The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Parents Phenotype = Brown hair : Red hair Parents genotype = Bb : Bb Gametes genotype = B - b : B - b Offspring genotypes = BB Bb Bb bb (1 in 4 chance / 3:1 ratio) Offspring genotypes = Brown hair : Brown hair : Brown hair : red hair
Original post by Blahblahblah7
That's what I put I think and I revised it quite well

Phenotype is whet you see e.g. Brown hair
Genotype is what's there e.g. Bb
And for Dad I put XY and mum is XX

i put this aswell but people are saying its wrong ohwell
Reply 362
The question asking for the estimated number of plants in a field was 160,000 i think as the quadrant was 25cm X 25cm meaning the total area in m2 would be .25*.25*10 to give .635m2 so there are 32 plants per m2 and 32*100*50=160,000
Original post by Naco88
It said that it was an example of the equipment that you can use but if you used all 3 then it will probably get you the marks. :smile:

you also had to talk about how to make the test valid eg by using quadrats, transects etc.
Reply 364
what about the stem cell questions about an advantage and disadvantage to using stem cell from a childs own umbilical cord ??????
Does anyone else think that this was piss hard and that b3 was much better?
Original post by Macym
what about the stem cell questions about an advantage and disadvantage to using stem cell from a childs own umbilical cord ??????

it is okay because it won't have thical problems, since the cord cant form a whole new organism, but it will be rejected.
Original post by hansa123
you also had to talk about how to make the test valid eg by using quadrats, transects etc.

no you didn't go away
Plantains question's answer was 1600, all of my class got this. Also an advantage for hydrogen peroxide question is that is does not require a high temperature
For quadrats question:
0.25m x 0.25m = 0.0625m^2
0.0625 x 10 = 0.625m^2 (Total area of 10 quadrats)
20 ÷ 0.625 = 32
32 x 5000m^2 = 160000 plantains in total
Is this correct and will it get all the marks?
Original post by funky2722
it is okay because it won't have thical problems, since the cord cant form a whole new organism, but it will be rejected.

Wasnt the question just: why would using stem cells from the childs umbilical cord not help the childs genetic disorder?
Reply 371
Original post by Yusuf90
For quadrats question:
0.25m x 0.25m = 0.0625m^2
0.0625 x 10 = 0.625m^2 (Total area of 10 quadrats)
20 ÷ 0.625 = 32
32 x 5000m^2 = 160000 plantains in total
Is this correct and will it get all the marks?

Thats what i got and number seems reasonable for such a large area
no you didn't go away

yes you did just because you didnt doesnt mean you have to be a stubborn cow
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS

did we have 2 six markers in b2??????????//
Original post by coreHelp

yh think so
Original post by hansa123
yes you did just because you didnt doesnt mean you have to be a stubborn cow

this is for the photosynthesis 6 mark question right?
Original post by coreHelp

1, b3 had 2
Original post by theholychilli
Plantains question's answer was 1600, all of my class got this. Also an advantage for hydrogen peroxide question is that is does not require a high temperature

no you probably forgot to divide by 100 becuase converting cm to m is ividing by 10000 not 100.
yh think so

6 Marker and 5 Marker on Speciation
Original post by YAY GCSE
Wasnt the question just: why would using stem cells from the childs umbilical cord not help the childs genetic disorder?

Because the DNA coding for the genetic disorder would be present in the umbilical cord cell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending