many marks do you think i'll lose for b and c if i got lambda wrong in 6a but then did the right method onwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChilliLemon)
    100% in the bag my friend!!!
    Yeah man 100% but i failed so hard in fp2 -15 marks. So i have to do well in fp3, what about you? Any more exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaOtter)
    COM didnt want any decimals. Anything where you used 9.8 should be to 2 S.Fs but they allow 3 S.Fs. any more than that means no marks.
    so 73.3 and 10.44 no marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Yeah I got this too - you're right
    I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

0-1 is the 1st second.
    1-2 is the 2nd second.
    2-3 is the 3rd second.

So if you integrate between 2 and 3 you get 11/3m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    You lose 1 accuracy mark for rounding to the wrong degree of accuracy. When you use g, you should give values to 2sf or 3sf. If they ask for it rounded to a certain degree otherwise they'll ask, otherwise I used two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    what annoys me is that I did that first then crossed it out

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get 1.22 as their distance for the centre of mass?

ReputationRep:
    73.3 is right but 10.44 is wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)

For Q4a) I got the 0.8299 but managed to round it to 0.823 so will I just lose the 1 accuracy mark or will they see the 0.8299 and not look past it as it's the correct answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaOtter)
    what annoys me is that I did that first then crossed it out
    So did I! I almost wish i didn't check my paper now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.