The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Wow I was actually on the court playing when I heard this, we all went like wtf... I pray DWade joins LeBron and Kyrie to keep this league competitive.

At the gym right now, will post properly when I get home. This. Is. HUGE!

ReputationRep:
    Expecting stern to veto this deal. For basketball reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Wow I was actually on the court playing when I heard this, we all went like wtf... I pray DWade joins LeBron and Kyrie to keep this league competitive.

At the gym right now, will post properly when I get home. This. Is. HUGE!
    My thinking exactly. Feels like the league is a joke because there's literally only one title contender now. As much as I love D Wade he isn't getting any younger so I don't think even him alongside LeBron and Kyrie can stop the Warriors now

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/Nba2k4Life/...4362456337738/

I'm dead

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OMG no way!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually in shock. OMFG.erpkmgnj;eonguergh

Congrats Warriors fans! Never thought it'd happen but you guys must be feeling elated right now!

ReputationRep:
    Good points from BBA

5 Bold Predictions for Warriors 2016-17 NBA Season:
    • The Warriors do not beat their 73-9 record.
    - Gaining KD but losing Barnes, Bogut and Ezeli can do more bad than good. Combination of role players rather than one superstar is more beneficial to a team, especially when KD is an offensive player, and the Warriors lose some quality defensive players.
    • Curry nor KD win the MVP award.
    - Both their stats will decrease as they play with eachother, it will be hard for one of them in particular to shine when they are both big time offensive scorers along with Klay, and don't do a whole lot else on the court. They will clash in the MVP award voting.
    • Warriors will not win the NBA championship in 2017.
    - LeBron didn't win his first year joining the superteam of Wade/Bosh or Irving/Love. I don't think KD will either. Plus, losing Bogut in the finals gave the Cavs a big advantage offensively when attacking the rim. Now GSW will not have Bogut at all, along with other big role players.
    • Warriors will still make the NBA Finals, and be first seed in the West.
    - Who's going to contend for the top spot in the West now? OKC most likely aren't. But let's not forget the Spurs, they will be hungry.
    • The Warriors bandwagon will be bigger than ever, along with their hatewagon being bigger than ever. Similar to the Miami Heat back in 2010-11.

ReputationRep:
    KD and Curry can kiss any chance of a MVP regular season. They just lost that right.

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO Twitter trolls are savage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    KD and Curry can kiss any chance of a MVP regular season. They just lost that right.
    True, clears the path for Kawhi/LeBron/WB I think. Hard to say who'll win it though, LeBron has already said he doesn't really care about individual accolades anymore and Kawhi is a Pops robot so maybe my money's on WB

ReputationRep:
    True, clears the path for Kawhi/LeBron/WB I think. Hard to say who'll win it though, LeBron has already said he doesn't really care about individual accolades anymore and Kawhi is a Pops robot so maybe my money's on WB
    Yup it'll be between those 3 and possibly the brow if he can get back to form. No respect to Durant what so ever.

ReputationRep:
    Lol KD quote in LBJ leaving his team of bums back in '10 "Now everybody wanna play for the Heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these people"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Yup it'll be between those 3 and possibly the brow if he can get back to form. No respect to Durant what so ever.
    I forgot AD even existed lol. Dude's like my DRose since DRose is my favorite player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    Is there even a point in following the next NBA season?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epic within)
    Attachment 558871
    Couldn't agree more.
    Well said.

ReputationRep:
    Loooool I am dead.
    LMFAO Twitter trolls are savage
    Also lmfao at Warriors fans praising KD for making this move. Guys save your breath, there is literally no use in arguing with them here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Loooool I am dead.

Also lmfao at Warriors fans praising KD for making this move. Guys save your breath, there is literally no use in arguing with them here.
    Smh I'm simultaneously arguing w 4 guys on instagram rn, what am I doing with my life. 'He's a top player and deserves to play on a top team' Because OKC was... bad?

ReputationRep:
    Smh I'm simultaneously arguing w 4 guys on instagram rn, what am I doing with my life. 'He's a top player and deserves to play on a top team' Because OKC was... bad?
    Bruv their logic... it's just.. mind-boggling :lol: The way they try to excuse it is hilarious. Huge props to my man SAS - gave the truth and just simply stated what everyone was thinking. Stop wasting your time arguing with these numbnuts

That move was a sign of mental weakness. Warriors fans please don't quote/reply me because I have 0 interest in debating this and I can't be convinced otherwise. Neither can you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol someone just posted a comment about how if GS sweep their way to the finals this season LB is just gonna be like f*** it and make the Wade/Melo/CP3 superteam with no f**** given :rofl: NOW THAT, I would love to see... would be the greatest NBA rivalry of all time no doubt.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.