Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Received an Interview Invitation for Electronic and Information Engineering! - Anyone else receive interview invitations for EEE or EIE?

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard about mechanical?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here preferring Imperial to Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    thats what people who dont get into oxbridge say

ReputationRep:
    imo for physics
    camb > imperial > oxf

if you would like to do a natural science course then yeah go for camb. if you love physics and hate chem come to icl

btw, imperial is amazing since it is super international and people actually give a **** about your personality here. so they don't judge only your maths on the interviews, they also judge your social aspects, which is great bc how will you do research without being able to talk to people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    Not really. I didn't even bother applying for Oxbridge because imperials aero course was clearly superior in my opinion. It's not about the uni, but the course.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not entirely true, no one is unsuccessful at this stage. It's just their opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    You know, I really have no clue!! Both are really good and I think anyone who gets into either has done well

ReputationRep:
    1. Course: Computer Science
    2. GCSEs: 5A* 6A and 1B
    3. AS: A, A, B (Maths, F. Maths and classics - I barely got a B in classics lol)
    4. A2 Predicted: A*A*A* (Maths, F. Maths and Physics)
    Just got an email saying I am invited for an interview on the 2nd of November...... I really need to prepare lol.. anyone else got the same day?

Also, what are you wearing, how are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    That's the kind of logic that can prevent you from getting into either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArafatQ)
    3. AS: A, A, B (Maths, F. Maths and classics - I barely got a B in classics lol)
    Just got an email saying I am invited for an interview on the 2nd of November...... I really need to prepare lol.. anyone else got the same day?

Still waiting for an interview for Computing, hoping I get one soon
    I would wear smart casual and prepare by looking over your personal statement or explaining to someone who doesn't know anything about maths a difficult maths question so they somewhat understand it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArafatQ)

Sorry I know this doesn't answer your question, but when did you apply? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logic938)
    Received an Interview Invitation for Electronic and Information Engineering! - Anyone else receive interview invitations for EEE or EIE?
    What grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Just joining in!

Course: Civil engineering MEng
    GCSEs: 11A* 1A
    AS (achieved): AA (Maths, French)
    A2 (predicted): A*AAA (French, Maths, Physics, English Lit)

For my A2 predicted grades (for maths and physics), my teachers and I decided on not setting it to an A* as we agreed that it would be more realistic than setting the goal too high. Was this a good idea? I'm a little worried that this has hindered my chances of getting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeatrizEstrada)
    imo for physics
    camb > imperial > oxf

if you would like to do a natural science course then yeah go for camb. if you love physics and hate chem come to icl

btw, imperial is amazing since it is super international and people actually give a **** about your personality here. so they don't judge only your maths on the interviews, they also judge your social aspects, which is great bc how will you do research without being able to talk to people
    They don't judge your social aspects in the interview, I am afraid to say. They judge your maths, physics and your willingness (further reading and stuff). I was as awkward as a scared mongoose in my interview and it didn't seem to have any negative impact at all.

(having applied last year).

ReputationRep:
    I already have high enough grades to guarantee an offer from Sidney Sussex (as they place more emphasis on grades than any of the other colleges), yet I didn't bother applying and decided to stick with Imperial.
    While Imperial is a damn lot uglier than Cambridge, and I mean A LOT uglier, it has a professional feel that you don't feel anywhere else. Also, there aren't any decent classical music venues in Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    I already have high enough grades to guarantee an offer from Sidney Sussex (as they place more emphasis on grades than any of the other colleges), yet I didn't bother applying and decided to stick with Imperial.
    While Imperial is a damn lot uglier than Cambridge, and I mean A LOT uglier, it has a professional feel that you don't feel anywhere else. Also, there aren't any decent classical music venues in Cambridge.
    i wasnt being serious btw

ReputationRep:
    i wasnt being serious btw
    Regardless, I think it's a common misconception that Oxbridge overpower any other university in the UK. I mean, they aesthetically do, but other than that, for physics, Imperial's physics > NatSci at Cambridge (but Cambridge's Maths with Physics > Imperial's physics, but you have to take the STEP exam).

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical engineering interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    Mechanical engineering interviews?
    Nope wby

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 18, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.