The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haha lol, you can't escape Renal. :biggrin:
Ok the Renal baiting wasn't even funny in the beginning. Now it's just boring.
Reply 362
You know what they say about giving an infinite number of monkeys an infinite amount of time and evetually they will string together meaningful sentences...

...wonder how long it will take these guys?
Reply 363
I don't think before this moment right now i have ever been intellectually patronized before. So this is what it feels like. Owwy.
:rofl:

Almost a whole page devoted to Renal...new record! Maybe, just maybe the pre-meds have promoted you to Godlike status :wink:
Reply 365
He's Lucifer. You can guess who that makes me.
PeeWeeDan
He's Lucifer. You can guess who that makes me.

erm no....
Reply 367
j00ni
You know what they say about giving an infinite number of monkeys an infinite amount of time and evetually they will string together meaningful sentences...

...wonder how long it will take these guys?

ZING!
Reply 368
PeeWeeDan
I don't think before this moment right now i have ever been intellectually patronized before.
You must not have noticed.
Reply 369
Renal
You must not have noticed.

Ouch.
Haha poor Dan! Will learn soon my young padawan.
Reply 371
I was just reading this on the BSMS website

http://www.bsms.ac.uk/studyingmedicine/admissions08.htm

and it said 'Interviews are held at BSMS in November and February.'
Do you think that should be from November to February, or they only hold interviews in them two months?
So basically, after November i should forget about them until Feb...?
I presume it means Nov - Feb. It'd be a bit weird to only interview for two months.
Reply 373
This thread has kind of disappeared into non-existance at the moment, so i'd thought i'd post some news.

Got rejected without interview from BSMS yesterday.. Was my 2nd/3rd choice, and as it stands i have no other interviews, so upset me a little :rolleyes:

Strange though, how now, one day on, i'm over it.
They offered me the chance to directly swap my application to another medical related course before they notify UCAS of my rejection. Not sure if i will take them up on their offer, i'd rather take a year out and reapply.

Oh that reminds me of a question i had. Say you get rejected from all 4 choices, get your A levels and get the appropriate grades etc. You decide to take a year out and reapply. Can you reapply to the same unis as you did this year? I know there are restrictions if you are resitting, but if your not, would they consider you again?

How's everyone else's applications going?
Mine's going crap, still stuck on 3 acknowledgements, 1 offer (for biomed) and ??? from UCL >.<

I want intervieeeewwws

Oh, and sorry to hear about your rejection, still you have 3 to go before you should start to think about gap years etc. Hang in there :smile:
_bonnie

Oh that reminds me of a question i had. Say you get rejected from all 4 choices, get your A levels and get the appropriate grades etc. You decide to take a year out and reapply. Can you reapply to the same unis as you did this year? I know there are restrictions if you are resitting, but if your not, would they consider you again?

Aww sorry about the rejection, but like Democracy said, you still have 3 chances left :smile:

Umm about the reapplying, not sure about that, I know UCL said if they interview you and then reject you, you probably wont have a good chance of getting an interview again or something.. Can't remember where I read that though... (I also think it said you will have to contact them to find out..)

Anyways, you should probably just ask the unis themselves :smile:

My application? umm I have an interview at UCL on tuesday...which of course I am terrified of... I feel a rejection coming :s-smilie: But hey maybe it wont be so bad..

EDIT:
Hey I found it and I quote from the UCL website...
Please note that it is normally the policy of this medical school not to reconsider applicants who have previously been unsuccessful following interview unless they were encouraged to reapply. If you are thinking about applying for a second attempt and are unsure whether your application would be considered please write to the admissions tutor first.
Democracy
Mine's going crap, still stuck on 3 acknowledgements, 1 offer (for biomed) and ??? from UCL >.<

I want intervieeeewwws

Oh, and sorry to hear about your rejection, still you have 3 to go before you should start to think about gap years etc. Hang in there :smile:

sure you haven't got an acknowledgment from UCL? I got one days after I sent of the UCAS stuff. Check your email
Reply 377
Good luck on appy's everyone :smile:
_bonnie
This thread has kind of disappeared into non-existance at the moment, so i'd thought i'd post some news.

Got rejected without interview from BSMS yesterday.. Was my 2nd/3rd choice, and as it stands i have no other interviews, so upset me a little :rolleyes:

Strange though, how now, one day on, i'm over it.
They offered me the chance to directly swap my application to another medical related course before they notify UCAS of my rejection. Not sure if i will take them up on their offer, i'd rather take a year out and reapply.

How's everyone else's applications going?

:hugs: Sorry to hear about BSMS, but you seem to have the right attitude about it anyway ;yes;

I think the policy for reapplying varies with each uni and quite a few will say they don't reconsider applicants who were rejected after interview.

I have an interview at Nottingham this Wed; slightly scared because my other 2 didn't go amazingly, and this is possibly my last chance. Hmm I think I'll just see how it goes though and hope for the best!
PeeWeeDan
Good luck on appy's everyone :smile:

I'm going to need it Dan :p:

Latest