The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)

Anyway I'm actually worried about City. They've sorted out the midfield with Gundogan, looking to get a CB(Marquinhos rumours) and will probably get a fullback. CL congestion will probably still hurt them again though. Very hard for a team to be consistent in both PL and CL these days.

I think there are 5 or even 6 title contenders.
    Didn't Marquinhos overtake Luiz at the end of the season? I think Marquinhos will be very hard to be prized away with T.Silva looking old and Luiz I think I read will be played in the Central midfield more?

ReputationRep:
    CIty will get Laporte

ReputationRep:
    Is signing injured players the way forward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Didn't Marquinhos overtake Luiz at the end of the season? I think Marquinhos will be very hard to be prized away with T.Silva looking old and Luiz I think I read will be played in the Central midfield more?
    Yeah he did, but that was probably because the season was over.

I guess he would be hard to buy though. Interesting that Luiz is going to be played at CM though, I assume it's to replace Thiago Motta?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's probably coz PSG won the league early on so they could play Marquinhos more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Is signing injured players the way forward?
    No but signing injured forwards is the way players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Yeah that's probably coz PSG won the league early on so they could play Marquinhos more
    No I know they won the league early but I think their going to play Luiz as Jam said in CM to replace Motta.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else opting for Higuain instead of Ibra? I mean, even on free transfer, he'll eat up a ton of wages. Plus French League is nowhere near the quality of the BPL. I think Falcao is a testament to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CristianoNaruto)
    Is anyone else opting for Higuain instead of Ibra? I mean, even on free transfer, he'll eat up a ton of wages. Plus French League is nowhere near the quality of the BPL. I think Falcao is a testament to that.
    • First of all Ibra would work out cheaper than Higuain
    • Second of all why would it matter anyways
    • Third of all poor logic with the french league is no where near quality of the BPL. Martial comes from the ligue 1 and so has Hazard etc. Not to mention Zlatan has played at top level in the Spanish and Italian league also (which Higuain has played at too) so that argument is so invalid.

ReputationRep:
    Higuain will cost upwards of £60million,

Lowe dat.

Money we'd make from Ibra's shirt sales would probably cover his wages.

ReputationRep:
    No I know they won the league early but I think their going to play Luiz as Jam said in CM to replace Motta.
    Personally doubt they'd do that especially as they're trying to win CL, they'll need a real DM. They've been linked with Lass/Kroos/Busquets recently so one could say they are actively looking idk?

ReputationRep:
    Personally doubt they'd do that especially as they're trying to win CL, they'll need a real DM. They've been linked with Lass/Kroos/Busquets recently so one could say they are actively looking idk?
    Luiz is a good DM, much better at that then CB.

Don't see who they could realistically get to play that position, so its a plausible idea.

ReputationRep:
    On another note, has anyone seen Phil Jones's hair style

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
    On another note, has anyone seen Phil Jones's hair style
    Thoughts on Ramsey's?

Rate Aaron/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Thoughts on Ramsey's?

Rate Aaron/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it suits Ramsey more than Jones

ReputationRep:
    Higuain will have more competition for him, will be 50mill+ and has shown no particular interest in United. His wages will also be high.

Ibra will be a free, his wages will be high, his shirt sales will be outrageous, no one else in the big leagues immediately strike me as wanting him and he loves Mourinho.

I don't think we'll get Zlatan, but a better option if it means we spend that 50mill elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Man like Sanches.

Did more in 10mins then our so called 'golden youth'.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho in the crowd at Wembley tonight. Good to see Smalling laid on a performance for him.

ReputationRep:
    • First of all Ibra would work out cheaper than Higuain
    • Second of all why would it matter anyways
    • Third of all poor logic with the french league is no where near quality of the BPL. Martial comes from the ligue 1 and so has Hazard etc. Not to mention Zlatan has played at top level in the Spanish and Italian league also (which Higuain has played at too) so that argument is so invalid.
    falcao was injured the season before transferring to us i believe...had sicknote written all over him...

ReputationRep:
    Dirtybit
    I guess bae's staying then

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.