Why did you get a shih tzu, Taddy?
Transatlanticdrawl_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dissey)
Why did you get a shih tzu, Taddy?

Weel I didn't want another dog, but about 3 years ago my mum just decided she wanted one. I don't think at the time they realised how bad the snout/eye thing is. It's not great. But we've got her now I suppose so it's just a case of give her a good life. She's very happy though, just has weepy eyes. She actually looks like no shih tzu you have ever seen in your life, she's really rare imo. She's small even for a shih tzu, and her hair is real dark auburn all over
Dissey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
Weel I didn't want another dog, but about 3 years ago my mum just decided she wanted one. I don't think at the time they realised how bad the snout/eye thing is. It's not great. But we've got her now I suppose so it's just a case of give her a good life. She's very happy though, just has weepy eyes. She actually looks like no shih tzu you have ever seen in your life, she's really rare imo. She's small even for a shih tzu, and her hair is real dark auburn all over
Gah, I'm not into small dogs, I really love rotties and great danes but they have such a short life span. Anw small dogs are growing on me, my sister bought a papillon and she's adorable when she gets to know you (first day she growls and tries to bite you)

The ugliest dogs are pugs, gah, can't stand their alien eyes.
Transatlanticdrawl_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LOL I swear our shih tzu is more pug than shih tzu. She looks nothing like a shih tzu (you know like the cream and tan long flowing hair, like they've got big long flowing wigs on). Hold on, here's a pic

Paddling pool lolz

In fact sometimes I doubt she really is a proper pedigree
theparsniplady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
LOL I swear our shih tzu is more pug than shih tzu. She looks nothing like a shih tzu (you know like the cream and tan long flowing hair, like they've got big long flowing wigs on). Hold on, here's a pic

Paddling pool lolz

In fact sometimes I doubt she really is a proper pedigree

Aww, she's cute. The westie behind is really cute too. I love them.
Dissey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aw, lol, she's actually cute. She looks like a Flintstones version of a shih tzu.

Our family friends in Zambia have two pet tigers in their back yard in this cage (for real) and a shih tzu puppy ran through the spaces of the cage and er.. didn't walk back out ;/

I attached a pic of my fattie ;D
Attached files
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If we're posting pictures of fat cats, then my cat beats everyone! His belly is huge!! Though he isnt really overweight, he is just a short and stocky build is and I suppose you would call his mental level "simple". :tongue:

Look at that belly!!!
Dissey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He's gorgeous, his coat is so glossy :love: I love fat cats

Lots of English cats are black and white, I noticed at the practice. Here they're all tabbies.
x_Bex_x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
had biomolec exam today, went quite well from my point of view. physiology 2mora eep!
Floob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hehe I'm sure youll be fine, and if not plenty of drink to drown our sorrows may be in order. Screw our cerebellum and vestibular apparatus, those things deserve to die imo!!!
x_Bex_x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah lets dilute that otolith good and proper! lol
Dissey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Soon I'll know what you guys are going on about ;D
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think its brain parts? I only know what the cerebellum is though.

The strange thing about naming of the structures in the brain is that the names are normally totally unrelated to their function as most of the original anatomical work was done before they had the means to test what area did what. I think there is one area that is called the latin literally meaning "Lumpy bits"
Egglet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
eh eh firsties... come to cheesy tomorrow and i'll show you how to really become mentally incapacitated!
Egglet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PS cerebellum means 'tree of life' in latin because it looks like a tree ... or so i was told.
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Egglet)
PS cerebellum means 'tree of life' in latin because it looks like a tree ... or so i was told.
I think it means little brain. Cerebrum is brain in latin, and the -llum ending just makes it little. (like the difference between calamari and calamaritos in spanish.)

Though, when you could also make the mistake the cerea means wax in latin and bellum means war. But that doesnt really make sense.
Dissey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I remember my bio teacher saying cerebellum means 'little brain'! He also gave us the definition of homeostasis in french by the dude that came up with the concept: "La fixité du milieu intérieur est la condition d'une vie libre et indépendante"
Floob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Egglet)
the bit in the cerebellum that looks like a tree (if you slice through it) is called arbor vitae or 'tree of life'
then the bit in the middle if you look down on it is called the vermis because it looks like a worm!
(why do i know that and not any of the useful physiology?)

egglet- I'm pretty sure some firsties will be at cheesy tomorrow, if you need to find bex she'll be at the pool tables drinking morgans and coke! You may not know it yet bex, but you ARE going out lol
x_Bex_x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh i know, went and bout my red nose and a red top from oxfam to support COMIC RELIEF. wooooooo!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?