Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ahh so do you think emma and lilly will become good friends or something lol?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. With me.

ReputationRep:
    ^ You wish :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess.sparkle)
    ahh so do you think emma and lilly will become good friends or something lol?
    Oooh, I dunno, the Philosophy Student against the SPS one.... there might be a bit of rivalry there! :p:

Does anyone know what college she's applying to? I'll be a tad miffed if she goes for Emmanuel and then starts calling the Uni her own name... that's exactly what I had originally planned! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we'll be lecture buddies. :x

ReputationRep:
    I was at both open days and I didn't even catch a glimpse of her. What's she like irl? A snobbish Paris Hilton or a.. Hermione? And is she really Cambridge material or did she just think she ought to live up to her Hermione-character?

ReputationRep:
    Well, she has all As at her AS so...

ReputationRep:
    She had 8 A*s at GCSE and apparently all As at AS if what valery says above is correct, so obviously she IS Cambridge potential. She's pretty much Hermione anyway; very intelligent and just a little arrogant :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe she won a national movie award over Kiera Knightly and Judi Dench. This only shows the massive popularity of the Harry Potter franchise, not that she's any good at acting. I hope she doesn't become stupidly arrogant, swanning around Cambridge like she owns the place. She's definitly not good enough for that.

ReputationRep:
    Let's see if she gets in first... :p: I think it's safe to say that she will though.

I feel kinda sorry for her; everyone will be staring at her wherever she goes (at first at least) and it may be harder for her to make proper friends.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be there to play the "let them be, I'm right here for you!"-role. Wouldn't that be the best thing in the world, to come home during Christmas-break and tell your family and friends you've befriended Hermione?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickkO)
    I'm gonna be there to play the "let them be, I'm right here for you!"-role. Wouldn't that be the best thing in the world, to come home during Christmas-break and tell your family and friends you've befriended Hermione?
    I'll fight you for that position.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be getting in there first :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by city_chic)
    Let's see if she gets in first... :p: I think it's safe to say that she will though.
    None of us can say that; we all know her grades, but we don't know her proficiency in philosophy (or her UMS, for that matter).

Anyway, who is this Emma Watson? I know some girls who are applying with similar grades, why not make some threads about them? :p: Oh yeah, they weren't in "Harry Potter"... Having said that, I wonder what other universities she's applying to. I'm guessing Durham.

ReputationRep:
    Well she's used to the city, given that some of HP was filmed there.

ReputationRep:
    So has it been confirmed that she'll be trying for Cambridge, and not Oxford? I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned, but both her parents are Oxford graduates. I remember reading somewhere that she had plans of applying to Oxford. It changes from report to report. She's been involved with Oxford for quite a bit in recent years, speaking at the OU and having her 16th birthday party at Hertford college, inviting up to 300 friends or something. Is that a regular occurence there, by the way? Colleges renting space out to rowdy teenagers?

She seems to have the grades to qualify as a candidate, but it's all going to depend on how she does at the interview. Is Philosophy at Cambridge a relatively easy course to get in to? She seems to carry herself pretty well and she's always been touted as a precocious and articulate girl.

Whatever, though. I don't want her to get in, really. She doesn't deserve it. I know it's not fair of me to say something like that, but why doesn't she just work on her acting skills? It's not as if she'll ever need a university education because she's stated already her plans of continuing her acting career after uni.

By the way, according to her offical website, she's dropped History of Art and is now doing Art, Geography and English at A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by city_chic)
    Why do you say that? What makes you so sure she will get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunchbox)
    So has it been confirmed that she'll be trying for Cambridge, and not Oxford? I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned, but both her parents are Oxford graduates. I remember reading somewhere that she had plans of applying to Oxford. It changes from report to report. She's been involved with Oxford for quite a bit in recent years, speaking at the OU and having her 16th birthday party at Hertford college, inviting up to 300 friends or something. Is that a regular occurence there, by the way? Colleges renting space out to rowdy teenagers?

She seems to have the grades to qualify as a candidate, but it's all going to depend on how she does at the interview. Is Philosophy at Cambridge a relatively easy course to get in to? She seems to carry herself pretty well and she's always been touted as a precocious and articulate girl.

Whatever, though. I don't want her to get in, really. She doesn't deserve it. I know it's not fair of me to say something like that, but why doesn't she just work on her acting skills? It's not as if she'll ever need a university education because she's stated already her plans of continuing her acting career after uni.

By the way, according to her offical website, she's dropped History of Art and is now doing Art, Geography and English at A-levels.
    She has a website? Oh do share the link, please!:p: :ditto: Lily Cole if she has her own website too! Better not be Myspace though :nn:...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why, but I hope she doesn't get in, lol....
    I feel mean now

But seriously...some people just get everything.
    So unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Make_It)
    I don't know why, but I hope she doesn't get in, lol....
    I feel mean now

But seriously...some people just get everything.
    So unfair
    Oh! The bliss of schadenfreude. I do empathise with you.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.