Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My teacher was saying that because from next year A*s are being introduced, most of this year's papers are a bit harder because the exam people and government want to see if there is another boundary, the A*, 90% boundary, so chances are that the paper will be really really hard, but they don't expect many people to get the hard parts - we're the guinea pigs.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Brilliant...

ReputationRep:
    man...... than hope it be real hard so that those people who didn't study
    get the same thing as those people who studied a lot.
    Than we'll get equal grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistereyeciti)
    that wouldnt be fair

ReputationRep:
    it's communism!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistereyeciti)

those who don't study or don't know how to approach the synoptic will get 0.

Even if it is very hard you will still get >0 if you studied.

ReputationRep:
    I'll get 1, which is >0 then..does that show i've studied..? LOL! just jk..

By the way, can you ACTUALLY revise for synoptic? Those comprehension seems so random to me..

ReputationRep:
    my point too
    i don't exactly know what to revise
    everything is so random but doable. Its just application based nothing else.
    Btw the comprehension bits usually come from the Physics At Work part in Advanced Physics for You by Keith Johnson ....if u have that book better go through those sections.

ReputationRep:
    weeeehhoooooheeeehaaaamoooohoooo heeeehaaaaawooooooopppppppaaaaaa arrrrrrraaaaaggggg

ReputationRep:
    sorry, pre-exam trauma

ReputationRep:
    by the way, you guys watch the euro2008?? i hope france beat italy today, i think it's doable since both have been kinda crap during the whole competition. I basically want Italy out...

ReputationRep:
    i'm like talking to myself, but never mind..lol..well, they might ask about faraday's lenz's law..they didnt in the unit 5 paper..and also photoelectricity..they never did ask about that..there's no use trying to predict anyway..i'll just go watch tv now, bye guys
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    yea but that wont be to bad haha im just praying for this to be over lol. What time is the match by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bertus3223)
    yea but that wont be to bad haha im just praying for this to be over lol. What time is the match by the way?
    Italy Vs France - Group C Final Game
    Date: Tue 17 June
    Kick-off: 1945 BST

ReputationRep:
    oh ****, go italy lol haha

ReputationRep:
    hey btw what are the main differences between synchotron and cyclotron because only difference ive spotted is that the synchotron is a spiral with the two d shapes and the other is a circle that accelerates two different particles in opposite directions and then make them colide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bertus3223)
    hey btw what are the main differences between synchotron and cyclotron because only difference ive spotted is that the synchotron is a spiral with the two d shapes and the other is a circle that accelerates two different particles in opposite directions and then make them colide
    i thought we're only supposed to know cyclotron?? what's a synchrotron??we dont have to know it for edexcel, right?

ReputationRep:
    no actually we do, well all that a synchotron is, its similar to the cyclotron but instead of going round in spirals its just a huge ass circle through which the particles are continuously accelerated, then the two particles are made to colide, the benefits of this is that it gives us a lot more information about each particle due to them hitting each other at very high speeds. other than that its the same as the synchotron. There was a question asking whats the benefits of using each one and the drawbacks of using each one

ReputationRep:
    To help you look up the word CERN, its a synchotron in geneva, it might just tell you in more detail how exactly it works

ReputationRep:
    so in cyclotron it's a fixed target colliding, right? and the synchotron, two beams collide? oh, that question was june 06, right?? i did it, but i dont really remember...anywayz, i'm starting to feel jumpy,etc...i really wanna just be soooo relaxed @ exam...my brain doesnt let me think if im panicky..

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.